[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Agreed.  Even corsi and analytics aside, the Malhotra 3rd line each had about 30 points for the season.

This year's 3rd line unit is on pace for 40+ points each this season... about 25 to 30% more productive on the scoresheet while unbelievably dominant in the analytics department as well.

Yup I just edited my post but yeah, basically if they matched up, Malhotra line's best attribute would be to win the draw and play good defense with Torres making a hard hit on forecheck every now and then. Most of the play would be on the defensive zone with Joshua and Garland cycling the puck and coming out with it to create scoring chances. 

They would outscore the Malhotra line for sure

• chaos 1

A few years ago I went to a game at Rogers Arena against the Canes and they blew us out 5-0. I'm going to consider this a revenge game.

• Cheers 3

35 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

still long ways to go.  But agree this is a window that deserves a shot at going for a deep run. 

I love Biz trolling the Twitter losers by pumping Aquilini’s tires.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if those idiots think their bitching and complaining the last 10 years is responsible for success than the guy who owns the team.  Aqua should tell them to go soak their heads and go back to cheering for the Kraken.

29 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, I now have to go out and buy beer, feed myself and on the off chance we lose I might just have to pass on sympathy sex.

Go 'Nucks.

Well that sounds pretty rough, I'm gonna be honest. I'll be pulling for you to keep yourself alive and hydrated until your wife gets back.

Go 'Nucks!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m so pumped to see these guys on the ice again!  All-Star week (or whatever) just felt way too long.  
Getting Lindholm was like opening a Christmas present (as a kid) that you can’t use until the weather gets warm.  You’re excited about it but have the wait is rough.

6 minutes ago, 112 said:

A few years ago I went to a game at Rogers Arena against the Canes and they blew us out 5-0. I'm going to consider this a revenge game.

When was this? Because the Canes had only won twice in Rogers Arena since 2000.

As far as I know, the games we lost were 3-2 last season and 5-2 in January 2019. They have not had a shut-out against us on home ice. And in the 5-2 loss, the Canucks led 2-1 at one point before everything falls apart. So you might be thinking of a different team.

27 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think your nostalgia is clouding your judgment. 

Our 3rd line is a Corsi powerhouse and generates a lot of offense.

I would take the Bleuger line over Malhotra line any day. 

If they matched up, best Malhotra line can do is not get scored on and play good defense. They would get outscored though 

The purpose of the third line is first defensive/checking and then scoring. In a match up game Malhotra/Higgins took a lot of hard match ups freeing up the top 2 lines. Bluegar line does well because they out match other teams bottom 6. Where as Malhotra/Higgins usually played against other teas top lines hence the lack in offensive production. Both are good lines but both had/have different purposes.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just a caution Deb, a certain poster on here was complaining about JT's beard.

Oh dear. I'm gonna have to straighten them out!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1