[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Phil Kessel? Seriously Phil Kessel? Not happening even at $850 thousand. For him to play top 6 you have to drop either Suter or Mik. Not happening. The 3rd liane is sacred. That means Phil on the 4th. How does that sound? Even there who do you bump? Not happening. 

I think he'd be great hire...as a salesperson for Steamer's hot dogs!  You know he stands behind that product.😉

But yeah, the team has progressed to a point it doesn't need Kessel at this stage in his career.  

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The boys don't just wanna beat the competition, they want to absolutely annihilate them.  Attitude of a champion.  We gotta remember Petey dominated the SHL and carried his team to a championship there.  He loves to win. 

Hell Yah 

Kessel is not needed and would fck up tocchet's vision a lot more than kuz did. We've committed to being a grind team for better or worse and phil is not a fit. Hopefully bored media guys. I'd rather us play 7 D than adding him. 

• Cheers 1

Biggest game of the year.

The road to get from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals to this point for the Bruins and Canucks have been very different. Since 2011, the Bruins have been to the Finals two more times in 2013 and 2019. They've only missed the playoffs two times between 2012-2023. Since 2011 and their Stanley cup finals loss, the Canucks have missed the playoffs eight times. The Bruins have consistently been a top team since their 2011 finals win, while the Canucks fell apart and hadn't recovered until this year.

Do the Canucks have the same hate for the Bruins as fans do? Do they still feel the sting of the loss to the Bruins and envy their ability to build playoff teams year after year? 

The question isn't if the Canucks can get excited for this game, but can they play their system against the Bruins given all the hype of this game? IF they can stick to their system of attacking the O zone, puck control, and good defensive team play they can beat Boston - but will they buckle under the pressure or not? In some ways it's a sample test on what it will be like to play elite teams in the playoffs - can you keep your cool or not?

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think it's more of we've had our hopes dashed in the past. We're just not used to having good things happening.

Maybe the team has finally turned the corner.

Oh I get that. I am with you through and through on our painful journey. It's comments like that though are just not even jaded but just plain dumb and thoughtless. Carolina is an incredibly well coached team known for suffocating defence. We're a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years and now all of the sudden we're supposed to be dominating every team we face? We went from giving up 6-7 goals a game and routinely blowing 3 and 4 goal leads last season to not being in first place good enough. :frantic: 🤣

Well yeah, no sh!t we were hanging on to a much needed 2 points against a top tier NHL team. Has this guy never watched NHL hockey before? I would say it's pretty clear we turned a significant corner a long time ago.

• Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Sorry Ghost, not sure I follow? He was a great player internationally but only one season with the nucks I think. Did he like bananas and pepsi lol?

He liked hotdogs. He missed home so much he got a nickname of Vlad the inhaler. It's too bad really. That was back in the day when Russian players were not common in NHL. There was no one to help him adapt, train, and adjust. Bure and Larionov did. Krutov didn't.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

32 games left.

We're 4 wins shy of the total wins last year.

If the team goes .500 the rest of the way they will get 104 points.

I don't anyone could have predicted a turn around this good.

It's pretty amazing what some new players and a new coaching staff has done for our team. As Canucks fans we're so used to having crappy teams for the past 11 years, that it feels strange to even talk about going to the playoffs again. I think most OG fans are also aware that the last time we played at this elite level was the year we went to the finals. We have that level of potential and everyone including the players know it. This year isn't about just making the playoffs, but staying in and thriving once we get there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

32 games left.

We're 4 wins shy of the total wins last year.

If the team goes .500 the rest of the way they will get 104 points.

I don't think anyone could have predicted a turn around this good.

I think Alf predicted 105 points a long time ago.

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He liked hotdogs. He missed home so much he got a nickname of Vlad the inhaler. It's too bad really. That was back in the day when Russian players were not common in NHL. There was no one to help him adapt, train, and adjust. Bure and Larionov did. Krutov didn't.

That is awesome 

I looked him up and he looks like one beefy guy lol

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Geez??? Kessel is 36 years old and has not played in 8 months. I think Mik or Suter have to crap the bed for PA to consider this. 

He's a former #5 overall with 992 points in 1286 games. He was a key contributor to the Penguins Cup. I don't see how at 36 he wouldn't be capable of playing 15-16 minutes a game if he's in shape. He's always been a real good skater. The rumors of his being out of shape has always seemed to be poorly based. He might add some much needed experience and timely goalscoring. At the worst he'd be good depth for injuries.

• Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

now that's an unique jersey 

Oh damn, that totally sucks. I'd be on the phone giving them hell. Is there anyway they could rush one overnight to you? 

Don't let it it ruin the game for you though. It should still be a great time. You don't have another jersey do you?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

All I saw was the Canes playing in our end and every time we’d get the puck we’d cross Center ice and dump it in and change.

In Rick we trust, if that is what he told them to do, that is what they will do or they get to sit.

Good points but I saw a 4 line team that was rolling and the Canes couldn't beak through.

GCG 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

This. No one is going to specifically target ratboy but most guys have some sort of history with his antics no matter where they played before now so would relish the chance if it came. Myers didn’t target Keith but when the opportunity presented itself he stepped up with gusto. Took me an hour to stop smiling. The afterglow from Zads flattening ratboy would be timeless.

Nice! Marchand doesn't get a pass nor should he from the kumbaya move on crowd. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guys I might be out of it for a while. My buddy Peter, the cancer agency is looking to move him to Palliative care. Basically the Hotel California.

He's been getting worse lately. I'm glad I took him for a drive on Saturday. I was worried he seemed weak. I had no idea the pain he was dealing with.

He just sent me a message showing he got a huge Americano. The caption reads. "Fuck it, I'm having one of these bad boys..."

Be well and good thoughts for your buddy. Hang in there.

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1