[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Often players from all different corners of the earth favour a team not related to their nationality. If I’m not mistaken EP 40 was an avid Vancouver fan as a young boy and longed to play here. There are other players too. 

I’m not upset with anyone. I just want to see Vancouver on the dishing it out side after years of getting manhandled.

Of course times change . History doesn’t. It’s never too late to serve justice. I’m not sure why you insist fans must forget the history of a team. 
Hell , I remember Buffalo spinning the wheel to draft first which likely set the course of the Canucks entire history. 

Fair enough.

I guess what I’m saying is that if you’re half expecting someone from the Canucks to go after Marchand from an event that took place 13 years ago, you might be in for a let down. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not too sure why the Canucks would want to do this. Insurance? This is the second time he has mentioned it so there must be at least a little smoke?

More balanced scoring I think.

Having Kessel allows us to drop our 3rd to 4th to make them the best 4th line of all time.

And have the best centre depth in the salary cap Era

Suter Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Pettersson Kessel

Hoglander Lindholm Lafferty

Joshua Blueger Garland

Roll 4 lines

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • chaos 1

29 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not too sure why the Canucks would want to do this. Insurance? This is the second time he has mentioned it so there must be at least a little smoke?

Great playoff experience. We lack a lot of that in the dressing room right now. He knows how to win, and he has stated he doesn't care if he is scratched. 

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's the deal with a 3:30pm start? US Holiday?

Ok, weird I swore I saw a 3:30pm start, maybe just someone did a typo on Sportsnet. It's showing 4pm. That makes more sense.

Sportsnet always lists the start time as half an hour early to trick you into watching some pre game ads

• chaos 2

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Hope you feel better soon.

Every single person I work with has had it over the past couple of weeks. I'm the only one who wears a mask (to protect my Dad) and it's missed me.

Hate wearing a mask, it's been too long but it seems to be helping so .... I'll keep calm and carry on I guess.

Can we put a mask on Marchand today? Don't want to take a chance that he'll lick someone and make our team sick.

2 blue eye stamps.Mask no needed

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Hope you feel better soon.

Every single person I work with has had it over the past couple of weeks. I'm the only one who wears a mask (to protect my Dad) and it's missed me.

Hate wearing a mask, it's been too long but it seems to be helping so .... I'll keep calm and carry on I guess.

Can we put a mask on Marchand today? Don't want to take a chance that he'll lick someone and make our team sick.

I cant help it.My wife work in school.House full of germs always.We ware mask,vaccinated,No help

Woke up this morning. To a text message from my friend in Toronto. He wants the Canucks to destroy Boston, and even more want's a Canuck player to wipe out Marchand.

One of the few things Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal agree on. 😄

The Hockey guy's love of Boston and Dallas just puzzles me. Dallas especially. I get you liked the North Stars. But you'd think you'd transfer that loyalty to the Wild.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Good locker room guy from the sounds of it.

Does bring a ton of experience too. That would be my guess.

Kinda goes against the standards Tocchet has been setting though. Apparently the guy doesn’t stretch and doesn’t drink water.  😂 But Tocc would know as good as anyone what he’s all about.