[GDT] Tuesday February 6 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Raleigh

OldFaithfulcap

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thank GOD we have real hockey again. Feels like forever.

Hope they get going again and don't let up at all. Tough grind coming up but this team's capable of staying in the thick of things.

Sorry boss, gotta leave early tomorrow. Just how it is.

Miller over anything🫢

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Damn terrible last while for people in the Canucks community with dogs. Had to do right by mine today after 15.5 years. Golden Retriever. Completely gutted and numb. Appreciate every poster on here and all I can say is this community is special. 

Hope we get a win tomorrow for him 

So sorry for your loss

• Huggy Bear 3

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Havent we proven that Myers is better at blocking the goalie's view? Put Myers on Bfuglin duties because he played with him in Winterpeg, probably learned all the tricks

Won't mind seeing Myers or (especially) Big Z in front of the net at times - those are "big" players who can cause some chaos in front should you try that on a PP or play them as a 4th line forward - they can also skate pretty well.  Canucks have played D as forwards before - think it was Biega.

Just adding some wrinkles here and there from time to time as move into the final 30+ games.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

11 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Saw the episode where the boys went to the Rush concert. Bubs got to play his guitar on one song.

The only one I watched was when he played acoustic guitar on Closer to the Heart. 

Was that the same show? 

RupertKBD uploaded a video on the 6th page of this thread with him playing rhythm guitar. 

Edited by Barn Burner

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Havent we proven that Myers is better at blocking the goalie's view? Put Myers on Bfuglin duties because he played with him in Winterpeg, probably learned all the tricks

Thatchy D can vouch for that. Make Ty go and block the other teams’ goalie for a change

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Damn terrible last while for people in the Canucks community with dogs. Had to do right by mine today after 15.5 years. Golden Retriever. Completely gutted and numb. Appreciate every poster on here and all I can say is this community is special. 

Sorry Outsiders. That sucks. 

• Huggy Bear 3

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Thank GOD we have real hockey again. Feels like forever.

Hope they get going again and don't let up at all. Tough grind coming up but this team's capable of staying in the thick of things.

Sorry boss, gotta leave early tomorrow. Just how it is.

I am leaving around 2:30 tomorrow and I don't have to tell anything to anybody.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Meh, he's a big guy himself and has protection in the form of padding and 6'8" giants on defence. 

Yeah,famous last words. Risk losing a 40 goal scorer. I'd rather put a bull in front.

Not sure if the Cole interview is from today or not.  But he said it.  They are trying to win the cup.  Not just get in and see.  It may seem like a typical canned answer, but this is coming from a cup winner who knows what it takes and how tough it is.  You can't have enough ultra competitive SOBs in the room.  Cole, Demko, JT, QH, EP...these guys are driving this wagon.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

1-1-1 vs stl in regular season...not great but no series is easy of course. 

Nux are perfect vs Blues in the playoffs.  

Regular season is just regular season. 

But I agree.   No series is easy.  Ask Bruins last yr.  Or Laffs fans who were chanting we want Florida! 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not sure if the Cole interview is from today or not.  But he said it.  They are trying to win the cup.  Not just get in and see.  It may seem like a typical canned answer, but this is coming from a cup winner who knows what it takes and how tough it is.  You can't have enough ultra competitive SOBs in the room.  Cole, Demko, JT, QH, EP...these guys are driving this wagon.  

I'm really glad we got Kate to do these spots. I was extremely skeptical of her as just window dressing by the front office. But she has been on point and very professional.  So many reporters fall into a milky toasty cheesy 'hey we're buddies now' approach.  Kate keeps her distance so to speak. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Saw the episode where the boys went to the Rush concert. Bubs got to play his guitar on one song.

Just imagine how the world could be different today had Steve Shutt played better bass than Geddy Lee (eg., read up on how that former HHOFer legend Habs player was responsible for the formation of Rush - well minus Neal Pear [RIP]).

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

It's awful so many good boys and girls we have lost lately. Wishing you all the best.

• Huggy Bear 3