[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That left a long time ago! All that surplus money they were sitting on has been wasted away. 

They’ve reduced royalty taxes on big oil so much it’s a joke. They used to have money just filling the coffers here. Now it’s all been crapped away. Everything is corporatized. Even the water supply is corporately run. All my years in BC I’ve never had complaints about the town water. Several communities around the area where I live in go through boil water advisories especially during the spring.

At least with govt run municipal service they spend the money and keep things running well. 

Anyways…Go Canucks lol

Damn. Didn't know any of that.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This team we have right now is significantly better, in my opinion. It all starts with the mentality; the soft era is over. This team is built for the playoffs. The 2011 team was built to acquire powerplays and make teams suffer there, so not really the best playoff formula, as we witnessed painstakingly. 

The offensive depth on this team is better. I'd argue the top end talent this year is much better than in 2011, and far less reliant on powerplays. They also have a much stronger 200 ft game. 

The defense is better, and tougher. I understand 2011 was deeper, but we have Hughes. Hughes and Hronek + 4 solid, physical dmen that can all clear the crease and lay out punishing hits. Built for the playoffs. 

Goaltending was better in 2011. If Demko can demonstrate a stronger mentality than Luongo's infamous playoff lapses, then our goaltending is better as well. 

Coaching is better. 

Injuries will come and we won't have to rely on calling up the likes of Oreskovich, Bolduc, or Tanev (who in hindsight played decent as a rookie under enormous pressure). We have strong prospects and veterans like Podkolzin, Bains, Wolanin...

Just my opinion, but I'll die on this hill. 2011 was a memorable run and I remember it vividly, all the happiness and the sadness that it brought. This year we're winning the fucking cup. Not a single team in the league can beat us 4 out of 7.

You very well could be right. And I hope you are.

And I could change sides in a few months 

2011 had a larger growth trajectory. Perennial playoff team that couldn't get past the 2nd round. Much larger sample size 

This team is 6 months removed from being a dumpster fire.

That's why I give the edge to 2011, we haven't seen any of these guys in the playoffs besides the bubble.

But I trust JR and Co! Here's to you being right and me being wrong!!

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Upvote 2
  • chaos 1

NHL continues to screw the Canucks over with this road trip. Two back to back 10am games.

I would say f that. Take the loss. Rest all the regulars and call up the entire AHL team. Let them live the dream for a couple games playing in the NHL.

That be my message to Buttman and the rest of his corrupt and clown show that run this league. 

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

Still no PP for Hogz 🤨

They're missing out...need to mix it up a bit and audition some new blood on PP2, including Hogz & Dakota...

What's the definition of insanity again? LOL 

Hell it would be fun to stick Zadorov in front of the net and tell him just stay there and screen the goalie, 

The other 4 could try and shoot through and around him...or even try banking a couple in off him. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

there goes another opinion i have no chance of arguing with... it was great while it lasted... imagine being the 8th person piling on

Dude what? I was the second person to even quote you? And I was just making a statement to your statement. Hardly an argument. You can go on not liking his beard all you want, I'm not mad about it. I thought our back and forth was light hearted. Not everyone is out to argue with you. Its called conversation.

If you don't like conversation then don't post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

They're missing out...need to mix it up a bit and audition some new blood on PP2, including Hogz & Dakota...

What's the definition of insanity again? LOL 

Hell it would be fun to stick Zadorov in front of the net and tell him just stay there and screen the goalie, 

The other 4 could try and shoot through and around him...or even try banking a couple in off him. LOL

I’ve been saying that all along with Myers.  This is how the Blackhawks won Cups when they put Buff Ugly net front. 

We have 2 giants now and can do that with PP1 and PP2

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

22 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's only one little back track. All in all pretty good I would say. An extra 1000 km maybe, or 2 hours in the air is not a big deal considering it had to incorporate 6 teams schedules.

