[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We don't have the necessary edge. Playing intimidated. You can tell. 

not seeing that but ok

Edited by AngryGoose

9 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Typical Canucks. 
Just bending over and letting the Bruins fuck them.  
What an embarrassment 

Real contenders don’t have performances like this 

Calgary just beat them, its 82 games ups and downs happen. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron said:

People worry every game and we still win. Not saying we’ll win this one. But I’ve learnt to believe we are always in it 

100% ... happens all the time. Lol

Lots of game left.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

They’re bound to lose games yes. But our fans think we’re the best team in the league. We’re playing the other top team in the league and so far they’re looking like the better team. Dare I say Canucks make it to the finals with Boston on the other side and history repeats itself…

Well the best teams find ways to win when they are playing like dog shit and Vancouver has done a damn good job of doing that this year. But I would rather lose to the Florida Panthers in the finals than lose another against Boston. 

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Nobody is actually worried. The Canucks are bound to lose games. It just stings worse because it’s against Boston. Some of us have and never will recover from that. 

It's not that they beat us in the scf..

It's that they victimized us in the games they won. The lack of pushback in that series is what haunts us. We never dwelled on the islanders or rangers series losses the way we have with Boston.

It's sickening that management told them to turn the other cheek. Guys like Bieksa should have been throttling guys like the rat for how they treated our players.

Buck Foston

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s four shorthanded goals in what 3 games. Give me a break. It’s pathetic. It’s not overreacting. Allowing one, yes. But four. It’s awful.

That is a bit shocking. I'm guessing teams are scouting our passing and recognizing too many across ice passes that can be intercepted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

It’s not about winning or losing. It’s the way they’re playing. 2 SHG is unacceptable.

Winning is all that matters. But the Powerplay has been concerning 

Not a discipline period from this group, very uncharacteristic from this bunch.

Boston showing the Canucks what a real response looks like to adversity. Time for the team especially the star players to put in a good response in the 2nd period. Didn't like Miller and Pettersson's 1st period. They are our drivers, they need to both be better.

this is 2011 all over... Big bad Bruins bullying the Canucks.

Get the f up for the fight and hammer them... They are smashing us all over the ice.

Unless they grow some hair on the chest this is gone...

Still don't get why Petey didn't just trip him up on the break away...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was just the pp. God awful right now in terms of urgency and puck protection. Maybe a message should be sent to our top players and bench them on the next one.

Can't bench them. Gotta get them going. 

They're playing intimidated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

I’ve seen that same Petey giveaway on the power play at the blue line where he falls after a light shove then swats at the puck while sprawled on the ice too many times this year. 

He barely deserves a 2 mill contract half the time.  I honestly think if we can trade him in the off-season we should do it he doesn’t play a consistent game

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

100% ... happens all the time. Lol

Lots of game left.

I’m flying in for the home game against Boston. So I’m ok with a loss if it means they beat them at home! Me and my ladies one year! 

• Cheers 1

If I could see one thing this team did is rebuild the PP lines by splitting up the first line and combine it into a hybrid 2 lines with talent on both rather than loading up just 1.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The effort looks pretty lackluster so far.  They need to move those legs and win some battles.  Been way too easy for Boston so far.

Boston is the best team the Canucks have faced this season. They are strong in every position and they move the puck really well. They are the best the East has to offer and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Cup Final. Whether that will be against Vancouver remains to be seen, but this game is showing the Canucks how good they are going to have to be to make a deep playoff run.

• Cheers 1