[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

10 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

We made the playoffs in 2020

The fake playoffs 😅. We actually only made it in through the once in history play ins as well. It was a fun run though although I kind of don't count it myself. Hockey with no fan just isn't the same. Now, this is definitely a real season and I so hope we go far.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

The fake playoffs 😅. We actually only made it in through the once in history play ins as well. It was a fun run though although I kind of don't count it myself. Hockey with no fan just isn't the same. Now, this is definitely a real season and I so hope we go far.

I agree that the bubble with no fans just didn't feel right.

I don't count it as a playoff.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Phil Kessel? Seriously Phil Kessel? Not happening even at $850 thousand. For him to play top 6 you have to drop either Suter or Mik. Not happening. The 3rd liane is sacred. That means Phil on the 4th. How does that sound? Even there who do you bump? Not happening. 

karlsson

39 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

5-3 for the good guys. With a Tyler Myers hattrick- a goal, an assist, and hitting Ratboy into next week.

I'll add a zadorov choke slam for good measure. bonus gof of Mcwhatever getting slammed

big show wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Too bad Soucy is out.  Would have been great to see all hands on deck bruising the hell out of the Bs

our man Juulsen is quite the bruiser himself...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Focusing on hockey takes my mind off of it. What I feel sorry for is his wife and his Mom. His wife has her own business, and she's been with him all the way.

I can't imagine how his Mom is going to take it.

Hockey is a good distraction. We need other things to focus on at times like these.

One day at a time, brother. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Give CCM whatever they want. Let them take over the jerseys. Fanatics is garbage.

Horrible move by the NHL.

Fanatics is terrible. I will never order another item. NHL, NFL needs to get the hell away from Fanatics. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guys I might be out of it for a while. My buddy Peter, the cancer agency is looking to move him to Palliative care. Basically the Hotel California.

He's been getting worse lately. I'm glad I took him for a drive on Saturday. I was worried he seemed weak. I had no idea the pain he was dealing with.

He just sent me a message showing he got a huge Americano. The caption reads. "Fuck it, I'm having one of these bad boys..."

Sorry to hear that man.  Cancer fucking sucks.  I know it first hand.  My wife has been battling Stage 3 breast cancer since May of last year.  She's doing quite well now, but she just found out a friend that she met along the way passed away from Stage 4 breast cancer last week, and then the very next day, our dear neighbour's daughter was diagnosed with what we believe so far to be stage 3 breast cancer as well.  It all fucking sucks, but we all need to smile and celebrate the little wins in life.  Thoughts and prayers are with you, your buddy, and his family.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We went for a drive on Saturday. He liked the winter air. We just talked. He got weak at times. Grabbed a bite to eat, and he scarfed the food down. Had I known I would have driven to Stanley Park or something. We got to shake hands, do a fist pump. I was getting worried he'd been struggling lately. Because it seems everything was compounding.

I hope that's not our last goodbye in person. We made each other laugh. He's one of the strongest people I know. I told him today, the world is a better place with him. And I am proud to be his friend.

Y'know the one "positive" thing (if you can even call any of it that) is that it gives the loved ones, whether it be family or friends, a time to be able to say the things they want to say.  There is the time to say goodbye, or tell them how much they are loved.  I've seen a lot of cancer around me in my life, and I believe in a way it makes things easier on loved ones than say a heart attack or accident does.  The sudden loss of a loved one is really difficult because it's hard to find closure.  With cancer, you have that time. 

I'm glad you had that awesome Saturday with your buddy.  Whether or not that was your last goodbye or not doesn't matter.  What matters is that both of you had that moment, and that memory will last forever with you. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guys I might be out of it for a while. My buddy Peter, the cancer agency is looking to move him to Palliative care. Basically the Hotel California.

He's been getting worse lately. I'm glad I took him for a drive on Saturday. I was worried he seemed weak. I had no idea the pain he was dealing with.

He just sent me a message showing he got a huge Americano. The caption reads. "Fuck it, I'm having one of these bad boys..."

I feel for you friend... getting very sick cant be easy, and trying to ease his pain is likely on your mind... I wish you and your friend some good times and laughs.

2 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Too bad Soucy is out.  Would have been great to see all hands on deck bruising the hell out of the Bs

I rather have Juulsen in tonight to throw some massive hits. He had 8 hits last game

2 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

I rather have Juulsen in tonight to throw some massive hits. He had 8 hits last game

Donkey certainly knows how to throw them and isn't afraid to really step into a check no matter who it is.