[PGT] Nucks @ Canes - feb 6 2024

OldFaithfulcap

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

If I recall; First game in NA. Pat was a very smart man with a lot of ideas and pull.

Sweet pass by Courtnall in the first rush... Bure was the fastest guy with the puck i've ever seen.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Absolutely, we're just entering the stretch drive. How teams handle it will say a lot.

I don't know how you could possibly say that. We haven't played anything like a playoff series yet. Sounds like a great way to set yourself up for failure though. Certainly hope the team doesn't have that attitude.

No kidding. I hate all this talk of this team being unstoppable and favourites in the playoffs. Like have these people even watched an NHL playoff series? Lol. This team hasn’t played one single playoff game together. Do I think they’re well built for POs and have as a good a chance as any other PO team. Yes. Am I crowning them champions at mid-point of the season? Hell no.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's wild to me that people haven't clued in yet that "shooting from everywhere" is the same as "turnovers from everywhere".

No man TFEs are a totally different stat, that correlates to team’s confidence with the puck. If they’re turning it over regularly they’re obviously confident and making risky plays 😉

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

No man TFEs are a totally different stat, that correlates to team’s confidence with the puck. If they’re turning it over regularly they’re obviously confident and making risky plays 😉

well, logic checks out. do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

That includes their announcer.......of expect murph and shorty to be pretty happy in that case

I always found Murph, Shorty and Cheech to be relatively neutral. At least they are compared to the Oilers doofus

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

I always found Murph, Shorty and Cheech to be relatively neutral. At least they are compared to the Oilers doofus

I agree, but most are pretty biased.  My point, though, is they've had a great stretch of games after a very poor start.........I'd expect they'll be excited.  I get it's annoying though 

On 2/6/2024 at 6:48 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Good first start and a good first impression for Lindholm. Made good plays in both ends. 

He seems well-spoken in that interview. 

We gotta nickname this man Captain Obvious

He says 'Obviously' about twice in every sentence in every presser I've heard since the trade was made lol

Add to that what an obviously great fit he is for us, what an obviously brilliant trade it was and what and obvious difference he's gonna make to our chances to go deep in the post-season

On 2/6/2024 at 7:47 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

National pride isn't exclusive to MAGA peeps. 

No, but over the top excessive and ignorant nationalism combined with questionable education quite often are

17 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Ideaz fore MoRe ShOtZ to please the Standings deniers:

1. Stop hitting the post and crossbar. 
2. when dumping puck into corner on a line change, shoot muffin on goalie instead. Plus shots means better team.

Who cares if goalie might try a stretch pass.

3. When playing  dump and chase, shoot puck at goalie instead. Might kill the play, but hey another SOG.

4. Stop passing so much. Just hammer the puck at the net at every opportunity.

Or……….Just keep playing the way that you’re playing. Listen to your coaches and make the changes in your game that they suggest . There is a lot of Stanley Cup experience on that staff

Weird thing I've noticed this year; They don't count them as shots if they're shot from the neutral zone or farther. Gotta be from the blue or closer to register. I think it's the dumbest thing because the goalie has to make the save, and we've seen goals come from all areas of the ice before. 

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

16 game win streak is impressive but a little less when you take a deep dive into it.  

GFxL1BGboAAjkHO.jpeg

That's just sour grapes, imo.  That's something to be proud of and very impressive, regardless who they beat.

We should feel the same about the current run van is on

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's just sour grapes, imo.  That's something to be proud of and very impressive, regardless who they beat.

why would we be sour? we're still way ahead of them. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

why would we be sour? we're still way ahead of them. 

Sour by whoever wrote that and who can't  give recognition for something pretty amazing.  As I said in the post, we should feel equally good for the run van is on

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Sour by whoever wrote that and who can't  give recognition for something pretty amazing.  As I said in the post, we should feel equally good for the run van is on

thats fair, it was a heck of a run. 

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's all part of iit being the Oilers.  Canucks fans are allowed to criticize their success.  The NHL has only had 4 true generational talents.  And the Oilers have gotten 2 of them.  Poor babies.

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

It's all part of iit being the Oilers.  Canucks fans are allowed to criticize their success.  The NHL has only had 4 true generational talents.  And the Oilers have gotten 2 of them.  Poor babies.

Yes, sour grapes. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats fair, it was a heck of a run. 

Definitely a solid run, but in my opinion, it would have come with an asterisk. 

The Penguins won 17 straight in regulation. The Oinkers won two in OT and one in a SO. 

Not the same. 

In fact, the Penguins streak came to an end with a 6-6 tie. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Definitely a solid run, but in my opinion, it would have come with an asterisk. 

The Penguins won 17 straight in regulation. The Oinkers won two in OT and one in a SO. 

Not the same. 

In fact, the Penguins streak came to an end with a 6-6 tie. 

That, I don't disagree with

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yes, sour grapes. 

You do you bud, just don't confuse criticism with sour grapes. The Canucks are 18-2-4 in their last 24 games which I think is even more impressive considering their competition.  There's nothing to be sour about. 

• Cheers 1