Crazy P - love him or hate him?

Slegr

Crazy P - love or hate?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Crazy P - love or hate?

• Love - keep the drum beating!
    • Hate - Shut yur trap and sit down!

14 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Does anyone know what ever happened to the Green men? Did they stop doing what they did cause the Canucks started sucking for the last 10 years? Or got too old for their acrobatic antics?

I thought they might have officially retired maybe? I wouldn't mind the occasional appearance. 

Been to a few games during the dark times including the jersey toss game and the poor guy put up with a lot of hecklers from the crowd when he tried to get them excited about the team when it was horribad. He deserves every moment of hype and fun this season .

• Cheers 1

Used to love Crazy George way back when with the Lions. 

Not so much with Crazy P...I find him way too much. Great that he gets the crowd going....just please not too close to me. Especially the 7 Nations Army thing...so overdone and stale. Maybe if he came up with some new ideas.

I find it distracting, especially if it's nearing the end of a close game. Drunk people not even caring about what's happening on the ice. 

I get it...and overall it's probably a good thing. But just not for me.

I do get a giggle out of the t shirt guy though (ripping off the tearaway pants deal). His energy's not so loud and in your face.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:36 AM, Slegr said:

I thought they might have officially retired maybe? I wouldn't mind the occasional appearance. 

They were at the last game.

At least there were green men there, not sure if they were "the" green men. I loved them, they were hilarious.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, -dlc- said:

They were at the last game.

At least there were green men there, not sure if they were "the" green men. I loved them, they were hilarious.

I'd really like to see the tantrum McDiver would throw after a trip to the penalty box next to these guys.

19 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Not so much with Crazy P...I find him way too much. Great that he gets the crowd going....just please not too close to me. Especially the 7 Nations Army thing...so overdone and stale. Maybe if he came up with some new ideas.

I find it distracting, especially if it's nearing the end of a close game. Drunk people not even caring about what's happening on the ice. 

I do get a giggle out of the t shirt guy though (ripping off the tearaway pants deal). His energy's not so loud and in your face.

Crazy George, at least to me (others might feel different) seemed more natural and/organic in his own nutty way heh.  Don't like or dislike Crazy P.  More like neutral.  They just seem more "manufacturered" but that just be me in my old cynical ways today.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:17 PM, -AJ- said:

I personally don't care for fabricated hype, but don't mind that others get excited by it.

I'll yell and be loud based on the hockey that's going on, not the "show" around the hockey game.

The perfect Rogers Arena attendee circa 2015-2017.

Edit: bonus points if you wear a suit 

Edited by MikeyD

22 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Loved Crazy George at Vernon Vipers games when I was younger. 

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The perfect Rogers Arena attendee circa 2015-2017.

Edit: bonus points if you wear a suit 

Haha, most of the suits aren't even watching the game. I'm as stoic as a statue until we score or a great play happens and I go nuts. I just need a good hockey reason to make noise instead of some jumbotron message inciting me to make noise. I'll cheer louder for a good clear on the PK than "Make some noise".

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Haha, most of the suits aren't even watching the game. I'm as stoic as a statue until we score or a great play happens and I go nuts. I just need a good hockey reason to make noise instead of some jumbotron message inciting me to make noise. I'll cheer louder for a good clear on the PK than "Make some noise".

I take my words back. That's a great hockey fan. The best ones to be around. I thought you were insinuating that you only cheered for goals and fights and such lol

• Cheers 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, Northern_Nuck said:

The NHL clamped down on them in 2012  for visiting team’s safety. And then they retired in 2014

I don’t understand how they put visiting teams in jeopardy. 

Also, like Heffy said, I’d love to see McDavid and gang reacting to them.