[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Alain Vigneault was a niche coach, who used his players for their specific roles, and when injuries started to happen, they didn’t have the depth or the versatility to adjust.  

I think RT’s system is more like moulding cogs to fit the machine, and if someone gets injured or isn’t going great…he should be able to juggle-lines or insert any given player in or out of the line-up. 

4 on 4 or 3 on 3 play is show-boating time,…but 5 on 5 has been this team’s money game!  I for one, can appreciate & respect that. 

I don't disagree, but it's often at the expense of highly skilled players

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Truly. They looked like the team from last season. Pettersson was especially bad

He was awful.... talk about getting out played by pastranak and Marchand... Petey picked the wrong game to suck

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

He was awful.... talk about getting out played by pastranak and Marchand... Petey picked the wrong game to suck

Miller and Hughes were equally bad.  I'd say Boes too, but he wasn't involved enough to be good or bad

17 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Boston media article title "Bruins dominate Canucks in 4-0 win that looked a lot like 2011 Cup Final" and "

BOSTON -- Death. Taxes. And the Canucks playing horribly in Boston.

TD Garden has been a house of horrors for the Canucks for more than a decade, and it was again Thursday night as the Bruins dominated in a 4-0 win, highlighted by a pair of shorthanded goals and two tallies in 49 seconds to start the second period." https://sports.yahoo.com/bruins-dominate-canucks-4-0-031418430.html

As a current Canucks player that would piss me off to have Boston / US media reminding them of a team that lost 12 years ago.

…and us fans alike.

Aarrrrgh! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller and Hughes were equally bad.  I'd say Boes too, but he wasn't involved enough to be good or bad

I think the only players who did anything productive tonight were joshua, garland, and mabye hogs

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Fatigue shouldn't be an issue.  They had a lot of days off.

Did they??

I wondered - if having so many players taking part in the recent NHL All-Star week/weekend might result in less of a break for those participating & even result in a bit of mini-slump, when they returned.

Our “All-star” players were the ones who weren’t at their best tonight. 

What if..?? 

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

3 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Wondering why Kuzmenko is scoring two games in a row after not being able to score here? Linemates, system, or ?

( and yeah that's how bad the game is that I'm talking about traded players )

Probably because he had to play with "how do I support my linemates again?" Mikheyev. 

• Like 1

I think perhaps (yes its only two games in) Kuzzy has a new lease on life because he was in the Canucks coaching staffs doghouse before the season began… He pissed off management because he went to Bali and I’m sure they let him know… 
With athletes its all about confidence and I think his confidence took a massive blow…

They shattered his fragile ego and I don’t think he ever recovered..,

now that he has a new lease on life he’s found his scoring his confidence…

Also maybe there’s less pressure in Calgary… Less pressure to perform at a high-level defensively…

And maybe they had it all along to trade him from the beginning of the year… cuz of his off season debacle and his unwillingness to play defence even last season… who knows - but definitely something was off from the start of the year…  his confidence was gone…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Boston is a top team and looks like it, that doesn't mean they won't lose games. 

And it doesn't take away from the fact that we look like shit. 

Vancouver is a top team and looks like it, that doesnt mean they wont lose games.

And it doesnt take away from the fact that Carolina, TB, Florida, Edmonton, NYR, Dallas look like shit 

Im sure each of those fan bases were saying the exact same thing when Vancouver played them. 

We did look like shit this game and a handful of games throughout the season but were tied for first in the league so what youre feeling now and youre sentiments were likely voiced by each of the fanbases we played and beat. 

25 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

Vancouver is a top team and looks like it, that doesnt mean they wont lose games.

And it doesnt take away from the fact that Carolina, TB, Florida, Edmonton, NYR, Dallas look like shit 

Im sure each of those fan bases were saying the exact same thing when Vancouver played them. 

We did look like shit this game and a handful of games throughout the season but were tied for first in the league so what youre feeling now and youre sentiments were likely voiced by each of the fanbases we played and beat. 

Exactly 

we had a bad off game - Boston got some bounces opportune goals all we needed was to not allow those 2 shorty’s - and score on the power play… play with more urgency like we can tighten up coverage…

that game was ours to lose 

boston is totally beatable 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1

This thread has made me realize just how mindfucked many Canuck fans became after the 2011 finals.  

13 years ago, lol.

Thankfully, no one on the current Canucks cares about 2011. 

Onwards and upwards.

Canucks got their first taste of adversity this season and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Learn and grow before the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Time to shake up the lines was period 2. Even the 3rd solely because they've been so good not to shake them up, reward them. Call up Bains let's see if he can play in the big leagues before the playoffs

Joshua Petterson Lindholm

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Blueger Garland

Bains Suter Lafferty 

PP 1 

Zadorov net front 

Petey Miller Boeser 

Hughes 

Try the old Buff technique haha could work.

PP needs something new, it's been on and off weak all year. Now it's giving up shorties every game. 

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Suter-Lindholm-Garland

Joshua-Bluegar-Lafferty

Mikheyev-Aman-Hoglander

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I also think that this should be the cue for Tocchet to start playing DeSmith more games. The Bruins have fresher goalies. Tonight the Canucks should have rested Demko, because it was really a wasted game for him.

Demko was rested.   And De-Smith is going to get one of the back to backs.   Makes perfect sense tactically, to play Demko against one of the best teams in the league.   And then play De-Smith on Saturday, Demko on Sunday no?

13 hours ago, Mo Grit said:

but can they raise their game or were they already peaked.

What does this even mean?

Of course they can raise their game from absolute crap. Haven't you been paying attention? 

Edited by Gawdzukes

13 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Time will tell. A lot of players do well right after a trade - proving themselves, excitement of a new environment (esp. if coming from a bad situation). Let's see after ten games or so.

Exactly, people acting like Kuzy is suddenly figured it out or is let off the leash should wait a bit. Happens often after a trade and then reverts to normal.