[PGT] Nucks @ Canes - feb 6 2024

OldFaithfulcap

2 hours ago, Boudrias said: How physical will Canuck coaching want their d-core to be? They have the size to be intimidating but lets face it CUP contenders are not intimidated. Can Canuck physicality knock opposing players off their games enough for Canuck offence to win out?   

I think it’s a case of them not being intimidated. And sticking to their game plan, and in that sense it’s it’s own form of intimidation. they’ve stood up to everything pretty well to this point. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

All at or well below the playoff line

So your counting ANA.  LA det stl  out ?  the last time the Canucks played ARI I seem to remember the nux had their hands full. I’m calling bs on you.  

6 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

So your counting ANA.  LA det stl  out ?  the last time the Canucks played ARI I seem to remember the nux had their hands full. I’m calling bs on you.  

I said "at or we'll below"

1 minute ago, Chon derry said:

That’s not an easy schedule either but it does serve as good prep for the playoffs. For both teams. 

How is it that the Oilers have only played 46? games? They've had a break at Christmas, and the All *tar break as well. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Based on quality of competition, yes, they do

It's a weird stat tho. The TDL can change things a lot, guys stop playing hard, etc. I don't put much stock into it.

Id be more concerned about playing teams with nothing to lose, those loose teams can take chances and no one cares.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's a weird stat tho. The TDL can change things a lot, guys stop playing hard, etc. I don't put much stock into it.

Id be more concerned about playing teams with nothing to lose, those loose teams can take chances and no one cares.

Agreed there, but based on current rosters and standings the Canucks have a hard road.

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is why I said this  oilers next 6 is more arduous than the Canucks next 4 and has nothing to do with quality of competition. LAK will be motivated as it’s a 4 point game for them. They stay 3 pts behind or fall to 5 behind. Either way you look at it they’ve got a lot hockey to play.  In the next week and a half. Whereas the Canucks wind down their last 2 games with wash and Chi. Ending on Tuesday. 

Edited by Chon derry
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

The way Garland and Joshua seem to find each other in the slot or in high danger area’s from behind the goal line has a little hint of Sedinery to it.

Yes, and they look a lot alike too!

Edited by MathIsFun
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Agree with the need to stop allowing goals when we are on the power play.

(Still came across as a bit of a Debbie though, caveat or not.)

This team is not only winning, they are getting better all the time.

I'm sure they're not going to let anything like this fester w/o addressing it.

Cheers @iinatcc its another Great Day after yet another Great Canuck Win.

Pretty sure RT will address the shorties

He looked pretty pissed when it happened. Pretty sure I lipread him saying wtf

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

How is it that the Oilers have only played 46? games? They've had a break at Christmas, and the All *tar break as well. 

LAK as well.  the end of the season for LA and edms schedules will be more condensed than ours. That’s something. 

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed there, but based on current rosters and standings the Canucks have a hard road.

When I look at the schedule, I feel like our team is better than the opponent pretty much every game. 

Ofcourse some games will be tougher than others but when we play at our best and they play at their best, we are the better team. 

Perhaps gaining consistency is what championship teams do and maybe this second half will be good for us to gain that consistency.

We used to play 1 good game in 3.

It then became 1 good game 1 bad game. 

It then became 3 good games 1 bad game. Now we're pushing that more and mixing 3 good games and 2 so so games and still coming up 5-0 or 4-0-1 etc. 

We're starting to resemble what championship teams do. We're winning in different ways and adjusting our play to come out with the win

• Like 2
  • chaos 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Not likely, they've got one of the easier schedules in the back 9 

They also do have 8 back to backs. They don't have a lot of top teams to play against, but they have a lot of hockey to play with their light schedule in the first half.

I don't see them tumbling, but I don't see any massive wins streaks in their future.

The first hurdle is Boston. I'd bet both teams will be up for this one tomorrow. It's easy to say it's just one game, but the players on both sides 

will doubtfully see it or play it that way. There probably will be extra vigor. No idea who'll win so I'll just say the Canucks will because I want that.😋

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The first hurdle is Boston. I'd bet both teams will be up for this one tomorrow. It's easy to say it's just one game, but the players on both sides 

will doubtfully see it or play it that way. There probably will be extra vigor. No idea who'll win so I'll just say the Canucks will because I want that.😋

Especially how Boston lost to Calgary. Wouldn't be surprised if they play angry against Vancouver 

• Cheers 2

Lindy looked like he's been here for years last night, perfect fit. Back checked hard, made strong plays off the puck, and obviously a couple of beauty tip in goals. Hell yeah.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1