[SIGNING] PENGUINS ADD PULJUJARVI

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean, you don't really have any stats or metrics to prove it.  Even sports articles go against what you're saying.

Well stats only show so much.

Playing and watching shows about the same.Put them together for a full picture.

Example Kuz when we had him he was great with the puck and took time off the clock,but couldn't back check and held the puck to long at times.

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean, you don't really have any stats or metrics to prove it.  Even sports articles go against what you're saying.

Stats only tell so much and I can find a sports article to defend any point of view. I've played, coached, watched enough games to see that JP doesn't process the game well at speed. He isn't trash, just low hockey IQ.

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Well stats only show so much.

Playing and watching shows about the same.Put them together for a full picture.

Example Kuz when we had him he was great with the puck and took time off the clock,but couldn't back check and held the puck to long at times.

The statistics absolutely can show how much Kuzmenko struggled this year.  His finishing dropped, his possession dropped, and NHL Edge shows he's one of the slowest skaters in the entire league.  The topic I posted in Canucks Talk makes it very clear why Kuzy didn't work well with Tocchet.

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Stats only tell so much and I can find a sports article to defend any point of view. I've played, coached, watched enough games to see that JP doesn't process the game well at speed. He isn't trash, just low hockey IQ.

So we just to have to trust your body of work and take your word for statements like this?  He forechecks well.  He uses his body to put pressure on defenders and wins puck battles more often than not.  He gets the puck in deep and bring his big butt to the net.  The only thing he can't do (and drove Oilers fans nuts) is make actual offensive plays with the puck.  He can't seem to make good passes or shots.  We have someone with a similar playstyle - Ilya Mikheyev.  Our guy uses size and speed to play a simple, north-south two way game to generate tons of offence, but finishes much less than expected.  Whether a guy that just had double hip surgery is willing to keep playing that hard-nosed game?  Tike will tell.

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The statistics absolutely can show how much Kuzmenko struggled this year.  His finishing dropped, his possession dropped, and NHL Edge shows he's one of the slowest skaters in the entire league.  The topic I posted in Canucks Talk makes it very clear why Kuzy didn't work well with Tocchet.

So we just to have to trust your body of work and take your word for statements like this?  He forechecks well.  He uses his body to put pressure on defenders and wins puck battles more often than not.  He gets the puck in deep and bring his big butt to the net.  The only thing he can't do (and drove Oilers fans nuts) is make actual offensive plays with the puck.  He can't seem to make good passes or shots.  We have someone with a similar playstyle - Ilya Mikheyev.  Our guy uses size and speed to play a simple, north-south two way game to generate tons of offence, but finishes much less than expected.  Whether a guy that just had double hip surgery is willing to keep playing that hard-nosed game?  Tike will tell.

Most topics I just state something about both watching games and stats don't always show the same thing with an example,yet you talk about my life example when that wasn't the main topic. LOL

Sometimes replying to the topic works.Sometimes just reading and understanding helps.

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Most topics I just state something about both watching games and stats don't always show the same thing with an example,yet you talk about my life example when that wasn't the main topic. LOL

Sometimes replying to the topic works.Sometimes just reading and understanding helps.

What?  That bottom comment is not directed toward you.  Reading and understanding.

35 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Do you actually watch the games or just analyze them on your laptop while looking up stats? Lol. That's a lot of typing in this thread while the Canucks are playing their first period of hockey in a week. Lol. 

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Yes but you went off about your write up about Kuz which was only an example and wasn't about him.

Alright, well you brought up Kuzmenko as an example and I responded by saying there are statistics and metrics that accurately reflect his drop in performance this year.  In that same vein, I think the numbers show that Puljujärvi has sound fundamentals but just no ability with his hands.  Now, he definitely showed some offensive promise in Wilkes-Barre so maybe he'll turn it around and make an impact on the Pens' bottom six.  Either way, i think he's a good player but just no skill.

I don't understand what you're getting at me for here.

5 hours ago, Rekker said:

Do you actually watch the games or just analyze them on your laptop while looking up stats? Lol. That's a lot of typing in this thread while the Canucks are playing their first period of hockey in a week. Lol. 

Damn right I looked him up on the weekend.  I read up on how he was doing in the AHL and watched a few clips of his overall play with Edmonton and Carolina.  Then I read up on what Dubas and Sullivan think he can accomplish in Pittsburgh.  What did you read up on?  Why are you trying to mock someone on a hockey forum for how he follows hockey?

52 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Alright, well you brought up Kuzmenko as an example and I responded by saying there are statistics and metrics that accurately reflect his drop in performance this year.  In that same vein, I think the numbers show that Puljujärvi has sound fundamentals but just no ability with his hands.  Now, he definitely showed some offensive promise in Wilkes-Barre so maybe he'll turn it around and make an impact on the Pens' bottom six.  Either way, i think he's a good player but just no skill.

I don't understand what you're getting at me for here.

Damn right I looked him up on the weekend.  I read up on how he was doing in the AHL and watched a few clips of his overall play with Edmonton and Carolina.  Then I read up on what Dubas and Sullivan think he can accomplish in Pittsburgh.  What did you read up on?  Why are you trying to mock someone on a hockey forum for how he follows hockey?

I added my opinion about watching games and stats with an example.Instead of agreeing as yes stats have a place in the game but it isn't the be all end of of how a player plays if you watch games.You went off on things you already stated.That's cool but not needed.It's like you have to validate yourself with another huge post.So I see where Rekker is coming from.Either agree or disagree and leave it.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I added my opinion about watching games and stats with an example.Instead of agreeing as yes stats have a place in the game but it isn't the be all end of of how a player plays if you watch games.You went off on things you already stated.That's cool but not needed.It's like you have to validate yourself with another huge post.So I see where Rekker is coming from.Either agree or disagree and leave it.

I responded to you in an effort to affirm what you were saying about Kuzmenko.  And for some reason you took that the wrong way.  I know there is more to this game than analytics, and I tried to highlight that in this post about the different deployment tactics and how the players buy into the various defensive/offensive systems brought on by the coaches.

I'm reading my first response to you again and I really don't understand why you took that as some kind of negative response.