RIP Ryp - team dog passes away

54 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So that great people like you find those dogs. And give them all the love and support they deserve. But, you are right it's bad enough you see owners treating their pets like crap. But to just abandon them is just cowardice. It doesn't take much to ask for someone to give a pet a new home. But if humans weren't so messed up, we wouldn't need groups like the SPCA.

I'm still not understanding Slegr's attitude. Ryp was to support Guide Dogs. Guide Dog's, much like Police Dogs require training. And help give blind people additional mobility, and confidence in day to day activities. If it was sponsored by a pet company. Who care's? Everyone wins, the pet company gets good publicity, the Canucks show they are doing their part in the community. And if it helps raise funds for guide dogs so much the better.

If it's a topic you aren't interested in. Maybe as Deb says. Just don't respond to it. I've seen some doozy proposals that I thought were completely stupid.

And instead of saying so and "chiming in". I just stayed away from that thread.

Funny you brought up police dogs needing training. It reminded me of when we went to pick up Roxy. They had the parents there, and her father at one point was sent for training to be a police dog, but was sent back. When we asked why, we were told he "wasn't aggressive enough". That's all we needed to know about temperament .

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

All this thread has done, other than tell some stories, is hug my dog a little tighter. And speaking of stories, since day one, Roxy has loved kissing my nose. She does it to this day.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

On 2/2/2024 at 8:53 PM, Slegr said:

I don’t even understand how a team has a dog. Who takes it out to poop every morning? The janitor? Maybe that’s why it died so young, if nobody actually looks after it. The whole team is off during the all star break. Who was looking after the frigging dog??

Luongo should.  He can at least do something to earn his cap hit.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I will say that is a super cute dog. RIP little guy. 

On another note, in the pic further above the page of Kuzmenko hugging him - I don’t know if I’ve seen a dog look more uncomfortable from a hug. Yet it’s hard to even notice with Kuz’s crazy grin going on.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:54 AM, -dlc- said:

Thing is, the Guide Dogs is a very worthy recipient of the attention and awareness that Ryp helped generate through the team. So it's a two way street here. My friend is very involved with the BC Guide Dogs program and any light shone on it is a good thing. So it's a bit of a jaded take to only associate this with a corporate agenda of no value outside of that.

FTR, I've had the pleasure of having (at least in part...my ex's dog) a prospective guide dog. Even though it didn't work out, he was an incredible friend. "Chuck"

10392136_143839570548_5973360_n.jpg?_nc_

guide dogs are little saints. I knew one that was smart enough to open and close a clients front door for her. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

guide dogs are little saints. I knew one that was smart enough to open and close a clients front door for her. 

They really are. Can't agree more. My dog, who has never been trained to be a therapy dog, or anything like that. Acted like one for my mom, my stepdad and myself after my grandma passed away. She even woke my mom up 20 minutes before we got the call from the hospital that my grandma wasn't doing well, and going downhill fast. Don't know how Roxy knew, but she did.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

What was the cause of death ?

With the history of sports teams and how their mascots are treated my worry if there was some negligente in taking care of the dog 

Theres nothing gross in the video. Just a history of sports mascots and terrible side of it.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

With the history of sports teams and how their mascots are treated my worry if there was some negligente in taking care of the dog 

Theres nothing gross in the video. Just a history of sports mascots and terrible side of it.

You know not everything in life is one big conspiracy right?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Ryp had a mass in his stomach and died from the operation.

• Sad 5
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You know not everything in life is one big conspiracy right?

Well the dog was 2 years old and sports teams have a documented history of not exactly treating animals the best.

It's an honest question