You're GM -do you make any more "Signficant Moves" before the deadline?

You're the GM - Do you make any more "Significant" trades before the Dealine?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. To Trade or Not to Trade

• Yes
    • No
    • Minor Trades only that don't affect our key prospects / Only Picks and B or C prospects

Not sure how this would work under the cap but if they could add Vatrano or Guentzel we would be so deep at forward

Suter Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Pettersson Vatrano/Guentzel

Hoglander Lindholm Lafferty

Joshua Blueger Garland

4 dangerous lines.

We could keep everyone so fresh for overtime if needed.

There isn't a team that deep at forward in the modern cap Era 

Dreaming though, I know

Edited by Breadnbutta

Apparently, there's word out there on Kessel potentially.

Seems crazy but apparently he doesn't even care if he's scratched. I feel weird for saying this but if it's just for a basic contract, that's not a bad addition.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Apparently, there's word out there on Kessel potentially.

Seems crazy but apparently he doesn't even care if he's scratched. I feel weird for saying this but if it's just for a basic contract, that's not a bad addition.

650 was chatting about how Tocchet and Kessel have been in touch all season 

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

650 was chatting about how Tocchet and Kessel have been in touch all season 

Yeah, so maybe that does end up being a thing then. I wouldn't actually say no to it. He's won 2 cups after all and getting vets before a run is a very legitimate tactic.

Edited by The Lock

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, so maybe that does end up being a thing then. I wouldn't actually say no to it. He's won 2 cups after all and getting vets before a run is a very legitimate tactic.

Maybe but I don’t see what he adds er need more grit and wouldn’t he be a liability 5 v 5

5 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Maybe but I don’t see what he adds er need more grit and wouldn’t he be a liability 5 v 5

He'd probably be more a depth piece than anything. If someone in the top or mid 6 goes down with injury sort of thing.

To me I look at the team and really think if we are go all in we need another too 6 guy that plays hard and hits.

I just don't think Suter is the guy.

But another LW as the C and RW look good.I just ain't sure who fits that yet but Higs or Suter might be it but I would love to see that upgraded.

Our D looks good so another RHD I ain't to sure about unless we can get two players from a team.

Assuming they don't have much cash:

- An improved 4C who has a > 50% FO% (puck possession in the playoffs is huge).  Bonus points for some truculence and speed.

- An additional solid bottom line guy with Hoglander moving up to the top 6

Assuming they can make a trade work while keeping within the cap:

- RHD who can play PK well (Tanev)

While another top 6 player would be ideal, realistically I don't see this happening with the cap.....if not for this year, for not messing next year up.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Assuming they don't have much cash:

- An improved 4C who has a > 50% FO% (puck possession in the playoffs is huge).  Bonus points for some truculence and speed.

- An additional solid bottom line guy with Hoglander moving up to the top 6

Assuming they can make a trade work while keeping within the cap:

- RHD who can play PK well (Tanev)

While another top 6 player would be ideal, realistically I don't see this happening with the cap.....if not for this year, for not messing next year up.

This where Vatrano comes in. At just 3.95m this and next, he'd be a huge addition to this team. I know it will cost a decent amount but it would be worth it. 

Then on defense I'd love to see Tanev but the return is probably too high if it's him and Vatrano. A couple cheaper options I'd like to see are Edmundson or Scandella. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Petey - Lindholm - Mikheyev (matchup #1 line) => if Mikheyev finds his fit in the roster, then great!  If not, we need the 3rd man on this Swede line
Suter/ Hoglander - Miller - Boeser (1B line) => LW is the question mark
Joshua - Blueger - Garland 
Hoglander/ Aman - Aman/ Suter - Lafferty

The rest of the lineup looks pretty good on D and in G, so if there was some speedy, hungry young gun that the team could steal without giving much I'd like that for the top-6, say to displace Suter, but otherwise I think we're good.  If there was a one-dimensional scorer that we could bring in like a Robbi Fabbri who just sports a ridiculous shooting % as a depth guy, then I'd entertain that too (but maybe not Fabbri since he rarely stays healthy).

Edited by Phil_314
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 1:15 PM, Dom said:

I don't understand why people want to trade Mikheyev. Sure, his contract is bad and offensively he is underperforming, but he is elite defensively. Defense wins championships. 

I’m a big mik fan and looking forward to seeing this line click 

mik petey lindholm 

its gonna be great

• Like 1

we have been patiently waiting for a track to explode on. Well this is our year. Lets make this team the best we can 

Chris Tanev for Myers, Podkolzin, 2025 3rd 

Claud Giroux 50% retained and a 2023 2nd for Lekkerimakki 

Pettersson Lindholm Giroux 

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Tanev

Zedorov Juulsen 

Soucy Friedman

10 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

we have been patiently waiting for a track to explode on. Well this is our year. Lets make this team the best we can 

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Tanev

Zedorov Juulsen 

Soucy Friedman

if you think Tanev is an upgrade on Myers you have not been watching hockey since 2019, or a Calgary fan. Podz? Letterkenny? no fucking chance

1 hour ago, Tofu_Bud said:

At this point I think you go w the horses that got you this far 

BUT

I’d be on w a Myers/C.Tanev swap

or

a B.Tanev trade

I think the Seattle Tanev is a better target than our old guy. We have shot blockers. We have bigger Defence than we have had since 94.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Claude Giroux 

50% retained.

For two seconds and Raty.

IMG_6261.png

Thats why they call it "Fantasy" hockey. If you can make it real by explaining how to get the 3.25 million in cap space you can post again.

6 hours ago, zduck14 said:

This where Vatrano comes in. At just 3.95m this and next, he'd be a huge addition to this team. I know it will cost a decent amount but it would be worth it. 

Then on defense I'd love to see Tanev but the return is probably too high if it's him and Vatrano. A couple cheaper options I'd like to see are Edmundson or Scandella. 

10 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

As GM, I would try and acquire Frank ‘the tank’ Vatrano and Brandon Tanev.

This. Not Chris Tanev, take the other one. We have some cap heavy forwards that need to go back though.

49 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think the Seattle Tanev is a better target than our old guy. We have shot blockers. We have bigger Defence than we have had since 94.

SEA Tanev could really compliment some of these players.  Him and Bleugar could be a really good PK line.  Ex PIT so lets go.

Chaos Giraffe is big. I do like that the backend finally has some grit.  I just dont doubt the chaos.  Tanman is so solid.  He would level up any pairing other than Hughes/Hronek

It’s time to simply give some of our guys in Abby a chance to come up; cost us nothing.

Podz seems to be back on track; bring him up for 5 games.

Bains just won MVP at AHL all star game; bring him up for 5 games. 

And rotate some D up too in Soucys absence. Worst case you have a better idea if we have multiple injuries to D in Playoffs.

Edited by BC_Hawk

4 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Tanev

Zedorov Juulsen 

Soucy Friedman

JL alone for Giroux is a no go in my opinion. Our grade A prospect, who would be equivalent to a top 10 pick, overall is too much for a 36 year old who has never won anything.  I love Giroux and would want him, but not at that price. 

The only 36 year old whom I would throw most of our futures for would be Crosby. 

• Cheers 1