And it's a little disingenuous to start the count in Vancouver .. I believe only Myers flew to Raleigh from there.  6 came from Toronto, 5 from Florida and who knows from where else the remainder came.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

NHL continues to screw the Canucks over with this road trip. Two back to back 10am games.

I would say f that. Take the loss. Rest all the regulars and call up the entire AHL team. Let them live the dream for a couple games playing in the NHL.

That be my message to Buttman and the rest of his corrupt and clown show that run this league. 

Or you know, they could just act like grown men and professional hockey players, wake up a couple hours earlier than normal and win the games and don't cry and pout ... but your way sounds good too. 🤣

Just now, Frozen Water Walker said:

Lol agreed it looks bad but he is a hockey player on a heater at the top of the league that beard isn't going any time soon.

two days after I started calling Garland "the Imp" he shaved for the first time. Just sayin.

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I’ve been saying that all along with Myers.  This is how the Blackhawks won Cups when they put Buff Ugly net front. 

We have 2 giants now and can do that with PP1 and PP2

I agree... Myers has been screening our goalies for years...time we stick him in front of the opposing goalie. Haha

Myers might be a little too light though...Big Z (250lbs) is a little harder for opposing D to clear out from in front (kinda like Big Buff)   

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

dude, im not afraid of jt miller...

even if he is a bad ass...

I would tell him too, like countless people have told me before in alberta... your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women

I can't believe you speak for all women. My wife likes me with beard a lot more than without one...

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I can't believe you speak for all women. My wife likes me with beard a lot more than without one...

you think i speak for all women... oh my god... go cancel someone else

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

That is on account of your having the perfect face for radio.

😝

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Dude what? I was the second person to even quote you? And I was just making a statement to your statement. Hardly an argument. You can go on not liking his beard all you want, I'm not mad about it. I thought our back and forth was light hearted. Not everyone is out to argue with you. Its called conversation.

im sorry what? are you telling to get bent?

same to you buckeroo

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Or you know, they could just act like grown men and professional hockey players, wake up a couple hours earlier than normal and win the games and don't cry and pout ... but your way sounds good too. 🤣

Travel, hotel check ins, driving through traffic, meals. They all impact pretty hard, especially back to back different cities and time zone jet lag issues. Imagine waking up at 5 or 6am to play back to back pro games? It’s not easy bro. There are expectations for certain level of play. 

We seem to always get the brunt of these scheduling issues 

8 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Lol agreed it looks bad but he is a hockey player on a heater at the top of the league that beard isn't going any time soon.

it could be a luck thing... I remember playing sports when i was younger...

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

you think i speak for all women... oh my god... go cancel someone else

You are taking things way too serious. No one wanted to cancel you. I thought it was pretty clear that my post was light hearted and wasn't meant to start any type of war. However, now that you asked for it...

Here's your post - "your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women". So, I asked my woman and she disagreed with your opinion. Go cancel yourself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Yep no idea why mik is on the pp. at least toc cant blame miks lack of scoring on kuz anymore 

Gonna be a tough matchup... Seabass Aho 1st line C, Teuvo Teravainen 1st line RW, Jerperi Kotkaniemi 4th line C, Antti Raanta backing up...some other hockey players vs Vancouver! hehehe.

12 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You are taking things way too serious. No one wanted to cancel you. I thought it was pretty clear that my post was light hearted and wasn't meant to start any type of war. However, now that you asked for it...

Here's your post - "your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women". So, I asked my woman and she disagreed with your opinion. Go cancel yourself.

sure it was light hearted... and you and the other 11 people were all just lightly ribbing me,...

maybe read the room?

edit; yeah i see your silly little emoji... its cool bro... yeah you and 11 other people are piling on a comment about my distaste for scraggly looking beards... hmmmmmmm...... hmmmmmmmm.... hmmmmmmm...yup must be me

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

im sorry what? are you telling to get bent?

same to you buckeroo

Pretty sure I just said it was conversation. And nothing about "get bent" but cheers. Guess you're just trying to start shit. Hope you're day is well. That you and yours are happy and healthy.