[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

On 2/5/2024 at 10:39 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm hoping that tapping is not to get the players attention because they are rusty?

It very well could be - and if it is, so be it - but likely a signal to switch up drills or bring everyone together. 

Style is great, Looking your best. All the swagger in the world, but at the end of the season and coinciding playoffs, the only thing I want to see;

Is a bunch of half drunk dudes lying on the ice / some are standing / sort of crying sort of laughing, some showing all the dental works they need.

Holding that dented old shiny multi staged cup the call Stanley.. fuck yah.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The up side is, they knew full well it was coming, and have done their share of scouting, even at the All star festivities ..

That is almost 1,100 less km if they used Carolina, Washington, Boston, Detroit and Chicago in that order.  That is crazy!  Just one equivalent trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg is 1,100 km using that non-sense poor planned schedule by the NHL schedule maker.  Do they really want to kill Vancouver?

47 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This makes no sense but I'm laughing!

Well, I now have to go out and buy beer, feed myself and on the off chance we lose I might just have to pass on sympathy sex.

Go 'Nucks.

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

an interesting note: in each recent video the team has posted that's similar to this, petey has been carrying a to-go container of food, but appears to be the only one. 

5 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland might be good but they’re not Higgins-Malhotra-Torres good in my opinion.

I think your nostalgia is clouding your judgment. 

Our 3rd line is a Corsi powerhouse and generates a lot of offense.

I would take the Bleuger line over Malhotra line any day. 

If they matched up, best Malhotra line can do is not get scored on and play good defense. They would get outscored though 

Edited by CanucksJay

5 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

You forgot honey Badger.

We aren't their yet. 2011 is still better.

I'd say this team is better coached though and collectively is tougher.

I can't see these guys getting pushed around the way we did in 2011 finals

And this team has Hughes.

So it's very close but right now I'd give the edge to 2011 but marginally.

I may change my mind in a few months.

Oh right Hansen... 

What I like about this team is that we can beat you any way. 

Wanna goon it up? 

We have more than enough big physical guys. 

Wanna skill it? We can too

We're so multi dimensional it's going to be tough for a lot of teams. 

My dream is that Podz goes on a meteroic trajectory into the playoffs and gets injected into the line up to give us even more energy in the playoffs. Guys gotta keep up this recent trend though to the end of the reg season. 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think your nostalgia is clouding your judgment. 

Our 3rd line is a Corsi powerhouse and generates a lot of offense.

I would take the Bleuger line over Malhotra line any day

Agreed.  Even corsi and analytics aside, the Malhotra 3rd line each had about 30 points for the season.

This year's 3rd line unit is on pace for 40+ points each this season... about 25 to 30% more productive on the scoresheet while unbelievably dominant in the analytics department as well.

• Cheers 1

today is going to be a good day... and the canucks are going to win, 4-2 Boeser with the game winner... i think they are right with the money line under 6 goals...

Lindholm

Hughes

Boeser

Miller

PP with 2 goals and miller with the empty netter

Miller and hughes with 3 points each

lindholm and petey with 2 points

19 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

That is almost 1,100 less km if they used Carolina, Washington, Boston, Detroit and Chicago in that order.  That is crazy!  Just one equivalent trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg is 1,100 km using that non-sense poor planned schedule by the NHL schedule maker.  Do they really want to kill Vancouver?

Isn't that about 2 hours or less by plane?