[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Will be interesting to see where Tochett puts EP.     EP played LW in the SHL,  that was quite some time ago.     Against the teams we regularly play, like the idea of keeping teams guessing.    It's already part of Tochetts playbook, "scissoring" the forward group and even the D at times in the O-zone.   These two should be able to take to this like a duck on water.    This won't be an LE type thing, as in "he played with him in the worlds,  the Sedins will bounce back to their previous production" sort of deal.      If I had to guess, they will try them both at center, and after a dozen or so games settle down the roles.     Lindholm on the wing to start.   Taking the R side draws.    We just added a 30 plus goal scoring responsible, highly skilled two-way forward.     Think long term, if we sign Lindholm and EP, they could become one of the best pairings in the league. 

IMHO a big question is whether Mik can stay in the top 6? He is the biggest weakness in that group. I expect Hogs to get a look with the EP40 and Lindholm. Drop Mik to play with Lafferty and Aman. PDG is not far from game ready as well.  

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO a big question is whether Mik can stay in the top 6? He is the biggest weakness in that group. I expect Hogs to get a look with the EP40 and Lindholm. Drop Mik to play with Lafferty and Aman. PDG is not far from game ready as well.  

The Swedish Mafia Line

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I won't be surprised to see a positive bump in Mik's play with his new line.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

13 hours ago, BPA said:

Just win.

Added bonus is Lindholm gels and we get scoring from Lindholm, Mik, and Petey.

I remember the last top 6 Swedish forward we got to try and complete a Swedish connection 

crazy nicolas cage GIF

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So Mikheyev switches from right wing to left wing?

Wonder if that’s the spark he needs. Anyone know which wing he prefers? He’s listed as a right winger.

I think it's only a few games until Hoglander gets moved into the top 6.  Nice to have a lot of options though.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Bannerman was actually a hell of a goalie.  He was definitely an All Star for Chicago and if I remember right a Vezina finalist as well.

Great hockey name too. 

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Great hockey name too. 

Yeah he was the guy who displaced Tony Esposito as the starter.  Chicago had a number of good goalie names back around then.  Those two guys, Warren Skorodenski, Mike Veisor, Gilles Villemure, Michel Dumas, Alain Chevrier...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The thing that stands out to me about that forward group is how every line has a strong defensive presence. There's just no weak links with Kuzy gone. And despite that, there's tons of scoring as well. Man, they've built a solid group this season, and I'm loving it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dom said:

I think we see a lackadaisical effort - prove me wrong boys! 

4-2 Canes.

Well, the Vegas odds agree with you, but I don't.  I see another win coming.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1