[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Game Day Poll

Canucks & Flames are both playing pretty good defensive teams tonight. 

Poll question:  Who has a better debut (points wise) for their new team? 

1.) Lindholm 

2.) Kuzmenko 

3.) They both get the same amount. 

Because Calgary sucks and Kuzmenko will have free reign to do his thing I have a feeling he’s going to do better in Calgary than he did here.

7 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Game Day Poll

Canucks & Flames are both playing pretty good defensive teams tonight. 

Poll question:  Who has a better debut (points wise) for their new team? 

1.) Lindholm 

2.) Kuzmenko 

3.) They both get the same amount. 

Don't care how they start. I care how they end the season and into the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Because Calgary sucks and Kuzmenko will have free reign to do his thing I have a feeling he’s going to do better in Calgary than he did here.

And even if he gets 30 goals to end the season. He wasn't scoring here, and wasn't backchecking. So it's a moo point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

With the addition of Lindholm, I legit think this team is better than 2011

Miller + Petey is > Sedins 

Lindholm = Kesler 

Boeser > Burrows 

Mik > Samuelsson 

Garland Bleuger Joshua  > Higgins Malhotra Torres

Suter Aman Hogz > glass oreskovich and whoever else played... 

Hughes > ehrhoff (by a wide margin) 

Hronek = Hamhuis

Soucy Cole < Edler Salo 

Z and Myers <= Juice Rome 

Our defense isn't as deep but we have a legit Norris front runner supported by a much larger defense unit which is built for the playoffs. 

I would rather roll with Soucy Cole Myers and Z than Edler, Salo, Juice and Rome. 

Rome is like our Juulsen and would be 7D on this team. 

I love juice and he's made for the playoffs but he also makes ill timed pinches and some bone headed decisions. (let's not let his amazing character overlook objectivity) 

Salo is a solid player but is made of Glass. 

Edler was solid. 

I like this teams ruggedness and size and think it'll bode well for the playoffs. 

Demmer = Schneider or Lu 

This team is built for a cup run. 

If we can get a legit 3D, we'd be instant favorites. 

You forgot honey Badger.

We aren't their yet. 2011 is still better.

I'd say this team is better coached though and collectively is tougher.

I can't see these guys getting pushed around the way we did in 2011 finals

And this team has Hughes.

So it's very close but right now I'd give the edge to 2011 but marginally.

I may change my mind in a few months.

• chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Don't care how they start. I care how they end the season and into the playoffs.

Agreed, However, we won't know that until the end of the season and only 1 of them is likely to play going into the playoffs. LOL

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

A fresh start with a new team might do wonders for him and his confidence 

18 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think its the better taxes he's happy about. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

You forgot honey Badger.

But we do have a 4th line that scores... That I think will make up for any failings of the 3rd line... Would love to have a Torres type forechecking though.

9 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

That was probably the riskiest trade JR/PA have made. 

Could very well turn out that Kuz's game comes around again in Calgary, and he becomes a 30+ goal scorer for them for years.  With his attitude, I am almost positive this will happen. Meanwhile, we give up a first and a good prospect and we can't keep Lindholm on the payroll for next season.  Which seems to be acceptable for JR. 

I understand we should go all in, take on some risk to do that, but jeez.  I've always hated the pure "rental" concept, especially of high priced UFAs .  Of all the teams that go that route, only one wins the Cup. The others are left with a loss in assets.  Less assets to find the actual cheaper replacement for that position when they leave.  A Perry type of rental is okay, but a high roller like Lindholm, for a few months of work? Yikes.

Not that I won't have fun watching him play here. And if we win it all, I'll look back at this post and say "stupid kilgore, of course it was worth it"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Could very well turn out that Kuz's game comes around again in Calgary, and he becomes a 30+ goal scorer for them for years.  With his attitude, I am almost positive this will happen. Meanwhile, we give up a first and a good prospect and we can't keep Lindholm on the payroll for next season.  Which seems to be acceptable for JR. 

I understand we should go all in, take on some risk to do that, but jeez.  I've always hated the pure "rental" concept, especially of high priced UFAs .  Of all the teams that go that route, only one wins the Cup. The others are left with a loss in assets.  Less assets to find the actual cheaper replacement for that position when they leave.  A Perry type of rental is okay, but a high roller like Lindholm, for a few months of work? Yikes.

Not that I won't have fun watching him play here. And if we win it all, I'll look back at this post and say "stupid kilgore, of course it was worth it"

There's certainly a chance Kuzmenko turns it around with the Flames but I just don't see enough pure playmakers on their roster to enable Kuzmenko to really turn it around. I would have considered Huberdeau a pure playmaker before, but he has been terrible in his time with Calgary so far. Maybe Kuzmenko and Huberdeau find chemistry together, but if Huberdeau couldn't work with Lindholm, then I wouldn't bet on him suddenly turning it around with Kuzmenko.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

If we can retain Lindholm on a decent contract without losing too many other pieces I would say it’s a win. The prospects although great cannot be guaranteed to translate their play at the NHL level or unfortunately injuries and other stuff happen too. As of right now we got the best piece in the trade. I think it’s one of those scenarios where we really won’t know how well we did in the trade until 5 years have passed. If Lindholm does not sign with us then I will say the trade was a fail.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

You forgot honey Badger.

I say this team is collectively more RESILIENT not tougher.  And collectively MUCH MORE RESILIENT.  In my opinion anyway.  

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think its the better taxes he's happy about. 

You know that’s funny you mention that.

I’ve lived in BC all my life, but moved yo northern AB 3 years ago.

I actually pay more in income tax here than BC.

The home and auto insurance is more. 

There is no discount on your property tax like BC.

And in general you pay oil field jacked up prices on everything.

The only tax benefits i’ve seen so far is 1: when you buy a used vehicle you don’t get charged tax on it. And 2: you don’t pay ridiculous property transfer tax on property that you purchase.

Yes goods are taxed less here. But when everything is jacked up price wise it’s a wash imo.

Anyways thought it funny you mentioned that because i’ve been bitching and moaning about it since I moved here lol.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

You forgot honey Badger.

JR is/was part of the "old boys network".  Less of a chance of NHL HQ doing douchebag stuff against us.  Gillis was/is always 'on the outside looking in'.  

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

JR is/was part of the "old boys network".  Less of a chance of NHL HQ doing douchebag stuff against us.  Gillis was/is always 'on the outside looking in'.  

Self inflicted part of the time. He was constantly looking to push the envelope. Doesn't mean the NHL HQ was right. But he didn't do any favours trying to do end runs.

• Cheers 1