This Canucks team is what Toronto dreams of

When watching the game tonight vs a really good eastern conference team, the Canes, I kinda thought how the way we are built is what would have Leaf fans creaming their jeans. And we’re kinda built in a eastern conference way now with Rutherford etal.

1 minute ago, Bretzky said:

When watching the game tonight vs a really good eastern conference team, the Canes, I kinda thought how the way we are built is what would have Leaf fans creaming their jeans. And we’re kinda built in a eastern conference way now with Rutherford etal.

Let's not get too carried away. Toronto has always been a good season team. Sometimes they've been first in the East as well. They've unquestionably had more success. But when it comes to the playoffs, they have gotten bounced more times than most.

We still haven't proven anything yet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Let's not get too carried away. Toronto has always been a good season team. Sometimes they've been first in the East as well. They've unquestionably had more success. But when it comes to the playoffs, they have gotten bounced more times than most.

We still haven't proven anything yet.

I hear ya.

But I like our present line up, from the goaltending out. We have a pretty nice core!….and Hughes continues to be elite.

My money is on the Nucks head to head in a playoff series vs them, bring it on! That be a cup final series….it’s in my dreams.

Think of the Penguins core with Marc Andre Fleury in net , Letang, Malkin and Crosby when winning cups is what  comes to my mind…can’t compare any one to Crosby 😉

Edited by Bretzky

Leafs put too much emphasis on the front. You know, too many millionaire forwards.  So, they suffer out back and in net. I don't feel sorry for 'em at all. I was joyed by their lack of playoff success in this era. That being said...............

Obviously my team are the Canucks. We had our trials and tribulations for sure. It took a few tries, but we finally slayed the dragon, right? 

Our present roster has proven that they're a great team. That we're contenders. Who'd have thought. I mean I didn't figure on the kind of success we've garnered thus far this season. But it's happened and it's f*ckin' awesome! And...........Oh.....Mr. Tochett. Your record is safe. Coilers lost.  Hahaha!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/7/2024 at 11:16 AM, Bretzky said:

When watching the game tonight vs a really good eastern conference team, the Canes, I kinda thought how the way we are built is what would have Leaf fans creaming their jeans. And we’re kinda built in an eastern conference way now with Rutherford etal.

Be careful with this shit.

This is the kind of arrogance that will piss off the Hockey Gods.

With respect to our beloved Canucks, the Leafs have had many solid regular seasons in recent history. Yes, they’ve tasted their fair share of black sausage when it has mattered most, but it just goes to show how difficult playoff hockey can really be.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Be careful with this shit.

This is the kind of arrogance that will piss off the Hockey Gods.

With respect to our beloved Canucks, the Leafs have had many solid regular seasons in recent history. Yes, they’ve tasted their fair share of black sausage when it has mattered most, but it just goes to show how difficult playoff hockey can really be.  

Yeah, I spoke too soon….Not good at all vs the Bruins last night! Yikes.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:44 PM, Sativika said:

Leafs put too much emphasis on the front. You know, too many millionaire forwards.  So, they suffer out back and in net. I don't feel sorry for 'em at all. I was joyed by their lack of playoff success in this era. That being said...............

Obviously my team are the Canucks. We had our trials and tribulations for sure. It took a few tries, but we finally slayed the dragon, right? 

Our present roster has proven that they're a great team. That we're contenders. Who'd have thought. I mean I didn't figure on the kind of success we've garnered thus far this season. But it's happened and it's f*ckin' awesome! And...........Oh.....Mr. Tochett. Your record is safe. Coilers lost.  Hahaha!!!!!

Not only did the Leafs put too much emphasis on the front but they paid all of their stars premium contracts.  No one took a hometown discount to serve the greater good since management had already paid UFA Tavares a premium contract (and made him captain).  

As counter-intuitive as it may sound, the Tavares signing just may have ended up costing the Leafs a cup or two.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Not only did the Leafs put too much emphasis on the front but they paid all of their stars premium contracts.  No one took a hometown discount to serve the greater good since management had already paid UFA Tavares a premium contract (and made him captain).  

As counter-intuitive as it may sound, the Tavares signing just may have ended up costing the Leafs a cup or two.

Which is what could happen here if we hand Petey a massive deal that hasn't been earned.  There's absolutely no way in hell that Petey should get more than Pastrnak.  I'm not even convinced Petey is on par with Pasta based on this year's play.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Which is what could happen here if we hand Petey a massive deal that hasn't been earned.  There's absolutely no way in hell that Petey should get more than Pastrnak.  I'm not even convinced Petey is on par with Pasta based on this year's play.

Pasta is better.   Sorry.   Doesn't mean EP

wont get more money either.   Goal scoring matters the most. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Pasta is better.   Sorry.   Doesn't mean EP

wont get more money either.   Goal scoring matters the most. 

Pasta is a beast of a player.  He has shown the consistency and play driving ability where I think he probably should have got $12M+ like the other superstars in this league.  Boston got a discount IMO.