[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

34 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm pretty sure there's a league mandate that says if you're a highly touted junior that never quite reaches his potential as a pro, you have to spend part of your career in Buffalo....:classic_cool:

Then leave 🙂

55 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'd like to see Brock in front of the net. He's an elite screener.

I'd hate to see him hacked and whacked in the playoffs.  I'd like to see what Myer's or Zad would do standing in front of the goalie. Ala Buffy style 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

15 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wait another 25 hrs.  

We are all having a withdrawal. 

I thought the game was today until I checked in here this morning, so I was pretty bummed. It brightens up my whole day knowing there's a Canucks game at the end of it. I guess I'm going to have to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla instead. Great game, but it's not the Canucks. Woe is me, if there was ever a first world problem, this is it!

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

8 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

There is Rags vs Avs and Isles vs Laughs tonight

I said REAL hockey, not the 'B' leagues LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I've really liked the play of the back end since Zadorov arrived. But what's going on. Why is he on the 3rd pair

Soucy is out so maybe it's more balanced this way.  Don't pair the two towers together.  

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've really liked the play of the back end since Zadorov arrived. But what's going on. Why is he on the 3rd pair

I like Zad too, brings some more physical play. I also think its been good for Meyers, when youre the only big guy on defense you get a lot of attention and expectation, having Zadorov helps keep Meyers from being overused. 

I think Zad has been on the 3rd line because thats how deep our defense is this year. Hughes, Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Meyers, Zadorov. I dont think Zad gets minutes over Soucy, he might be better than Cole, but Cole has earned Toccs trust so it will be tough for Zad to come in and take minutes from Cole. Meyers has also been having a strong season for himself. Hughes and Hronek should be obvious. With that considered its no wonder Zad is on the 3rd line, and thats great. A lot of teams would love to have enough depth on defense where a guy like Zad is on the 3rd pair. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

It wouldn't have done anything in the goal scoring category, but I think Manny's eye injury was a huge blow as well. We tend to forget how important faceoffs are, until you're in a playoff series and the opposing team starts every PP with possession.....

I also believe that you can't measure how much of a loss a team leader like that affects the rest of the room. Between Hammer and Manny, the boys just couldn't get over that hump.

I think that injury was so bad not only because we lost a dominant faceoff player, but our #3 center. And Maxim had to play that role, which was too much for him in my opinion.

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

He has mental lapses so gives up opportunities he shouldn't once in awhile. Same with Myers, he needs Cole to steady the play. Once Soucy gets back Zadorov will go the right side with Cole, and Soucy back with Myers. The latter pair were playing very well together before Soucy went down.

50 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Soucy is out so maybe it's more balanced this way.  Don't pair the two towers together.  

Yeah exactly this. That pairing is a little dicey and nerve racking together. They need a partner that can make safe reads.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd hate to see him hacked and whacked in the playoffs.  I'd like to see what Myer's or Zad would do standing in front of the goalie. Ala Buffy style 

Meh, he's a big guy himself and has protection in the form of padding and 6'8" giants on defence. 

3 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

That would be a bloody mess in front of their goal! 

Throw him out on PP1 while were at it. 😆

Havent we proven that Myers is better at blocking the goalie's view? Put Myers on Bfuglin duties because he played with him in Winterpeg, probably learned all the tricks

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Having Petey and Lindholm compete against Miller and Boeser as best pair on the team would take us to another level.  Internal competition = GOOD.

And Petey already owes JT $100 for getting beat in the hardest shot competition  ..... maybe he could just run a tab?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1