★[GDT] 2024 All Stars Weekend Feb 1-3

Just now, Baratheon said:

The Olympics pose the same risk no?  

Y. I think so.   But it's a much bigger stage, more eyes on the game than a national one.  Guess NHL was happy with the deal they got with IOC.   

• Cheers 1

The only thing I didn't like was Jack Hughes picking his buddies like Bratt over Lindholm.  What's he doing picking?  Isn't Quinn the Captain?  Idk, didn't feel organic. It's like why are we pretending? The Leafs knew exactly who they wanted.  Who put the bug in Quinn's ear to pick Connor or Vatrano?  And I love that Petey told Jack to sit his @ss down and then picked Miller.  Jack, this isn't your moment.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

I didn't see it so can't confirm.

I hear that for the last pick Jack had eyed up someone else and Petey overruled and said they were picking Miller. Love it. Despite this being a meaningless deal, I want the brotherhood on the bench to remain strong.

And also Quinn apologized to Miller for picking him last. AND SO YOU SHOULD, QUINN. Kucherov? No.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I felt last year in Vegas was worse.

For some reason, I'm loving this year (obviously a lot to do with having so many players involved).

When the deal was here I was also really into it.

They could do a lot better for sure...but I love that Buble's our guy and I'm looking forward to the Skills and the game. (Get to wfh this afternoon so that lined up nicely).

You mean Florida? Vegas was 2022

31 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yikes… those hoodies look like you can get from Carl’s Jr…

it would have look better if that ugly yellow star colour is silver or white..

IMG_7098.thumb.png.8dd41a9a4fc89401a0756ebd0fdea13d.png

Edited by Crimson JH

47 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The only thing I didn't like was Jack Hughes picking his buddies like Bratt over Lindholm.  What's he doing picking?  Isn't Quinn the Captain?  Idk, didn't feel organic. It's like why are we pretending? The Leafs knew exactly who they wanted.  Who put the bug in Quinn's ear to pick Connor or Vatrano?  And I love that Petey told Jack to sit his @ss down and then picked Miller.  Jack, this isn't your moment.  

I'm pretty sure the picks, aside from the last round, were pre-determined already. They likely did the draft off camera and just made it so players can choose the ones they've already selected in any order. There's no way they would've gotten the jersey names AND numbers to the players so quickly unless there is a magician off camera...

51 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Actually Vatrano is a random pick from an envelope 

• Cheers 1