Dear Trolling Oilers Fans...

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This kinda puts the Oilers winning streak in perspective:

Had to double check if that is accurate, and surprisingly it is.  

I'll give the Oilers credit for getting the streak, but I think they're getting ahead of themselves if they think it means they're the top team in the league because of it.

23 hours ago, Darius said:

Since this thread is about oiler fans, its funny watching them try and cope with the Canucks success this year.  Over at Oilers HF they have a running "around the league" thread thats mostly about the Canucks.  The mental gymnastics and the psychological torture they are enduring as they try and rationalize how the Canucks are doing so well while their powerhouse team, blessed by the hand of God (well blessed by Bettman's draft lotto slot machine), cant catch them has become must read entertainment for me.  For instance after the carolina win yesterday (and Lindholm's great contributions) this golden post was made:

That is an excessive amount of cope

• Haha 4

On 2/8/2024 at 3:21 AM, Darius said:

Since this thread is about oiler fans, its funny watching them try and cope with the Canucks success this year.  Over at Oilers HF they have a running "around the league" thread thats mostly about the Canucks.  The mental gymnastics and the psychological torture they are enduring as they try and rationalize how the Canucks are doing so well while their powerhouse team, blessed by the hand of God (well blessed by Bettman's draft lotto slot machine), cant catch them has become must read entertainment for me.  For instance after the carolina win yesterday (and Lindholm's great contributions) this golden post was made:

He’s entitled to his (misinformed) opinion I guess.  One thing is for certain however - the Oilers will not be an easy opponent come playoff time.  

On 2/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, Jeremy Hronek said:

He’s entitled to his (misinformed) opinion I guess.  One thing is for certain however - the Oilers will not be an easy opponent come playoff time.  

Why not? Don’t they rely on the PP and the refs throw away the whistles in the playoffs?

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why not? Don’t they rely on the PP and the refs throw away the whistles in the playoffs?

They call more penalties in the playoffs than the regular season.  There’s an argument that there are more dirty plays and they're being called at a lower rate, but there's still plenty of PP opportunities.  In any case, Edmonton isn't relying on the PP as much under Knoblauch.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 9:52 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

This kinda puts the Oilers winning streak in perspective:

So, we're going to see what the Oilers are really made of through the last part of the season. They have had a really relaxed schedule so far, they have played 5 games less than Vancouver. That may not seem like a lot, but from a rest and recovery standpoint between games, they haven't had the same exhaustion factor that a lot of other teams have, but that is going to catch up with them over the balance of the schedule.

They have a lot of harder teams to play against and they have 6 segments where they deal with 3 games in 4 nights.

Very few Canucks forwards play more than 20 min per night on average whereas most of Edmonton's top 6 are playing over 20 min per night. That will likely start to catch up on them as they deal with a compressed schedule for the balance of the season. Will Edmonton be able to keep up and remain in the playoffs if they start losing again due to exhaustion?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them still drop back into fighting for a wild card spot.

They just started playing better competition and lost 2 of their last 3. Dropped by Vegas and Los Angeles, only beating Anaheim, which is a team struggling to find relevance.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, we're going to see what the Oilers are really made of through the last part of the season. They have had a really relaxed schedule so far, they have played 5 games less than Vancouver. That may not seem like a lot, but from a rest and recovery standpoint between games, they haven't had the same exhaustion factor that a lot of other teams have, but that is going to catch up with them over the balance of the schedule.

They have a lot of harder teams to play against and they have 6 segments where they deal with 3 games in 4 nights.

Very few Canucks forwards play more than 20 min per night on average whereas most of Edmonton's top 6 are playing over 20 min per night. That will likely start to catch up on them as they deal with a compressed schedule for the balance of the season. Will Edmonton be able to keep up and remain in the playoffs if they start losing again due to exhaustion?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them still drop back into fighting for a wild card spot.

They just started playing better competition and lost 2 of their last 3. Dropped by Vegas and Los Angeles, only beating Anaheim, which is a team struggling to find relevance.

They have a much tougher schedule in March and April and also they need to play those extra 5 games on top. 

IMO, Edmonton peaked at the wrong time. By the time they make the playoffs they will be crawling in, not running in. I predict they will lose in the first round, especially considering that if they keep their playoff position as of today they will have to play Vegas. 

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Edmonton's played the fewest games and don't play again until Thurs...Something's off!

Coilers had a super easy schedule recently. They’re heading into a harder stretch and we will see the losing and McBaby whining that goes with that. It actually started early with their loser effort in LA. Baby and Diver whined but it didn’t help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Coilers had a super easy schedule recently. They’re heading into a harder stretch and we will see the losing and McBaby whining that goes with that. It actually started early with their loser effort in LA. Baby and Diver whined but it didn’t help. 

