Proposal Van - Arizona

The Canucks should look to acquire some of the Coyotes upcoming UFA's for depth when they out of playoff race:

Jason Zucker (tweener winger who can play in top 6 and provide grit)

Liam O'Brien (Enforcer - leads NHL in PIMs)

Joshua Brown (RD depth)

Matt Dumba (if healthy RD depth)

Zucker (50%) and Brown for 2024 3rd, Linus Karlsson, and 2025 5th we might need to add more.

• Haha 1

No thanks.  Out of all that group, I'd hope we can sign Zucker (probably has to take a discount after such a down year) but even Karlsson might be worth keeping in such a trade, since I'd have to think management likes him or sees something in him to keep bringing him up.  Brown as the 3rd pair RD could be good for physicality but that's really it, and I don't see it as a pressing need since we still have Juulsen for depth.

I dont think arizona will make any trades that involves turning one player in multiple assets

They have 20 round 1 to 3 draft picks in next 3 years and multiple prospects they drafted in the last 3 years they need to sign.

They have an abundance of depth in every position. Accumulating more depth may lead them in having issues with alloted contract and reserve slots.

I think Arizona next steps is bundling assets to acquire players that upgrade their roster.

If we keep Lindholm and Petterson and Hronek they might be a perfect trade partner to say trade a guy like Boeser too for a PLD type -lite package (Bjugstad and Guenther???l, . If Boeser scores 40+ it should be pretty easy to find a home for him with 1 year left at 6.65 mil if it means retaining Lindholm, Petey and Hronek

Crouse - Cooley - Boeser... seems like a solid line

14 hours ago, bh90 said:

I dont think arizona will make any trades that involves turning one player in multiple assets

They have 20 round 1 to 3 draft picks in next 3 years and multiple prospects they drafted in the last 3 years they need to sign.

They have an abundance of depth in every position. Accumulating more depth may lead them in having issues with alloted contract and reserve slots.

I think Arizona next steps is bundling assets to acquire players that upgrade their roster.

If we keep Lindholm and Petterson and Hronek they might be a perfect trade partner to say trade a guy like Boeser too for a PLD type -lite package (Bjugstad and Guenther???l, . If Boeser scores 40+ it should be pretty easy to find a home for him with 1 year left at 6.65 mil if it means retaining Lindholm, Petey and Hronek

Crouse - Cooley - Boeser... seems like a solid line

They can always flip some assets for more immediate help. They likely dont want lose UFA's for nothing and contenders are less willing to give up valuable roster players. 

On 2/7/2024 at 6:23 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

The Canucks should look to acquire some of the Coyotes upcoming UFA's for depth when they out of playoff race:

Joshua Brown (RD depth)

Zucker (50%) and Brown for 2024 3rd, Linus Karlsson, and 2025 5th we might need to add more.

Something around PDG for O’Brien would be something that I’d be interested in.

How has Matt Dumba looked this year?  Would he be an upgrade on Myers?

On 2/6/2024 at 2:23 PM, Bure_Pavel said:

Joshua Brown (RD depth)

NFW.

Benning is home, new management isn’t stupid. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Heck no LOB and Dumba would get caved in the playoffs. 

Edit: @Bure_Pavel I'd be interested in Brown if the price was right. Somebody is going to overpay for Liam and I hope it's Edm 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I dont think he would be an upgrade over Myers, I was more thinking an upgrade over Juulsen/added depth. Go with a #1 dman, a #2 Dman, then a bunch o #4-5 dmen that are pretty interchangable.

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Dumba

Cole

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Heck no LOB and Dumba would get caved in the playoffs. 

Edit: @Bure_Pavel I'd be interested in Brown if the price was right. Somebody is going to overpay for Liam and I hope it's Edm 

Dumba has averaged over 17 minutes per night for the last 8 years he could look good paired with someone like Cole/Zadorov on the bottom pair in my opinion. Price would have to be very reasonable though. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

5 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I dont think he would be an upgrade over Myers, I was more thinking an upgrade over Juulsen/added depth. Go with a #1 dman, a #2 Dman, then a bunch o #4-5 dmen that are pretty interchangable.

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Dumba

Cole

In that case, I wouldn’t go for Dumba.  Juulsen has done enough to earn the #7 spot and fill in.  Canucks have enough depth from 4-7 in my opinion.  Where they lack is in a true #3 dman.  You have Hughes and Hronek as legit #1 and #2 dmen, and then a #4 as the teams’ 3rd best D.  That’s dangerous imo.