The Inflation & Cost of Living Complaints Thread

Warhippy

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I keep reading and hearing ' the Trudeau government'

Could be a good sign for Libs? Maybe all the hate is just directed at the one handsome hair having kid that has over stayed his welcome?

If JT steps down and Freeland takes over... do they close the gap a bit?

Imo it would help, but to reinvigorate confidence I think we need Carney.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Could be a good sign for Libs? Maybe all the hate is just directed at the one handsome hair having kid that has over stayed his welcome?

Bette Davis Lol GIF by O&O, Inc

Are you crazy? She’s less qualified and less capable than the first idiot, If that's even possible. So many people completely oblivious to the damage done.

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you kidding me?  JT was awesome last night.  Ferland is just full of concussions.  🙃

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Bette Davis Lol GIF by O&O, Inc

Are you crazy? She’s less qualified and less capable than the first idiot, If that's even possible. So many people completely oblivious to the damage done.

No, I am not crazy or oblivious but thank you for that.

I know plenty of people that like Freeland. I dont know where I stand regarding what party I vote for next, but she really impressed me during the NAFTA talks. One of the few people to stand up to the wally the states had as POTUS at the time. 

When Trump won ...

A lot of his supporters said they voted for him because they felt bullied, had been called stupid, crazy, and names like deplorables... 

On this page is a good example of similar in our country. I asked a couple questions of a party that I didn't vote for and get a response asking if I am crazy etc... even has a gif laughing at me.

Makes me wonder if some people are tired of being called names...sheep, radical, crazy, oblivious...

I have no doubt the Cons will win, but I wonder if it might end up a bit closer than some predict.

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

When Trump won ...

A lot of his supporters said they voted for him because they felt bullied, had been called stupid, crazy, and names like deplorables... 

On this page is a good example of similar in our country. I asked a couple questions of a party that I didn't vote for and get a response asking if I am crazy etc... even has a gif laughing at me.

Makes me wonder if some people are tired of being called names...sheep, radical, crazy, oblivious...

I have no doubt the Cons will win, but I wonder if it might end up a bit closer than some predict.

It's the hallmark of a weak argument.

They have nothing but an opinion with which to refute your statement, so they do so loudly, while implying that your point is laughable.....all the while offering zero quantifiable information that actually supports their position.

It's been the go to method of "debate" for the opinionated but fact-challenged for years.....

• Cheers 1

The streets of my once beautiful little town are littered with drug using homeless.   Another brilliant win for our progressive government. 

L.A, Portland, Vancouver.  Liberal government spreading like cancer and destroying the once beautiful and prosperous west coast.  

33 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The streets of my once beautiful little town are littered with drug using homeless.   Another brilliant win for our progressive government. 

L.A, Portland, Vancouver.  Liberal government spreading like cancer and destroying the once beautiful and prosperous west coast.  

Yeah, because there's no drug use in small, rural, conservative towns. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

LOL....what a stupid argument.

I live in a Con area. Same problem. 

Which town?

I know in Vancouver Kennedy Stewart shit the bed and let a lot of things go wrong.

Not sure I see how the feds play into it tho.

😃

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/231101/dq231101b-eng.htm

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/231101/g-b001-eng.htm

g231101b001-eng.png.73651ba176774f95b3c79fe16da9ebb8.png

Methamphetamine, amphetamine use highest in cities in the Prairies

On average, both methamphetamine and amphetamine levels have been consistently higher in cities in the prairies (Edmonton, as well as Prince Albert and Saskatoon) compared with the other cities participating in the CWS. Prince Albert had the highest average levels for January to May in 2022 and 2023.

g231101b003-eng.png.b57ac4ad3c159ed77644a3c30656e874.png

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Inflation Cost of Living people

Take your drug problems elsewhere

People becoming homeless due to cost of living and inflation = More drug use.

Is it sooo off topic and unrelated that you had to become a mini-moderator?  

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

😃

On average, both methamphetamine and amphetamine levels have been consistently higher in cities in the prairies (Edmonton, as well as Prince Albert and Saskatoon) compared with the other cities participating in the CWS. Prince Albert had the highest average levels for January to May in 2022 and 2023.

Was this supposed to be some gotcha moment?  The whole country is reeling and in dire straits because of our government. Yay for us because the prairies are doing worse?  Yeah sure, you win.  I brought up west coast cause it's where I live, it's beautiful and it's dying.  

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

People becoming homeless due to cost of living and inflation = More drug use.

Is it sooo off topic and unrelated that you had to become a mini-moderator?  

No

Yes

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

😃

To be fair, anyone who's ever been to PA knows that drugs and alcohol are the only ways to cope with the fact that it's where you live....

• Cheers 1