[REPORT] KINGS FIRE MCLELLAN

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yep he was my first choice that draft, good player when his head is in it but man is he not worth the headache imo. 

yeah he certainly doesn't strike me as particularly focused on hockey. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

I don't know know if they have the horses.  Anyway I'd love the canucks to play them in the first round.  I think it would be cathartic to take them out after they dumped us on their first cup run.

Better then playing the Blues.  They seem to be the one team we struggle with.  

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And to think. I was upset Vancouver didn't get PLD in the draft.....

PLD drafted #3 and then straight to a desperate CBJ franchise. No AHL time. In 48 games he is a - 16 in a d-side strong LA team. - 5 in his last 5 games played. under 14 minutes TOI in last 5 games. Chevy did a hellva job getting what he did out of LA. Mclellan is taking the hit but GM Blake made the trade. I doubt there is a coach change bump as Doughty was laying the problem on team mates. Hard to imagine that PLD wasn't one of them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plaguez said:

Fired because of GM's terrible trade.  PLD is a flaming bag of dog shit on the front step.  Big, strong, talented center that has zero work ethic.  The only coach that will get him to work will be the one to send him to the AHL for a full season.  Unfortunately he makes way to much for any owner to agree to bury that money. What a waste.

Yeah, dogshit who has scored 20 almost every year of his career

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Berube in LA feels like a natural fit.

that was my thought too until i saw that they already had an interim for the rest of the year. I could still see it in the offseason if nobody snaps up berube first, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him land in toronto after another first round flame out. 

Edited by tas

I have to say, I think this was the right call. Create a shakeup while playoff hopes are still alive rather than potentially continue the decline.

I guess we'll see how the team responds to this and if it's enough to keep them in a playoff position.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Yeah, dogshit who has scored 20 almost every year of his career

But how many if he applied himself? Not a fan of lazy people, one of my pet peeves. Whether sports or real world people, laziness drives me nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rekker said:

But how many if he applied himself? Not a fan of lazy people, one of my pet peeves. Whether sports or real world people, laziness drives me nuts. 

It is more the sense of entitlement that this guy oozes that bothers me. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

PLD when he actually plays like he cares looks like he can be a real difference maker. I've watched too many of his games though to where you don't even realize he is playing because of how often he is invisible out there.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

You dont have the career he's had by being lazy.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

You dont have the career he's had by being lazy.

Not sure about that. You have the career he's having by being lazy. Pierre Luc Dubois is bordering on clown territory with his antics traveling with him on every team he's joined.  Listen to NHL Network, he's literally labeled a floater a lot of the times. That's laziness. 

• Cheers 1

Wow, pretty good coach but I guess they need to do something. Do they go on a run now too?

I have to take (hockey) issue with the PLD comments. Seems vaguely familiar as some folks declaring the Oilers season done earlier in the year. He is still a very good player with a desirable skillset. It can be very hard to adjust on a new team, some players immediately gel, with others it can take a year or more. 

I personally wouldn't be so giddy counting them and PLD out at this point, but to each their own. I am wondering are people just looking at his counting stats and concluding he's a bust. I haven't followed them at all so I don't know. Just not sure why people are jumping to this conclusion.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And to think. I was upset Vancouver didn't get PLD in the draft.....

Same, was hoping he would drop. 

• Like 1