RIP Ryp - team dog passes away

I don’t even understand how a team has a dog. Who takes it out to poop every morning? The janitor? Maybe that’s why it died so young, if nobody actually looks after it. The whole team is off during the all star break. Who was looking after the frigging dog??

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very sad. Alf loves furry dogs. Dogs (furry animals) are so much better than people. Tbh people suck socks. Dogs always win over people. Sorry for your loss. 
“Better to have loved and lost thsn to have never loved”. 

Animals are better than people, I must agree. Hell, the 1st day we had our dog home, she stole my sock. She's 6 now, and every once in awhile she still steals one of my socks. I both love it and hate it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very sad. Alf loves furry dogs. Dogs (furry animals) are so much better than people. Tbh people suck socks. Dogs always win over people. Sorry for your loss. 
“Better to have loved and lost thsn to have never loved”. 

I thought it was cats that Alf liked..... 😁

Bad joke. 

Losing a pet is awful.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Animals are better than people, I must agree. Hell, the 1st day we had our dog home, she stole my sock. She's 6 now, and every once in awhile she still steals one of my socks. I both love it and hate it.

So true. Alf’s been very lonely in his saddle since his horse died. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Lets cherish Ryp's spirit so he continues to inspire us, just as Rick Rypien's legacy lives on through the love and support of this incredible community. My thoughts and condolences go out to the Vancouver Canucks organization, Ryp's caregivers, and everyone who knew and loved him. May your hearts find solace in the cherished memories and the enduring love that Ryp leaves behind.

My deepest condolences,

MidKnight Ego aka Petey-Boi

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 hours ago, Slegr said:

I don’t even understand how a team has a dog. Who takes it out to poop every morning? The janitor? Maybe that’s why it died so young, if nobody actually looks after it. The whole team is off during the all star break. Who was looking after the frigging dog??

Obviously the dog didn't stay at the arena. It would have had a home with a staff member in all likelihood and 'team dog' would have been a title. I think someone mentioend it may have been training to be a guide dog? Either way, this comment is ridiculous on many levels

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Obviously the dog didn't stay at the arena. It would have had a home with a staff member in all likelihood and 'team dog' would have been a title. I think someone mentioend it may have been training to be a guide dog? Either way, this comment is ridiculous on many levels

Honestly, I've never heard of the Canucks team dog. I'm a dog lover myself, but when I come to an NHL message board, in the Canucks talk section, it's more about the hockey for me. I understand now that the Canucks sponsored some dog, and in doing so, it is the 'team dog.' And now it passed away. The Canucks also have a foundation, Canucks for Kids Fund, which supports charities to help children's health and wellness. I love humans too, but wouldn't really want to see postings of the children who pass away just because Canucks sponsored them in some way too. I get it that people love dogs, but to me, there should be some separation between dogs and professional hockey teams. Canucks have gone a bit too dog crazy in recent years, allowing them into suites for games, putting them on the annual Canucks calendar rather than players (which ultimately killed sales and stopped the publication of the calendar), and now the whole 'team dog' thing. It's just a bit too odd for me.  Call me cold hearted I guess, but on this forum, I'm more interested in news about the Canucks and their goal of winning a cup, and not so much about the team pets.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Honestly, I've never heard of the Canucks team dog. I'm a dog lover myself, but when I come to an NHL message board, in the Canucks talk section, it's more about the hockey for me. I understand now that the Canucks sponsored some dog, and in doing so, it is the 'team dog.' And now it passed away. The Canucks also have a foundation, Canucks for Kids Fund, which supports charities to help children's health and wellness. I love humans too, but wouldn't really want to see postings of the children who pass away just because Canucks sponsored them in some way too. I get it that people love dogs, but to me, there should be some separation between dogs and professional hockey teams. Canucks have gone a bit too dog crazy in recent years, allowing them into suites for games, putting them on the annual Canucks calendar rather than players (which ultimately killed sales and stopped the publication of the calendar), and now the whole 'team dog' thing. It's just a bit too odd for me.  Call me cold hearted I guess, but on this forum, I'm more interested in news about the Canucks and their goal of winning a cup, and not so much about the team pets.

All that is fine, to each their own, but to suggest that the dog died young because it was living in the arena and not being cared for was just plain stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2