[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Going back to the All Star festivities; I would have to say, it would appear, Thatcher Demko has been just waiting, yearning for this game..

Mc Glovin's the king.

Yeah, another key test for the boys, The B's are bound to be in nasty mood. All I'm looking for is for the Canucks to stay focused, play tough but within the rules.

It seems like every game is so critical. Each opponent gives us their best effort and we are challenged to be better each game. This is who we are, winners!

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

This game will determine if the Canucks are for real. Nothing says a true test than matching up against the other top team in the league. I don’t think it will be a blowout. Will probably be a close game 3-2 or 4-3. 
Should also be a physical game. Yes the current Boston team doesn’t have the rockem’ sockem’ type but it’s the style of game they play. Even the lighter guys play heavy.

The Canucks have already proven they're for real regardless of this game.

38 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Boston's Poistra's out means something and iLll Just assume that means we will score 4 and boston will score 2...

4-2 Nucks Hughes winner

2points for petey miller and Hughes

frustrated the big lebowski GIF

The Canucks are a better defensive team than they appear.  Now 4th is impressive but if you take I to consideration the games these teams have on the Canucks you have to ask, how many goals are they going to let in in those remaining games.  Then do the math, the Canucks are up there with the Jets battling first.  That's crazy how defensive they've become. 

12 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Let's fix his teeth this time!

image.jpeg.fb18f3945fbaf20d675a12aa2a6f1d2a.jpeg

Quality dentures versus Boston Bruins dentures ... 'nuf said!

Tomorrow let's have the Chaos Girraffe and Big Zeke "measure up" the RAT for a new set of dentures. Free upgrades for life... .

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • chaos 2

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Preds, Carrier RHD.  5'11" 174lbs, 46GP, 4G 10A +/-0. 

A Friedman plus?  

Meh rather have a vet with some size and with cup winning experience.

Edmundson, Bortuzzo, E.Johnson

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Tomorrow let's have the Chaos Girraffe and Big Zeke "measure up" the RAT for a new set of dentures. Free upgrades for life... .

Myers was in his second year with Buffalo in 2011 and Zadorov was 16 years old somewhere in Russia. Most of the current Canucks weren't even in Junior yet. Why would any of them care about what Marchand did thirteen years ago? Ancient history is ancient. Marchand can only haunt you if you let him. Seems to me the best revenge is two points in the wins column.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Lol I’m not going to quote everyone since clearly a few people disagree and I don’t have the time to quote everyone. But I think the true and real test of finding out if the Canucks are for real IS BOSTON. Boston has been regularly the 1st or 2nd ranked team all season. How we play against them tomorrow and on the 24th will say a lot about how this team is built. Regardless of what you want to believe it or not. Boston is the one team hands on ahead of everyone else in the league. People are saying “I don’t care how they play against Boston the Canucks have already proven themselves”. Well that’s honestly leading to saying if the Canucks lose we don’t care cause they’ve done so and so. NO. My standards are a lot higher sorry to say. What will these same people say if the Canucks lose both tomorrow and the 24th? 

Hope the Canucks win 10000-1 tomorrow but realistically speaking this is going to be a close game and a true test against an actual cup contender. Hope the Canucks depth shines and we get what we hope for.

• chaos 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Lol I’m not going to quote everyone since clearly a few people disagree and I don’t have the time to quote everyone. But I think the true and real test of finding out if the Canucks are for real IS BOSTON. Boston has been regularly the 1st or 2nd ranked team all season. How we play against them tomorrow and on the 24th will say a lot about how this team is built. Regardless of what you want to believe it or not. Boston is the one team hands on ahead of everyone else in the league. People are saying “I don’t care how they play against Boston the Canucks have already proven themselves”. Well that’s honestly leading to saying if the Canucks lose we don’t care cause they’ve done so and so. NO. My standards are a lot higher sorry to say. What will these same people say if the Canucks lose both tomorrow and the 24th? 

Hope the Canucks win 10000-1 tomorrow but realistically speaking this is going to be a close game and a true test against an actual cup contender. Hope the Canucks depth shines and we get what we hope for.

Just want to say, maybe some people in here need to get their vision checked but we’re lucky we won against the Canes. They were pressing all game and the 3rd period was all them. We didn’t provide any offence in the third period. Just playing dump the puck and kill the time. A top team dominates. I think we just have the right pieces that we get away. We have the depth to make up for the mistakes. But in no way were we controlling the last games. The Canes played a very heavy game and a lot of pressure in their end. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • chaos 1