[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

1 minute ago, Reznor said:

I'm not concerned about the loss. Or even a bad game. Though this has been TERRIBLE. Nothing is going right at all. 

I'm a bit more concerned about the prospect of this being how our team matches up against this very good Boston team. (In anticipation of Vancouver being in the final with them.) Why do we have Myers and Zadorov if they aren't going to provide even a fraction of what we see from their team?

Boston is just a lucky bunch of douche bags with an easy schedule every year. Carolina is better. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Don't know the rules.  Goal diff? 

We'll find out soon. 

Regardless, more important is the poor play and lack of response so far in this game.   

PLAYOFF TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE

Tie-Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.

3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.

5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs.

For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included.

When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.

6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.

7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

NOTE: In standings, a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

For the record.

Avalanche and Jets have both allowed 4 goals and are losing.

Jets are also getting shut out.

Good teams have bad games. 

This place is worse than reddit 

Yup it’s disappointing but that’s life of an 82 game schedule 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

probably the worst two periods I’ve ever seen him play.  

12mil players don't get off night like this. -4 
He hasn't been consistent enough all year to get 11+mil and now lindholm is taking over center for him.

Just now, Jaimito said:

PA needs to work those phones and remake the second line 

Ahhh so we need to remake the team after 2 periods. Got it. 

Work dem phones Allvin 

I think that benching of EP40 is justified with bad play and another is cautious of getting injury in a blowout game.  It works in both ways with good reason, if he is not having a good night.  I think that this is first ever Pettersson benching in his career and it is timely if I am not mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Wondering how Tocchet and coaching staff is going to spin this game.

Question is if they will see it as - learn how not to choke under pressure OR it's just a bad game and move on. I hope they talk about dealing with pressure, because I haven't seen the Canucks play this game in a long time. They just look lost. Their system has broken down, very little push back, small amount of time in offensive zone. 

Welcome to the playoffs - where your speciality teams matter and checking is tighter. 

NOTE: Pettersson was the main reason the Bruins got each of the 4 goals. He was out of place in all four cases. Not covering his man.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

IMHO They cant let Joshua walk at the end of the year.  He always plays well against these big grinding teams - the type of teams that usually go far in the playoffs.  

Agreed.

We just don't have a replacement for him. Some have said Podz, but in no way has Podz shown he can play in the NHL like Joshua. I hope he gets there, but at this time I think you gotta go ahead and give Joshua the raise he'll be looking for. 

At the moment our offseason signing priority looks like this imo:

Petey

Hronek

Joshua

Teddy

Then Zad, Laff, Cole and finally the rest depending on cost to sign them.

Meyers nothing more then 2.5 at 3 years or less. Lindholm too early to say, but based on age I think Van doesn't do it and he walks and signs elsewhere for 6.5-7 million at 7 years. Canucks just can't pay that (nor should they right now). 

• Cheers 1

It could be worse folks. This one stings, big time. The point streak had to end eventually. We could be the Jets who are about to be on a 5 game loss streak. It's one game, a big one at that, but shake it off and forget about it. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Ahhh so we need to remake the team after 2 periods. Got it. 

Work dem phones Allvin 

Haha.  Last game everyone was saying how amazing the Lindholm trade was.  

It's going to take time to gel.  But EP is definitely off.  Maybe fighting a cold something, who knows.