[REPORT] KINGS FIRE MCLELLAN

18 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Not sure about that. You have the career he's having by being lazy. Pierre Luc Dubois is bordering on clown territory with his antics traveling with him on every team he's joined.  Listen to NHL Network, he's literally labeled a floater a lot of the times. That's laziness. 

What antics are those?

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

2nd most winningest coach in history, he is going to more than likely be allowed to coach again in the NHL at some point. 

Not arguing. Think he is a fantastic coach. It is the baggage that is now attached. Don’t think LA will care though (their team has a bit of a rep for shady). 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, boziffous said:

PLD when he actually plays like he cares looks like he can be a real difference maker. I've watched too many of his games though to where you don't even realize he is playing because of how often he is invisible out there.

Toc would bench or scratch him!!!

31 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Not arguing. Think he is a fantastic coach. It is the baggage that is now attached. Don’t think LA will care though (their team has a bit of a rep for shady). 

Oh wow I completely forgot the baggage part my bad lol apparently i've been living under a rock haha

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

What antics are those?

Benchings in Columbus for floating shifts. Remember the shift in Columbus where he didn't even try?  Pouting his way out of Columbus all but forcing a trade. McClellan has voiced his frustrations with PLD saying "it's time". Benchings in LA. Maybe antics is the wrong word, not sure what the right word is. But hey, you want to make PLD out to be a non-lazy player, be my guest. Floating players are lazy by my definition. Not my kind of guy or player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Kings will continue to stink. Their best players are old and dropping off. They are done. Will miss the playoffs. 

I genuinely hope this is the case. I hate the “Kings are going to be so good blah blah blah” talk.  (Even if it’s true.. almost moreso if it’s true.)

I remain hopeful Doughty and Kopitar are still the reason they looked good recently and they’re finally declining so will the opinion of that stupid franchise.  I think I hate them as much as Chicago, Boston or the Leafs.

Edited by The Duke

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Crazy. We've had a team go from 1st to barely making the playoffs and another from the basement to one of the best in the league all in one season.

Yes, I miss the days of the Golden Seals and ...  oh wait ...

5 hours ago, Rekker said:

Benchings in Columbus for floating shifts. Remember the shift in Columbus where he didn't even try?  Pouting his way out of Columbus all but forcing a trade. McClellan has voiced his frustrations with PLD saying "it's time". Benchings in LA. Maybe antics is the wrong word, not sure what the right word is. But hey, you want to make PLD out to be a non-lazy player, be my guest. Floating players are lazy by my definition. Not my kind of guy or player.

I'm really going to watch him when we play the Kings soon enough. I thought he played pretty well when I watched him whenever we played the Jets. I never saw this lazy or floating you're talking about, but I did read an article about the benching in Columbus ... that was also part of a trade request dispute with Torts (makes sense now - I still love Torts lol). An article I found on it is kind of interesting if you want a read / refresher.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/analyzing-led-pierre-luc-dubois-benching-john-tortorella/

He's played all 48 games for the Kings so never scratched, I haven't seen any benching's either, however only 10 goals 10 assists for a pretty paltry 39 point pace, off from his 60 point projection. He appears to be playing on the third line and Danult is on the second (10 goals, 20 assists), which is a bit of a head scratcher. Kopitar has (15 goals, 26 assists) just out of curiosity. I tried to find some articles but only found some poorly written ones from Habs fans that don't have any real reporting in them except a vague quote from the coach.

https://www.habsfanatics.com/nhl-team/los-angeles-kings/Pierre-Luc-Dubois-Disrespected-by-His-Own-Head-Coach-After-Terrible-Game

https://dose.ca/2024/02/01/the-kings-are-not-happy-with-pierre-luc-dubois/

Do you have a good source about the LA benching's / laziness?

2 hours ago, stawns said:

None

Just curious if you have any insight on how PLD's year is going out there. Any particular reason his points are so underwhelming ...  besides the entire team struggling lately?

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It was an interview with the Kings reporter on NHL Network that talked about that, and his struggles. They are real. 

55 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It was an interview with the Kings reporter on NHL Network that talked about that, and his struggles. They are real. 

Ah cool. It's not that I don't believe you I just like to learn all I can about differing hockey matters. It would be nice to see it / read it for myself. As such I'm relying on your words for now and my eye test when we play them ... although I'll probably check out a couple games earlier because I'm somewhat interested now.

I thought it was a pretty interesting move and a possibly very good one for an already surprising regular season team and a tough out playoff team. So far not what was hoped for obviously, although that's some pretty sick center depth if he starts getting it. Don't hold it against me but I'll wait a bit to pass judgement as many trades take awhile to fit in. I wouldn't count them out quite yet.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm really going to watch him when we play the Kings soon enough. I thought he played pretty well when I watched him whenever we played the Jets. I never saw this lazy or floating you're talking about, but I did read an article about the benching in Columbus ... that was also part of a trade request dispute with Torts (makes sense now - I still love Torts lol). An article I found on it is kind of interesting if you want a read / refresher.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/analyzing-led-pierre-luc-dubois-benching-john-tortorella/

He's played all 48 games for the Kings so never scratched, I haven't seen any benching's either, however only 10 goals 10 assists for a pretty paltry 39 point pace, off from his 60 point projection. He appears to be playing on the third line and Danult is on the second (10 goals, 20 assists), which is a bit of a head scratcher. Kopitar has (15 goals, 26 assists) just out of curiosity. I tried to find some articles but only found some poorly written ones from Habs fans that don't have any real reporting in them except a vague quote from the coach.

https://www.habsfanatics.com/nhl-team/los-angeles-kings/Pierre-Luc-Dubois-Disrespected-by-His-Own-Head-Coach-After-Terrible-Game

https://dose.ca/2024/02/01/the-kings-are-not-happy-with-pierre-luc-dubois/

Just curious if you have any insight on how PLD's year is going out there. Any particular reason his points are so underwhelming ...  besides the entire team struggling lately?

I think sometimes you just don't mesh with a coach.

Is McLellean really a good coach? Or, just good enough to make the playoffs with strong teams and some help from the refs (mostly talking Sharks on the last).

I guess good enough to have a long career, but his record is not stellar outside of his Sharks days.

Rick Bowness admitted that the Dubois trade convinced Hellebyuck and Scheifele to re-sign. Considering that trade was mostly futures and Iafallo who most didn't even really care about, I think it's safe to say Dubois is a problem child. So many different teams and coaches and it all ends the same way. Who knows though, I am sure he'll put it together with the 6th coach.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Is McLellean really a good coach? Or, just good enough to make the playoffs with strong teams and some help from the refs (mostly talking Sharks on the last).

I guess good enough to have a long career, but his record is not stellar outside of his Sharks days.

coaching the oilers will take its toll on anybody. 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Boudrias said:

PLD drafted #3 and then straight to a desperate CBJ franchise. No AHL time. In 48 games he is a - 16 in a d-side strong LA team. - 5 in his last 5 games played. under 14 minutes TOI in last 5 games. Chevy did a hellva job getting what he did out of LA. Mclellan is taking the hit but GM Blake made the trade. I doubt there is a coach change bump as Doughty was laying the problem on team mates. Hard to imagine that PLD wasn't one of them.  

And you want to talk about over payment 

LA overpaid big time