[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Just now, Morgan 33 said:

Final score is going to be 4-0...  Just like on the darkest day in Canucks history to add insult to injury.

If I could hug you, I would.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I don’t see it that way, we dummied ourselves with the lazy plays and not following through on checks, Boston isn’t playing exceptionally well and that’s the definition of putting on a clinic.

Canucks don’t show up on to arguably the biggest road game of the year?! That’s a shocker. 

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Our big hulking D has played some soft soft hockey tonight. Disappointing. I bet Garland would beat Myers up in a fight. That chaos giraffe needs to go! 

Yes go get us beers Myers and snacks

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Our big hulking D has played some soft soft hockey tonight. Disappointing. I bet Garland would beat Myers up in a fight. That chaos giraffe needs to go! 

I agree!

Lay some body out there. Make them feel this win, not just skate off with it.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I don’t see it that way, we dummied ourselves with the lazy plays and not following through on checks, Boston isn’t playing exceptionally well and that’s the definition of putting on a clinic.

The bruins handled them easily.  It was easy to get Van off their game.  Bruins have been on cruise mode since the first goal

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Agree its due to us making a few shit plays unfortunately. Without those two SHG its a different game. The PP let us down.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

That's just it. Boston is playing such a good game because they are pressuring hard. Forcing us to make bad passes. Their penalty kill was super aggressive. They are making cross ice passes. They are jumping up on the rush so forwards are losing their coverage.

The reason the canucks are playing so poorly is because Boston is playing so well. 

Team hasn't even had a real sniff at a goal, and that's not because the canucks aren't good. They are good. 

But Boston has them on the ropes.

2 minutes ago, Morgan 33 said:

Final score is going to be 4-0...  Just like on the darkest day in Canucks history to add insult to injury.

This game is eerily similar to game 7.

This is the type of effort they put up. In game 7. With Stanley in their building.

Just a broken team. I hate the Bruins.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

That's just it. Boston is playing such a good game because they are pressuring hard. Forcing us to make bad passes. Their penalty kill was super aggressive. They are making cross ice passes. They are jumping up on the rush so forwards are losing their coverage.

The reason the canucks are playing so poorly is because Boston is playing so well. 

Team hasn't even had a real sniff at a goal, and that's not because the canucks aren't good. They are good. 

But Boston has them on the ropes.

Well let’s face it. They gave up! That’s what concerns me.

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Sucks that it wasn’t even a competitive game

Yeah that is the most surprising thing. I thought the Canucks would have shown they were going to play good hockey today, but instead shot themselves in the foot several times. The most embarrassing game this year.

• Like 1