★[GDT] 2024 All Stars Weekend Feb 1-3

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He wanted reactions and he got them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Enjoy this moment everyone!

Its the longest amount of time until we have to watch the All Star game again! 

It was enjoyable. The amount of talent on ice from different generations and teams was great to see. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Tons of talent yes but only flashes of it.

Too many guys mailing it in.

Mailing it in because of the nature of the event, fine.  

However, even on low-mode the talent and skill by so many of them was a joy to watch.

I personally really enjoyed seeing a low key best on best. Especially for my Fantasy Team! 

:classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1

Gotta say I PVR'd the game (was working) these games are no where near as fun to watch as they were when I was a kid (37 now).....

I heard nothing is happening next yr and hope it's true. If the Allstar game is to go on I'd like to see a return to the East Vs. West format.

Also unpopular opinion but with the 4 nations thing next yr I'd like to see Russia and Czechia added... just sayin'

Please don't crucify me hahaha 😅 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He wanted reactions and he got them. 

Thing is though....what an ass to make this about him. To want the spotlight in an event about others. Ego as big as his dumb coat.

He was a guest/supporting cast but it's like he needs all the attention. Bieber...pure Toronto, through and through. Center of the universe stuff.

I loved Buble...he's a likeable, down to earth guy. Bieber...no thanks, pass.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Tons of talent yes but only flashes of it.

Too many guys mailing it in.

Thing is...can you blame them?

I mean, this is a break for them before they hit a gruelling stretch. Everyone wants to stay healthy for the final push.

Also...players have their kids there and it's a fun atmosphere overall.

I'm glad our guys mailed it in (except Demko...that one stretched out save had me cringe. He was his ultra competitive self).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is...can you blame them?

I mean, this is a break for them before they hit a gruelling stretch. Everyone wants to stay healthy for the final push.

Also...players have their kids there and it's a fun atmosphere overall.

I'm glad our guys mailed it in (except Demko...that one stretched out save had me cringe. He was his ultra competitive self).

They mailed it, you nailed it, as always.

lol team hughes shootout was hard to watch.. not surprised though since the canucks are one of the worse shootout teams in the last 7-8 years.. i think we are 1 of couple teams to have a 0% shootout % this season lol.. i thought we would easily make it to the finals though not that i care.. 1 less meaningless game to play and i doubt they care about the 1mil prize split between everyone where it ends up less than 100k each

2 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

No surprise team with Leafs allstars wins the trophy.

Allstar play fits their style... all flash, glitz and zero defense.

Yep, and they’ve invested in those top talents without any quality support, so while their big guns might run-and-gun just fine, there’s no substance there. I’m really hoping they slide out of playoff contention in the last 30+ games.

• Cheers 1

I've not gone out of my way to view the AS Weekends the past few years. Got out of hand with all that non hockey related mumbo jumbo. I get that they've been wanting to boost up the entertainment  value, but to me it was more than bordering on the absurd. The AS Weekend in Vegas was the worst. Sooooo bad!!!!

I'm glad to see that it kinda' went back to the stock, no options layout. The Draft part of it seemed a bit disheveled. Too many peeps talking at once. Other than Buble and Arnett, the other two Bieber and that chick were useless. At least Bub and Arn gave us some entertainment. And Bieb's jacket? WTF?!!????

I thought the inclusion of the PWHL gals in a 3 on 3 challenge was pretty good. Good hockey, good entertainment, and good PR for the PWHL. After viewing PWHL games it was great to see their stars all together. That Swiss chick, Alina Muller was a playmaking fool. Was impressed!

I really liked the return of the old school format for the skills competition. None of that off ice sh*t or stupid razzle dazzle costumes and novelty shoot outs. F*ckin' hated that crap. Just back to basics and a real show of skill. Though it needs a little tweaking, but all in all a good entertaining night of skills and seemingly fun for all. (Perhaps not for Kuch though!)

The events outside of the arena; meet and greets, autograph signings, family style events, free swag, good eats,  and such. Nuthin' else. I believe and hope that's what they did. Should be that way.

The AS Gameday? I thought it was pretty damn good. Pretty competitive games. Perhaps with a cool million bucks to be had was a motivating factor, but if that was why the games were more competitive, I'm all for it.

Did the PWHL gals get a pay check for their efforts? Does anyone know? I'm guessing it wasn't a cool mil, or the six figures the NHL goalies won, but...............

- High point? RT with his goal scoring predictions in Brady and Frankie. 

- Low point. Well, for me it was that chick performer. I'm an oldster and quite honestly never heard of her or her music. And as I mentioned earlier; useless as a celebrity coach. 

I mean come on. NHL has money. The Grey Cup had Green Day. The NHL ASG shoulda' had a higher profile artist. But, whatever. I digress...........

Let's get back to some Canucks hockey already!!!!!!!!! Tuesday Feb. 6 vs the Canes. Be there or be square!

Go new look Canucks, Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

How is Lindholm in the shoutout?

Really need to get three shooters that don’t skate in slow motion in the shootout.

Totally agree! I’m not sure to be honest in regards to Lindholm.