[SIGNING] PENGUINS ADD PULJUJARVI

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well to me it's easy call.

You trade one if they don't win a cup this year.

I mean seriously how many years will it take the owners to see the team just can't make it???

They get a good two way winger,a goalie,prospects and whatever picks.

Then cap room to fix the D.

Imagine the return if the Oilers trade one of them............. Lindholm got 5 pieces and he could still be just a rental.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Draisaitl has already been quoted as saying that he wants his bag on his next contract. So you are looking at $15 million per most likely. And then McDavid will want even more than him. So I highly doubt that Edmonton will be able to afford both of them. 

And that's it.

So far they have the two,a couple good players with them rest are like 4th line fillers at best.

Can't win a cup with that.

Best thing would be a big trade and the Rangers are always looking for that one big name,same with other teams so will be an easy sell.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Sedins are all class. McBaby and Draisaitl are the biggest whiners in the NHL. They can’t even do a proper interview with the media without whining and attitude, so how exactly do you expect them to teach younger players about professionalism and everything else that goes with winning?  

Never once heard JP had an issue with professionalism,  rather the Coil botched his development and he's got no confidence and can't use his skill-set at the NHL level because of it. 

But if that's in fact what the issue is then yeah, Sid is one of the most professional athletes in pro sports from what I've read/seen.

Edited by Fanuck

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

This

McDavid is extremely talented... Gretzky/Lemiuex tier

But he is not a leader... at least not yet. Edmonton could really benefit by bringing in some character guys in the room with a voice... but the problem is IMO is that McDavids voice is too loud now I'm not sure how effective anyone would be in coming into that room and setting the tone.

Draisaitl and McDavid don't seem like easy guys to talk too out there.

It wouldn't happen but I can see a trade between Oilers and Penguins that could held both teams out

Oilers get Crosby to lead/teach/help McD know what it takes to win the big prize

Pens get Drais  and a younger star

They can decide whatever other components to add

On 2/4/2024 at 1:48 PM, Dom said:

Like I said, I guess we'll see. I just don't think it's a bad signing. 

Seems more like a "show me contract". I agree that it's not a bad signing, but it's going to be up to him to prove his worth; otherwise, this signing just ends up being "meh".

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/4/2024 at 1:46 PM, Fanuck said:

Maybe.   But he spent 6 years with McJesus and Drai and somehow didn't learn anything so.....

mcjesus and drai is not even half the team player crosby is.. they only care about their individual success or you'd see them play more defence

On 2/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, Miss Korea said:

Jesse Puljujärvi is actually a pretty effective bottom six player who would've definitely been signed in the summer had he not gotten double hip surgery.  He has a very high work ethic along with the hockey IQ.  The only thing he really, really lacks.... is hands.  He can't seem to dish assists or score goals to save himself, although he's done well in Wilkes-Barre.

Any comparisons to Virtanen are unfounded.  Puljujärvi works hard and makes his teammates better.  But right now Pittsburgh needs goals and I'm not sure he provides that.

Also, he looks lean and fit in the photo provided; no more sloppy 'baby fat'.

It's a pretty low risk gamble really for a big talented guy who may finally be ready to put it together.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:56 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Crosby won 3 cups. McDavid won the All-Star game shinny contest. Big difference. 

Golden EP!  Well done.  LMFAO!!

petterson-spray.gif

Doesn't Petey know that you get less and less output each time you Shake It Up Baby Now!

(Love the candy cigar-pipe..)

• Cheers 1

On 2/4/2024 at 3:45 PM, cripplereh said:

Well to me it's easy call.

You trade one if they don't win a cup this year.

I mean seriously how many years will it take the owners to see the team just can't make it???

They get a good two way winger,a goalie,prospects and whatever picks.

Then cap room to fix the D.

They trade McFuckwad and the whole team folds, moves to the Excited States of Murica.

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Also, he looks lean and fit in the photo provided; no more sloppy 'baby fat'.

It's a pretty low risk gamble really for a big talented guy who may finally be ready to put it together.

At worst, he's a defensive winger who can use his speed and size to draw some penalties, putting the Pens on their legendary power play.  At best, he can move up the lineup and help make a positive impact, whether he scores or not.  He makes other players better and that's a crucial asset to have.

On 2/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, Miss Korea said:

.  He has a very high work ethic along with the hockey IQ

That should be low hockey IQ. JP is lacking in hockey IQ which causes him to chase play and is out of position a lot. Low hockey IQ is really his biggest issue. 

49 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That should be low hockey IQ. JP is lacking in hockey IQ which causes him to chase play and is out of position a lot. Low hockey IQ is really his biggest issue. 

No.  You have it backwards.  The stats and metrics strongly suggest he has a high IQ but just no hands to succeed.  His positioning has always been praised but his ability to pass and shoot are awful.

image.thumb.png.00ee2dd8b469c1dfa9d3c893d97409d5.png

15 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

No.  You have it backwards.  The stats and metrics strongly suggest he has a high IQ but just no hands to succeed.  His positioning has always been praised but his ability to pass and shoot are awful.

image.thumb.png.00ee2dd8b469c1dfa9d3c893d97409d5.png

No. PoolParty has all the physical attributes. But he's a dim hockey player. Very easy too see really. Edit, his hands are suspect for sure., agreed.

Edited by Rekker

18 minutes ago, Rekker said:

No. PoolParty has all the physical attributes. But he's a dim hockey player. Very easy too see really. Edit, his hands are suspect for sure., agreed.

I mean, you don't really have any stats or metrics to prove it.  Even sports articles go against what you're saying.