[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

25 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Hope the Canucks win this one. Carolina is coming into this game having won 3 in a row. All eyes will be on Lindholm this game in his debut. I think Mikheyev is in the hot seat now that Kuzmenko has gone. 

I don’t think that momentum carries over break.

Everybody starts from the same level.

Actually, in my opinion, starting on the road after break gives Canucks some sort of advantage, less distractions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Lindholm is at the very least taking face offs. Use him to his strength, maybe he centers JT instead… worth a try if team wants EP taking face offs as a C given he likely wants to get paid .

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Hopefully Lindholm is at the very least taking face offs. Use him to his strength, maybe he centers JT instead… worth a try if team wants EP taking face offs as a C given he likely wants to get paid .

I think the plan is to keep playing Miller with Boeser and Lindholm will be centering Petey. Maybe down the line Petey will be strong enough to hold down the Center position but as of right now he plays better as a winger. Hopefully he starts shooting the puck more with Lindholm setting him up and Mikheyev digging out the puck.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I don’t think that momentum carries over break.

Everybody starts from the same level.

Actually, in my opinion, starting on the road after break gives Canucks some sort of advantage, less distractions.

I think having Lindholm in the line up will definitely provide a boost. If nothing else it definitely gives us some options now for sure. Looking forward to this game to see what we got! Only thing I’m glad of with the 9 days off is Soucy got some rest and hopefully doesn’t miss too many games. 

Good to see Lindy get his first practice in with the team.

He's a smart player. Won't take him long to learn Tocchet's systems. 

Looking forward to seeing him in the game Tuesday..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This team is going to be a beast on steroids when Soucy is back too and everyone healthy and rolling..

Lindy fills a huge hole in the lineup.. exactly the player we needed.. 

Cant wait Tuesday.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Cant wait Tuesday.

Me too. 

Read my post from few days before the trade..  You'll know how excited I am

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice to have second day of practice. Get everyone back to game shape and work on their staples and pillars. Lindy will have time to gel with the linemates, playing Tocchet's system.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So Mikheyev switches from right wing to left wing?

Wonder if that’s the spark he needs. Anyone know which wing he prefers? He’s listed as a right winger.

It makes sense, it puts Petey and Lindholm as a forehand passing pair. If Lindy plays Center, the Petey will be on LW.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

It makes sense, it puts Petey and Lindholm as a forehand passing pair. If Lindy plays Center, the Petey will be on LW.

Will be interesting to see where Tochett puts EP.     EP played LW in the SHL,  that was quite some time ago.     Against the teams we regularly play, like the idea of keeping teams guessing.    It's already part of Tochetts playbook, "scissoring" the forward group and even the D at times in the O-zone.   These two should be able to take to this like a duck on water.    This won't be an LE type thing, as in "he played with him in the worlds,  the Sedins will bounce back to their previous production" sort of deal.      If I had to guess, they will try them both at center, and after a dozen or so games settle down the roles.     Lindholm on the wing to start.   Taking the R side draws.    We just added a 30 plus goal scoring responsible, highly skilled two-way forward.     Think long term, if we sign Lindholm and EP, they could become one of the best pairings in the league. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3

As for the Lindholm trade.   This has the earmarkings to challenge for the best pre-deadline trade the clubs made since the Nedved one.    As far as cup aspirations go.    History favours the bold and all of that.   Wanted to Allvin to go all-in for the next four years, and especially take advantage of this year since our hot start.    Our challenging period, where our team was tested, we weathered well (Soucy first injury).   Built some character.  

Tochett is having a Roger Nielson like effect on this group.   Or Pat Quin.   You can tell they want it.   And have kept the most even keel.   Mental maturity, and toughness.   

Allvin only needs to make a big splash again if someone big is out.    And only if that's a playoff thing. Knock on wood.    Otherwise, adding some depth.   A 4C upgrade maybe.   A winger that can sit in the press box for some games, and slot in on others (Marroon).  

Agree with Brayden Point.   This team has every key position covered to become a championship team.    Adding Lindholm, and Soucy back later ... we are stacked. 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1