[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

Just now, LionofJudah said:

Pretty sure I just said it was conversation. And nothing about "get bent" but cheers. Guess you're just trying to start shit. Hope you're day is well. That you and yours are happy and healthy. 

hey kill em with kindness... nice...

why are you still messaging me btw... got to get the last word in?

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Travel, hotel check ins, driving through traffic, meals. They all impact pretty hard, especially back to back different cities and time zone jet lag issues. Imagine waking up at 5 or 6am to play back to back pro games? It’s not easy bro. There are expectations for certain level of play. 

We seem to always get the brunt of these scheduling issues 

This trip is actually quite easy as far as lengthier East Coast trips go though. As @Googlie mentioned a great portion of our team is already in the East for All-star and vacation, the rest had 9 days to get there.

We play the Bruins at 4 PM PST on Thursday night, and don't play Detroit until 10 AM PST on Saturday (already having been in the time zone for 5 days). That's really not overly hard to be prepared. The team will need to get up maybe 2-3 hours before they normally do, however it's not as if NHL players sleep in all day, or don't practice early in the morning either. You make them sound like bums incapable of waking up early to go to work.

The next day game is at 10:30 AM PST, 24 hours between just like a normal back to back. Plenty of time to make the 1 and a half hour flight and be ready for the game. (Really the only slightly tough part, but it's a back to back) The following game is at 5:30 PM PST Tuesday in Chicago.

Sure getting up 2 hours earlier than normal isn't perfectly ideal but it's not the impossible task people make it out to be either. Good hard working folks do it all the time and actually work 10-12 hours a day. I swear, people here must complain far more than the players. These trips are part of NHL hockey and have been for many years. Parts of NHL hockey are challenging, this is one of them.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

it just occurred to me that once Soucy is healthy our D lineup is Hughes Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Myers. 

In that context, without thinking about his cap hit, I think Myers has found his natural spot in the depth chart. ; )

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

it just occurred to me that once Soucy is healthy our D lineup is Hughes Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Myers. 

In that context, without thinking about his cap hit, I think Myers has found his natural spot in the depth chart. ; )

giraffes fighting GIFGiraffes

• chaos 2

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Like this, but just backed off enough to not get penalties. WOW was this ever a hit, I remember it almost like it was yesterday. Torres hit like a freight train but all too often he was penalized for leaving his feet, or elbow to the head or ... Still his type of recklessness with body health would be welcome, just as earlier point backed off just a bit.

He was always nailing players, but because his suspension history, he was always likely to get done... Loved him though as he made players play with their heads up....

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

Just now, Strawbone said:

Why is everyone getting so salty about some light-hearted beard banter? There's a game today, we should be celebrating! I'll pull out this oldie but a goodie again... arguing about stupid things on a public forum only accomplishes one thing... it makes you look stupid!

Someone is wrong on internet.png

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Why is everyone getting so salty about some light-hearted beard banter? There's a game today, we should be celebrating! I'll pull out this oldie but a goodie again... arguing about stupid things on a public forum only accomplishes one thing... it makes you look stupid!

Someone is wrong on internet.png

I will have you know, i don't need teh interwebs to make ME look stupid. 

wait...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

You are taking things way too serious. No one wanted to cancel you. I thought it was pretty clear that my post was light hearted and wasn't meant to start any type of war. However, now that you asked for it...

Here's your post - "your better off clean shaven then with a scraggly beard... why ??? ask your women". So, I asked my woman and she disagreed with your opinion. Go cancel yourself.

Ego is old school where you are clean shaved all over.

Nowadays we use the beard in a lot of other ways than before that women appreciate… 😜

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Wow ! 3 giraffes now. That’s nearly a tower. 

That’s what a bunch of giraffes is called… a tower of giraffes. 

Thanks for contributing @Optimist Prime @112.

A group of giraffes can be identified as a journey or tower. It is acceptable to call giraffes a group or a herd, but it is more accurate to identify them as one of the following: A journey of giraffes.

Myers is on one heck of a journey I guess.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 2