[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

I remember the last top 6 Swedish forward we got to try and complete a Swedish connection 

crazy nicolas cage GIF

So you're saying take Lindholm as an anytime, anynet goalscorer on bet365?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

It's going to be nice to watch something that I actually GAF about, after what IMO, is the worst weekend for sports on the entire calendar year.

Tough trip coming up. Hope the boys are ready and that EL fits in right away.

Couldn't agree more. I actually despise that farce of a game.

Can't wait to see a real game again.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Depends on the cost.

Imagine what an advantage it would be to dress an extra D man each game though?

Zadorov as a forward I’m telling you, not such a crazy idea.

If a D man goes down in a game or gets a lengthy penalty it allows you to slide him back on D. Plus the guy skates well and plays physical. Maybe our big nasty bottom 6 guy is right in front of us?

Yeah but we've been a good team because we can roll 4 lines that can play hard and can score. I don't think Zadorov would be good as a winger. His positioning is already questionable at times. I can't imagine he would all of the sudden know how to play a forward role at the NHL level.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

I really want to see the PP utilize brocks 1 timer abilities more

It would keep the other team from cheating over to petey

I'd like to see Brock in front of the net. He's an elite screener.

2 hours ago, bh90 said:

Now we just need some more snarl and grit in my opinion.

David Perron is still a top target for me if Detroit puts him on the block. 

Snarl and grit don't come to mind with Perron.  I feel Perron is more Alex Burrows than Tom Wilson.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Maybe even better than Miller/Boeser?

Having Petey and Lindholm compete against Miller and Boeser as best pair on the team would take us to another level.  Internal competition = GOOD.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

You are correct I think. 

Typical goal by that crew....still, I think my favorite part of this vid is the look on Lindy's face when the camera zoomed over to the Sabres bench...:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Y.  Sedins had one goal in SCF.  Zero in the winning games and 0 in game 7.   

Could have used him.  Blame only on Luongo was so unfair.  

Big picture (not enough scoring) I agree. But Daniel scored in game 2 which was a win, so the bolded isn't correct. It was a long time ago though, I had to look up the box score to double check!

I think it was just the 2 goals though, Daniel with 1 in game 2 and Henrik with 1 in game 6.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

It wouldn't have done anything in the goal scoring category, but I think Manny's eye injury was a huge blow as well. We tend to forget how important faceoffs are, until you're in a playoff series and the opposing team starts every PP with possession.....

I also believe that you can't measure how much of a loss a team leader like that affects the rest of the room. Between Hammer and Manny, the boys just couldn't get over that hump.

That was a huge loss, effectively sent us back to being a 3 line team. It also upped Kesler's defensive tasks and PK time, reducing his scoring opportunities. Granted, Manny came back for the finals but he was not 100%

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

6 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Big picture (not enough scoring) I agree. But Daniel scored in game 2 which was a win, so the bolded isn't correct. It was a long time ago though, I had to look up the box score to double check!

I think it was just the 2 goals though, Daniel with 1 in game 2 and Henrik with 1 in game 6.

Thanks.  It was bad regardless.  Chara and Co shut them down while Marchard and Bergeron racked up the goals and score when it counted.  Once Nux lost Hamhuis, it was over. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Fun fact: Tyler Myers scored the OT winner for the Sabres in that game.

Jesus, anybody remember rob niedermayer as a Sabre? I sure as hell don't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

Jesus, anybody remember rob niedermayer as a Sabre? I sure as hell don't. 

I'm pretty sure there's a league mandate that says if you're a highly touted junior that never quite reaches his potential as a pro, you have to spend part of your career in Buffalo....:classic_cool:

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Thanks.  It was bad regardless.  Chara and Co shut them down while Marchard and Bergeron racked up the goals and score when it counted.  Once Nux lost Hamhuis, it was over. 

Exactly. Close, in this instance, wasn't close enough. 

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

He's actually a really good songwriter/musician.

You don't get a very good look at him in this video, but that's Bubs (Mike Smith) on guitar:

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Snarl and grit don't come to mind with Perron.  I feel Perron is more Alex Burrows than Tom Wilson.

I'd take that

Either or I think he's something the canucks miss right now

He'll be in people's faces, won't back down tk anyone, and has that I don't give a * attitude about him

• Like 1