★[GDT] 2024 All Stars Weekend Feb 1-3

Is the announcer in the arena for the All star game in Toronto the announcer that the Canucks use? It sure sounds like it.. maybe he's our 8th member? An all star announcer?

Edited by Slegr

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Love the coach staying on message and taking it one day at a time.  One bite of the elephant at a time.  

Keeping the players focused and not think about playoffs. Almost half a season left, lot of stuff can go wrong.  Look at LAK, in one month from looking like a contender to firing the coach.  Oils from complete collapse to hottest streak in NHL.   They may collapse again, who knows.  

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Love the coach staying on message and taking it one day at a time.  One bite of the elephant at a time.  

Keeping the players focused and not think about playoffs. Almost half a season left, lot of stuff can go wrong.  Look at LAK, in one month from looking like a contender to firing the coach.  Oils from complete collapse to hottest streak in NHL.   They may collapse again, who knows.  

The Canucks are totally focused and have been for pretty much the whole year. Rick reacts to what needs or should be done, with the help of Alvin, quickly.

Feel better about this Canuck team, and the way it's structured then anyone in the past with the exception of 94 and 2011, maybe more...

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

They play Tuesday in Carolina. Not much rest time for our All Stars. And Lindy has to get back to Calgary pack some bags and get to Van. He's going to be wiped.

I think he's already packed .. he packed 2 suitcases and a suits bag for the trip.. i read it this morning. Maybe in the Province i think.... 

29 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Couldn't agree more.

For the next 33 games - I just hope to see even better defensive consistency + limit those grade A chances.

Would also like them to continue their good 5-5 play as the referees tend to stop making as many calls as the regular season winds down and into the playoffs.

Nonetheless - hope the players enjoyed a well deserved week off to reset

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 1

GETTING FAMILIAR

Canucks head coach Rick Tocchet, who was behind the bench for Team Hughes, said having Lindholm in Toronto for the all-star festivities after the trade with Calgary will be beneficial moving forward.

"Instead of seeing him (Sunday) in Carolina, I've seen in the last three days, got to know him," Tocchet said. "Met his family, met his fiancée, his dad. I think that goes a long way in making him understand how organization will take care of him, acclimate him a little bit to our team.

"These three days and being in this setting — more of a fun setting — I think it's helped."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/team-matthews-tops-team-mcdavid-to-win-1m-prize-in-nhl-all-star-final/

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2