Feels like that they are babying them along (NHL Illuminati) ..Lot's of rest, heal from injuries..you know , Kinda like the All-Star Competition they constructed with Mcbaby where he ended up winning by having the cheat sheet..Anything for the face of the franchise amIrite?!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Feels like that they are babying them along (NHL Illuminati) ..Lot's of rest, heal from injuries..you know , Kinda like the All-Star Competition they constructed with Mcbaby where he ended up winning by having the cheat sheet..Anything for the face of the franchise amIrite?!

Unbelievable (and disgusting) that the league allowed the Bsby whiner to construct the Allstar skills when a million bucks was on the line. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They have a much tougher schedule in March and April and also they need to play those extra 5 games on top. 

IMO, Edmonton peaked at the wrong time. By the time they make the playoffs they will be crawling in, not running in. I predict they will lose in the first round, especially considering that if they keep their playoff position as of today they will have to play Vegas. 

Canucks have a much more balanced lineup than Edmonton, we can play a 3rd line and they will hem the opposition into their own zone and exhaust them.

Edmonton really struggles past a few top end players.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Unbelievable (and disgusting) that the league allowed the Bsby whiner to construct the Allstar skills when a million bucks was on the line. 

Yupp..Just imagine what else is going on behind the scenes..It's a buss after all. They want the poster boys to win to keep them happy.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

Yupp..Just imagine what else is going on behind the scenes..It's a buss after all. They want the poster boys to win to keep them happy.

Maybe Kucherov’s behaviour at the skills competition was his way of telling the league that having McBaby design everything was stupid? He was likely expressing how a lot of the players felt. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Kucherov’s behaviour at the skills competition was his way of telling the league that having McBaby design everything was stupid? He was likely expressing how a lot of the players felt. 

Never thought about it that way, Makes sense! Good observation and the media quick to throw him under the bus..hrmmm.

How convenient, It was the Matthews (home town gig) and the Mcbaby (poster boy) show!.

Edited by Canuck You
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Never thought about it that way, Makes sense! Good observation and the media quick to throw him under the bus..hrmmm.

Good for Kooch. He expressed what other players there were felling. One million up for grabs anc the league allows one player to make up the rules on how to win. Everyone hates the Oilers and enjoys watching them lose. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Good for Kooch. He expressed what other players there were felling. One million up for grabs anc the league allows one player to make up the rules on how to win. Everyone hates the Oilers and enjoys watching them lose. 

I'm sure if other players had time to practice with god knows how much Mcbaby had the results would/could have been different..that's straight f'n cheating, what they did..over a mill too! 

Kooch theory totally makes sense, Tops in the league but not poster boy enough, unfair.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Whether they play Vegas in round one or round two, the outcome is probably going to be the same.  Edmonton isn't going to make it out of the West if they can't get though teams like Vegas and Colorado, so it doesn't matter who they face in whatever round.  

As for peaking at the wrong time?  How can you say that?  I recall you boldly predicting that this team wouldn't qualify for the playoffs.  You said this right as they began their winning streak.  A bunch of us dismissed you since this was the exact same team as last year (which cruised into the postseason).  They are legitimate threat in the regular season and competitive enough in the playoffs as well.  Whether they're good enough to win 16 games is a different story.  But I'm not sure what you were expecting the Oilers to do in their situation.  They fought their way out of a massive hole... and you're criticizing them for that?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Whether they play Vegas in round one or round two, the outcome is probably going to be the same.  Edmonton isn't going to make it out of the West if they can't get though teams like Vegas and Colorado, so it doesn't matter who they face in whatever round.  

As for peaking at the wrong time?  How can you say that?  I recall you boldly predicting that this team wouldn't qualify for the playoffs.  You said this right as they began their winning streak.  A bunch of us dismissed you since this was the exact same team as last year (which cruised into the postseason).  They are legitimate threat in the regular season and competitive enough in the playoffs as well.  Whether they're good enough to win 16 games is a different story.  But I'm not sure what you were expecting the Oilers to do in their situation.  They fought their way out of a massive hole... and you're criticizing them for that?

They fired the coach.  That’s why they’ve been winning.  If they had kept the status quo then they would be a lottery team.  The new coach actually has a system in place and plays defence.  I wasn’t expecting that.  My comments were before the coaching change. Hindsight is 20/20.  

However, even with a new coach they still won’t win a cup because they are a top heavy team like Toronto. Compare that to the Canucks who have 4 lines that can score.  On top of that we have a Vezina calibre goalie in Demko.  I don’t think Skinner is going to lead the Oilers to the promised land.  Once he gets into the playoffs, it will be a completely different story.

• Like 1