[PGT] Nucks @ Canes - feb 6 2024

OldFaithfulcap

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

We're surrounded by competent winners. It's amazing to see and witness. Everything about this coaching staff and management is next level. Their decision making is so much more precise. 

It really paints a clearer picture as to why we've had so many years of losing. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Stay humble boys…

Don’t mock your enemies 

respect them… 

Stay thankful stay grateful

go Canucks go

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

Agreed.  We've been down this road before and while I'm as excited as everyone about our awesome team, I won't celebrate until Huggy gets the cup from Bettman.

• Cheers 4

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Aman is one area the team should improve on before the TDL, and it won't cost the farm.   A 4C upgrade,  if this guy is a banger and a decent deterrent,  really the only trade remaining, if not also a depth winger that's a big scary dude.   We don't have a Momesso.  

Yup, I've been reiterating how we basically need a middle 6 forward to bump Suter back into the 4C role where he and Hogs and Lafferty can feast on the other team's 4th lines.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, stawns said:

The unsung hero of the game would be the bottom 4 of the dcorp.  Myers had an excellent game, followed closely by Juuls and cole

Spot on... Juulsen really put his body on the line, and all 4 of the bottom d really played physical... a joy to watch and bodes well for play offs hockey.

PS. Hope you feel better.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
53 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Ideaz fore MoRe ShOtZ to please the Standings deniers:

1. Stop hitting the post and crossbar. 
2. when dumping puck into corner on a line change, shoot muffin on goalie instead. Plus shots means better team.

Who cares if goalie might try a stretch pass.

3. When playing  dump and chase, shoot puck at goalie instead. Might kill the play, but hey another SOG.

4. Stop passing so much. Just hammer the puck at the net at every opportunity.

Or……….Just keep playing the way that you’re playing. Listen to your coaches and make the changes in your game that they suggest . There is a lot of Stanley Cup experience on that staff

it's wild to me that people haven't clued in yet that "shooting from everywhere" is the same as "turnovers from everywhere".

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

All those years of following the Canucks through rough times, there were plenty of negative posts about the team. Most of those posts were sensible measured takes, but there were some that went overboard with the negativity.

I often wondered if those same people would be throwing negativity and shade at the team if they were one of the best teams in the league. Well here we are, and we have our answer,

Some people just gotta bitch no matter what. It’s brutal how some people gotta have a whipping boy or two to complain about. 

Lighten up folks. Enjoy the ride. 

If you can't enjoy it now, you'll never get to enjoy it...

This is prime time...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

QH likely will surpass Ohlund this season. 

Demko will likely catch R Brodeur this season.

Hughes is a season away from being the top scoring defence man in Canucks history... at age 25... unbelievable... #superstar

• Cheers 2

Anyone actually watch the Oilers game last night?

The Sportsnet color commentator guy Jack Michaels is absolute trash. I had to eventually put it on mute. The way he hypes up the oilers throughout the entire game is embarrassing.

I also couldn't believe how badly the refs tried to help the oilers tie it up. 3 blatant non-calls against Edmonton in the last 6 minutes. 

I'm so glad their streak is over.

Sorry just had to vent.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Spot on... Juulsen really put his body on the line, and all 4 of the bottom d really played physical... a joy to watch and bodes well for play offs hockey.

PS. Hope you feel better.

Bottom 3, even 4 were so good last night. Myers was skating well, and juuls was doing a little bit of everything

I'm ok, a week of tests etc........lotx of time in the cardiopulmonary clinic and neurology 

• Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Anyone actually watch the Oilers game last night?

The Sportsnet color commentator guy Jack Michaels is absolute trash. I had to eventually put it on mute. The way he hypes up the oilers throughout the entire game is embarrassing.

I also couldn't believe how badly the refs tried to help the oilers tie it up. 3 blatant non-calls against Edmonton in the last 6 minutes. 

I'm so glad their streak is over.

Sorry just had to vent.

A 16 game winning streak is pretty impressive.  They've got cause to feel good

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bottom 3, even 4 were so good last night. Myers was skating well, and juuls was doing a little bit of everything

I'm ok, a week of tests etc........lotx of time in the cardiopulmonary clinic and neurology 

Good to hear... not a pleasant experience...

But as the old saying goes... "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger".. you hang in there amigo. 

As for the bottom D, I was really impressed with Juulsen. He is fearless when blocking shots, and has a bit of nastiness in him.

But their all did their job... 

The boys were under pressure, but showed they are able to defend a lead, without having to outscore the opposition.

Have a good feeling about this season.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

mmmk...

My post was talking about their shit biased announcer and the in game management clearly at work.

That includes their announcer.......of expect murph and shorty to be pretty happy in that case