[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Today's forecast - Raining Rats ... never gets old. Marchand cheap-shotted Ovi earlier in the game. 

Lots of this tonight please boyz!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

Too bad Soucy is out.  Would have been great to see all hands on deck bruising the hell out of the Bs

I think its better that we not showing all our cards to Boston. I would have preferred a Desmith start even

10 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Too bad Soucy is out.  Would have been great to see all hands on deck bruising the hell out of the Bs

I swear there’s an element of confidence when he’s in the line up. Whenever he is healthy, Vancouver absolutely manhandles its opponents both offensively and defensively. Guy is a key piece to this core. 

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

im so scared of this game, i really hope the canucks are dialed in, vibes around the league feel this game is gonna be like playoff final 😛

I think the boys know this is a huge game for them. Tocchet will have them ready. Win or lose it’s going to be a good game. 

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guys I might be out of it for a while. My buddy Peter, the cancer agency is looking to move him to Palliative care. Basically the Hotel California.

He's been getting worse lately. I'm glad I took him for a drive on Saturday. I was worried he seemed weak. I had no idea the pain he was dealing with.

He just sent me a message showing he got a huge Americano. The caption reads. "Fuck it, I'm having one of these bad boys..."

He's lucky to have a good friend such as yourself. All you can do is be there for him. Good on you Ghosts.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guys I might be out of it for a while. My buddy Peter, the cancer agency is looking to move him to Palliative care. Basically the Hotel California.

He's been getting worse lately. I'm glad I took him for a drive on Saturday. I was worried he seemed weak. I had no idea the pain he was dealing with.

He just sent me a message showing he got a huge Americano. The caption reads. "Fuck it, I'm having one of these bad boys..."

We all wish we had a friend like you sir 🫡

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Often players from all different corners of the earth favour a team not related to their nationality. If I’m not mistaken EP 40 was an avid Vancouver fan as a young boy and longed to play here. There are other players too. 

I’m not upset with anyone. I just want to see Vancouver on the dishing it out side after years of getting manhandled.

Of course times change . History doesn’t. It’s never too late to serve justice. I’m not sure why you insist fans must forget the history of a team. 
Hell , I remember Buffalo spinning the wheel to draft first which likely set the course of the Canucks entire history. 

Not likely. They haven't won anything yet, either. 

In fact, I believe we've been the finals 3 times to their two. 

25 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

I think the boys know this is a huge game for them. Tocchet will have them ready. Win or lose it’s going to be a good game. 

I cannot think of another NHL team that handles the puck as well as Van does in the ozone. The Canes game might have been 3-2 but that score flattered the Canes. The Corolla line had to bars. I think they score tonight as they are due. 

Big win against one playoff team in Carolina but now to beat a contender in Boston. They have no right being as good as they are without a top line center but they're deep up front and have a great goalie and defence which seems to be all you need these days, plus a couple of star wingers. We want to prove to everyone that we're contenders, not just pretenders, so cleaning through these Eastern teams would be a step in the right direction. Crazy to think that our top 3 centers are all better than their top center.

2-1 Canucks in OT

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That is awesome 

I looked him up and he looks like one beefy guy lol

I was at his first game. 

He didn't start on Iggy's line but instead was with Smyl and, I think, Crawford.  2nd or 3rd shift he took the puck at our blue line and went down the wing.  He was fast, stocky, and built like a tank. 

Barreled thru 2 checks then saucered a centering pass to the front of the net to Smyl - who had his stick in the air !! - who missed the pass, and I remember thinking "this Russian is too good for us"

That was his high point.  He discovered hotdogs, and his hot dogging days were over

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think its better that we not showing all our cards to Boston. I would have preferred a Desmith start even

Playing the odds .....

Casey DeSmith has a 3-4-0 record against the Bruins in his career.

Thatcher Demko is 1-1-0 against the Bruins in his career.

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh I get that. I am with you through and through on our painful journey. It's comments like that though are just not even jaded but just plain dumb and thoughtless. Carolina is an incredibly well coached team known for suffocating defence. We're a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years and now all of the sudden we're supposed to be dominating every team we face? We went from giving up 6-7 goals a game and routinely blowing 3 and 4 goal leads last season to not being in first place good enough. :frantic: 🤣

Well yeah, no sh!t we were hanging on to a much needed 2 points against a top tier NHL team. Has this guy never watched NHL hockey before? I would say it's pretty clear we turned a significant corner a long time ago.

We made the playoffs in 2020

• Cheers 1

Nux play Bruins again in about 2 weeks. 

Bruins lost last game and likely hungry to get a win.  

Good test for Nux for sure regardless.  Bruins are betting favorites tonight.  

6 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

We made the playoffs in 2020

The lack of playoff home games really made the COVID cup less memorable.

I bet if Nux won that year, people will still say Nux never won a cup. 

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

WTF does this even mean? Maybe we shouldn't play Hughes or Petey in order to play our cards close to our chest?

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1