[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

With the addition of Lindholm, I legit think this team is better than 2011

Miller + Petey is > Sedins 

Lindholm = Kesler 

Boeser > Burrows 

Mik > Samuelsson 

Garland Bleuger Joshua  > Higgins Malhotra Torres

Suter Aman Hogz > glass oreskovich and whoever else played... 

Hughes > ehrhoff (by a wide margin) 

Hronek = Hamhuis

Soucy Cole < Edler Salo 

Z and Myers <= Juice Rome 

Our defense isn't as deep but we have a legit Norris front runner supported by a much larger defense unit which is built for the playoffs. 

I would rather roll with Soucy Cole Myers and Z than Edler, Salo, Juice and Rome. 

Rome is like our Juulsen and would be 7D on this team. 

I love juice and he's made for the playoffs but he also makes ill timed pinches and some bone headed decisions. (let's not let his amazing character overlook objectivity) 

Salo is a solid player but is made of Glass. 

Edler was solid. 

I like this teams ruggedness and size and think it'll bode well for the playoffs. 

Demmer = Schneider or Lu 

This team is built for a cup run. 

If we can get a legit 3D, we'd be instant favorites. 

My dream is that bubble playoffs Demko is the elevated Demko for playoff hockey.  Imagine if Demko is the type that just elevates his game when it matters most?  We've seen players like Linden do it (less than PPG in regular season to a PPG player in the playoffs). 

If bubble Demko is what we get when we play in the playoffs, then I can guarantee the Cup drought in Vancouver will be coming to an end very, very soon.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Because Calgary sucks and Kuzmenko will have free reign to do his thing I have a feeling he’s going to do better in Calgary than he did here.

Time was running out for Kuzy in Vancouver, due to the team making a run at the playoffs.  He'll

have a much better chance to develop his defensive skills.

I don't think he will find it easy to put up the offensive #s, as his linemates are

Huberdeau + Sherangovich (1st time as a C in NHL).  I do hope Kuzy plays well,

(not against the Canucks), as I really like the guy and want him to be happy.

Imo, Lindholm is a ++better player for the Canucks.  Being a C-r with great f/o %, 2-way player,

plays all fw positions, has had +++ NHL experience and is probably exuberant about joining a

team that has a healthy on and off the ice.

Peeps should forget about Lindy's stats for this year.  How uninspiring it must be in the Flames

lockeroom.  Dismal.  Looking at his prior yearly stats, while playing in Calgary, my bet is that he

averages +25gs a season on Pete's line.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he could care less what some commentor on a website thinks about his facial hair. 

oh... is he reading this? didnt know just thought it was some saucy know it alls

Just now, LionofJudah said:

Facial hair is a mans "make up" Look better with it than without it

there goes another opinion i have no chance of arguing with... it was great while it lasted... imagine being the 8th person piling on

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, kilgore said:

That was probably the riskiest trade JR/PA have made. 

Could very well turn out that Kuz's game comes around again in Calgary, and he becomes a 30+ goal scorer for them for years.  With his attitude, I am almost positive this will happen. Meanwhile, we give up a first and a good prospect and we can't keep Lindholm on the payroll for next season.  Which seems to be acceptable for JR. 

I understand we should go all in, take on some risk to do that, but jeez.  I've always hated the pure "rental" concept, especially of high priced UFAs .  Of all the teams that go that route, only one wins the Cup. The others are left with a loss in assets.  Less assets to find the actual cheaper replacement for that position when they leave.  A Perry type of rental is okay, but a high roller like Lindholm, for a few months of work? Yikes.

Not that I won't have fun watching him play here. And if we win it all, I'll look back at this post and say "stupid kilgore, of course it was worth it"

I think they'll try pretty hard to re-sign him. 

I'd rather have Lindholm and Pods than Mikheyev and Garland. We might even get a couple assets out of it.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I'm voting you to be the guy that tells him that!🤨

dude, im not afraid of jt miller...

even if he is a bad ass...

I would tell him too, like countless people have told me before in alberta... your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

I would tell him too, like countless people have told me before in alberta... your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women

You sure they weren't referring to a different beard?

21 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

If we can retain Lindholm on a decent contract without losing too many other pieces I would say it’s a win. The prospects although great cannot be guaranteed to translate their play at the NHL level or unfortunately injuries and other stuff happen too. As of right now we got the best piece in the trade. I think it’s one of those scenarios where we really won’t know how well we did in the trade until 5 years have passed. If Lindholm does not sign with us then I will say the trade was a fail.

I don't want to be a downer. This trade is a shot in the arm for the team going into the playoffs. 

But lets face it, its a gamble. But most all teams that win, take a few gambles to stock their team. So I can't blame them. Kind of pulled in two directions.

But IF we don't win the Cup....which is possible....there is a price to pay.  And is that price too high for a team in our position, with our cap crunch, OEL penalties coming, and loss of another first round pick?  JR has stated he's fine with only using Lindholm as a rental.  He didn't even pretend that its not going to be near impossible to sign him. 

I don't know, this is the first trade made by this management that I'm uneasy about working out in our favour, in the end.  Imagine what we could have picked up this summer for Brzustewicz and a first rounder? 

Maybe also because I'll be sad to watch Kuz smile and laugh on the Calgary bench, and playing against us for years to come.  Much like Tanev

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

It was a joke, man.  Lighten up.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The up side is, they knew full well it was coming, and have done their share of scouting, even at the All star festivities ..

Yep, if they did Washington before Boston that's about 1500km saved.