[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Just now, -dlc- said:

I hope the team doesn't fold as easily as the fans do.

Oh, we've not folded.  Just disappointed in the effort shown and critical of the players' decision-making. 

• Like 1

God this sedin style power play is god awful to watch they are taught by the sedins to keep passing till there’s a perfect shot lol.. except they ain’t no sedin in passing ability and ends up on the other team stick 

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

Nobody is actually worried. The Canucks are bound to lose games. It just stings worse because it’s against Boston. Some of us have and never will recover from that. 

Correct

• Like 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

After 20 minutes the Bruins were the better team. Some people saying not to worry? Are you kidding me? I’d elect to not have a power play if they’re going to let in a SHG every time

People worry every game and we still win. Not saying we’ll win this one. But I’ve learnt to believe we are always in it 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Petey, hex got miller completely off his game.  Miller and hughes playing catch over there and Miller gave the guy a breakaway

Most teams are playing between the dots on the PK, the Bruins are pressuring the puck and all the outlet passes.  Get out the white board Tocc

For those who say we just played a terrible period, we didn't. Our 5 most talented players thought they could flip the puck around casually and got it thrown in their face. Other that those two pathetic letdowns we are fine. Played a great period 

Nobody is actually worried. The Canucks are bound to lose games. It just stings worse because it’s against Boston. Some of us have and never will recover from that. 

They’re bound to lose games yes. But our fans think we’re the best team in the league. We’re playing the other top team in the league and so far they’re looking like the better team. Dare I say Canucks make it to the finals with Boston on the other side and history repeats itself…

4 minutes ago, Wing said:

Okay we need to calm down. Bad first period, but the game is not over. 

Adversity is something we haven't really faced this year. This is a good test to see if nucks can bounce back against a team that I know would be hungry after an embarrassing loss in their own building. 

If they don't show up in the second period then we can start complaining.

Eff adversity. How about working on the PP. 

Some of us? All of us. 

Some of us are not insanely demanding that every shift, every play, every period has to be a picasso. This guy should be traded. Bench the team. Bench the season yadda yadda

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

We were so good that period.  But they are down in the most embarrassing fashion.  You think they’d fucking care about defense Tocchet should have run defensive drills on the pp last practice and if he didn’t this is on him for this fucking farce

The problem is that they took a day off yesterday.  You'd think a new comer would need another practice especially with b2b games on the weekend.

Just now, Devron said:

People worry every game and we still win. Not saying we’ll win this one. But I’ve learnt to believe we are always in it 

It’s not about winning or losing. It’s the way they’re playing. 2 SHG is unacceptable.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

God this sedin style power play is god awful to watch they are taught by the sedins to keep passing till there’s a perfect shot lol.. except they ain’t no sedin in passing ability and ends up on the other team stick 

They're in love with the PDO when in reality they need more POD

Free the Podz.  Bring him up for more shots on goal!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

True.

We can beat anyone, when we want it.

Step up Rick.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

For those who say we just played a terrible period, we didn't. Our 5 most talented players thought they could flip the puck around casually and got it thrown in their face. Other that those two pathetic letdowns we are fine. Played a great period 

Garlands line was solid, yet again.  I hope RT plays the hell out of them from here on out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was miller was it not,?  Off the left side boards, petey plays the other side, hence why he was the fwd back

Pretty sure it was Petey on the far side boards, tried to force a pass through the d-man to Hughes, d-man blocks it

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Disagree. That's ok. 

It was just the pp. God awful right now in terms of urgency and puck protection. Maybe a message should be sent to our top players and bench them on the next one. They didn’t learn after the first one. They came out and did it again. These are the leaders. Such bad leadership on the pp.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

I’ve seen that same Petey giveaway on the power play at the blue line where he falls after a light shove then swats at the puck while sprawled on the ice too many times this year. 

Bruins got beat up last game by the Flames. literally and on the scoreboard. Came out with a chip on their shoulders, whatever. 

Two shg's is awful (yes) but let's get behind the team, shall we?

They've given us enough reason to this year. If the game's over in your mind, back it up. Shut it down. If you stick around it's probably because you do hold  out hope for this team. And they've earned. that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3