All In Proposal (Van - SJS)

To Sharks - Aatu Raty, 2024 7th

To Vancouver - Nico Sturm 

Sturm 28 -6'3 210 pounds. He gives us size, experience and face off wins. He can be moved up and down the line up and gives the coach a bunch more options.  He will stand up for teamates even if he doesnt win the fight.  Aman can be called upon during injuries. Sturm only costs 2m on the cap for another 2 years. 

Raty is not ready yet but will be probably next year and the Sharks will like that about him. Canucks make another serious move to bolster their forward group

Pettersson Lindholm Mikheyev

Suter Miller Boeser 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Sturm Lafferty 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Myers

Zedorov Juulsen 

Demko

Desmith

Edited by Rypien-Punch
  • Haha 1

Jan Rutta is probably the only player on SJ i'd consider ... with retention if no cap is going back or if they take Mikheyev with his full cap hit in return so we can weaponize the savings to acquire a new LW

• Like 1

The only Sharks I would want are Mukhamadullin (already played top-pair minutes and PP2) or Zetterlund, so we're not trading for vets or underperforming depth which we don't really need.  Instead of getting a rental or Couture/ Hertl (which would cripple our salary cap and deplete our futures), I'd be open to seeing Shak get ice time, for the future.  Of course they wouldn't strip their roster bare again, but just saying the only moves I would be willing to make.

Edited by Phil_314

On 2/2/2024 at 10:26 PM, Phil_314 said:

The only Sharks I would want are Mukhamadullin (already played top-pair minutes and PP2) or Zetterlund, so we're not trading for vets or underperforming depth which we don't really need.  Instead of getting a rental or Couture/ Hertl (which would cripple our salary cap and deplete our futures), I'd be open to seeing Shak get ice time, for the future.  Of course they wouldn't strip their roster bare again, but just saying the only moves I would be willing to make.

Fabian Zetterlund? Not sure what the price would be? I imagine they would want to keep him. But he's probably the only guy other than Burr I would want on the sharks. 

40 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Fabian Zetterlund? Not sure what the price would be? I imagine they would want to keep him. But he's probably the only guy other than Burr I would want on the sharks. 

I agree, they wouldn't want to trade him as their early 2nd round draft pedigree acquisition who can probably become an Owen Tippett one day.
Problem is who else do they have that we would want?  Couture/ Hertl handcuff our cap space and futures, Vlasic is a non-starter, doubt they trade Eklund (and we don't need smaller guys) and Labanc/ Duclair/ Kunin/ Hoffman/ Zadina/ Bailey/ Burroughs/ Kahkonen/ Kunin don't do anything for us (sure, someone like Barabanov could be a two-way middle-6 wing but everyone else is either washed or just terrible).  Zetterlund has that play-driving ability that I think playoff teams look for, and Shak would be a great top-4 LD for years to come, and I don't see our team as in the position to just be shortsighted and build for the present run.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:35 AM, Rypien-Punch said:

To Sharks - Aatu Raty, 2024 7th

To Vancouver - Nico Sturm 

Sturm 28 -6'3 210 pounds. He gives us size, experience and face off wins. He can be moved up and down the line up and gives the coach a bunch more options.  He will stand up for teamates even if he doesnt win the fight.  Aman can be called upon during injuries. Sturm only costs 2m on the cap for another 2 years. 

Raty is not ready yet but will be probably next year and the Sharks will like that about him. Canucks make another serious move to bolster their forward group

Pettersson Lindholm Mikheyev

Suter Miller Boeser 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Sturm Lafferty 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Myers

Zedorov Juulsen 

Demko

Desmith

Off the top of my head, this trade just seems like an unnecessary way of pissing away a decent prospect in Raty.

Hard pass.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Off the top of my head, this trade just seems like an unnecessary way of pissing away a decent prospect in Raty.

Hard pass.

Since Ratys been moved to the wing he's been pretty good by that same token if mgmt have decided he's not an NHL C does that make him more movable? I'm not so sure about Sturm as the target but I could see one or both of Raty, Podkolzin in play 

• Cheers 1