Dear Trolling Oilers Fans...

idk bout you, but I'd be happy to have a 15-game win streak. They could make comments towards being 1st overall and winning the Cup etc. Both are obvious cases of correlation, not causation.

• Cheers 1

Oil fans? Where? 

But I'll echo what @MeanSeanBean said, I could care less if there are fans from other teams hanging out in these parts. At the end of the day the active userbase of CFF is pretty small, and there are plenty of knowledgeable fans who roots for other teams. 

If nothing else it gives you more folks to debate/argue hockey with. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

They suck, but I don't think they should be told to leave. Variety is the spice of life, makes for a most interesting hockey conversation then an echo chamber. We should welcome all fans to our board. If they are awesome like @Sabrefan1then we gain valued members, and if they are Oilers fans, they suck!

Na. F them all, their players, their clubs, their cities, and their pets. 

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

33 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

They suck, but I don't think they should be told to leave. Variety is the spice of life, makes for a most interesting hockey conversation then an echo chamber. We should welcome all fans to our board. If they are awesome like @Sabrefan1then we gain valued members, and if they are Oilers fans, they suck!

Yep, trolls aren't allowed, but fans of other teams are welcome as long as they respect the fact that this is primarily a Canuck forum.

• Thanks 1
  • chaos 1

14 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Twitter is gross, so fill me in. What possible argument could be used to say that WE are lucky?

There's an idea out there that PDO (or more accurately, shooting %) is a metric to measure "luck". Because our PDO and shooting percentages are so high, the idea is that we've just been "lucky" and our luck will run out eventually.

I feel bad for them.  Imagine having to live in that hellhole of a city and cheer for a team so gutless that they don't have a single respectable player.  They should spend less time trolling fans of men's teams and more time on ancestry.ca looking for someone willing to date their dumb ass.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There's an idea out there that PDO (or more accurately, shooting %) is a metric to measure "luck". Because our PDO and shooting percentages are so high, the idea is that we've just been "lucky" and our luck will run out eventually.

Lol I love that. Oilers, of all people, complaining about luck because our teams playing well. The irony is delectable. 

And now The Hockey News publishes this: Oilers Should Push Their Chips in For Colton Parayko - The Hockey News Edmonton Oilers News, Analysis and More

That chucklehead Eklund is piggybacking on the idea too: HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Parayko is Available, But Costly. Is he worth 2 firsts?

Parayko has been on record saying that he wants to stay in St. Louis, and the team has been doing well as of late, with Parayko being a big part of it. 

The potential cost to get him (if he did want to waive his full NTC) is being rumored as two 1st round draft picks, a prospect, and a roster player. 

Highly doubt this happens.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

... first of all, if you're reading this, you all suck.  Leave our forum.

Second of all, of the 15 longest winning streaks in NHL history, only 2 of the 15 went on to win a Stanley Cup:

image.thumb.png.1de4c657c1144ce164c767bf37dd0b14.png

image.gif.42ce58da15be436f50e726381745c526.gif

I hope they go on to win 18 in a row and set a new record, it’s cool to see. 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And now The Hockey News publishes this: Oilers Should Push Their Chips in For Colton Parayko - The Hockey News Edmonton Oilers News, Analysis and More

That chucklehead Eklund is piggybacking on the idea too: HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Parayko is Available, But Costly. Is he worth 2 firsts?

Parayko has been on record saying that he wants to stay in St. Louis, and the team has been doing well as of late, with Parayko being a big part of it. 

The potential cost to get him (if he did want to waive his full NTC) is being rumored as two 1st round draft picks, a prospect, and a roster player. 

Highly doubt this happens.

2 1sts, Ceci, Broberg, Bourgoult

Not sure how the cap works around this, but I love the idea of them mortgaging their future for someone like Parayko. As recently as earlier this year some rumors were that his back injury had altered his play permanently. He's signed to 2030, too.

I have and do love the player Parayko has been in the past, but would be very hesitant on acquiring him post-back injury

• Vintage 2

21 hours ago, Whorvat said:

2 1sts, Ceci, Broberg, Bourgoult

Oh dear. Is that with St. Louis retaining some of his salary?

Not sure how the cap works around this, but I love the idea of them mortgaging their future for someone like Parayko. As recently as earlier this year some rumors were that his back injury had altered his play permanently. He's signed to 2030, too.

He's gone from more of an offensively minded player to a more defensively minded one. Still a decent player, but like you said, his back injury is an issue. And despite his size, has never been (and still isn't) a very physical player at all. 

I have and do love the player Parayko has been in the past, but would be very hesitant on acquiring him post-back injury

Same. For that cap hit and duration, I just can't see it. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Twitter is gross, so fill me in. What possible argument could be used to say that WE are lucky?

Basically non stop crying about Canucks PDO and how they will come back down to earth because their shooting percentage and save percentage are unsustainable. I think the oiler fan base is worse than the Toronto fan base when it comes to arrogance and self entitlement.  In my mind if they dont win that 2015 draft lotto they would still be bottom of the barrel.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

idk bout you, but I'd be happy to have a 15-game win streak. They could make comments towards being 1st overall and winning the Cup etc. Both are obvious cases of correlation, not causation.

Not true. Winning the presidents trophy actually has the highest % of winning the cup. 

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

Not true. Winning the presidents trophy actually has the highest % of winning the cup. 

Might be true, but likely moreso prior to the cap era when dynasties and crazy dominant teams were more consistent. Since 2005-06, President's Trophy-winning teams have only won two Cups. Again though, it's more correlation than causation, so I don't take that stat to have any super significant predictive value.