[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Can't bench them. Gotta get them going. 

They're playing intimidated. 

Where have we heard this before? Maybe it means we lack players who can intimidate back which means we should be looking for players that can do it back to teams like this at the deadline. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Some of us? All of us. 

Some of us are not insanely demanding that every shift, every play, every period has to be a picasso. This guy should be traded. Bench the team. Bench the season yadda yadda

Well to be fair some players prior to this season hadn’t exactly warranted a spot on this team. And there were still times when I thought certain players weren’t meaning a La Kuzzy. Love the guy but he didn’t fit. Canuck fans are allowed to be critical with the product that has been sold to us the last decade. Now this game is an off game for Vancouver and Boston is showing why they are the best year after year (minus the playoffs).  

Just now, Devron said:

I’m flying in for the home game against Boston. So I’m ok with a loss if it means they beat them at home! Me and my ladies one year! 

Awesome! That will be a great game to see. Wishing you all the best and ... a win. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

this is 2011 all over... Big bad Bruins bullying the Canucks.

Get the f up for the fight and hammer them... They are smashing us all over the ice.

Unless they grow some hair on the chest this is gone...

Still don't get why Petey didn't just trip him up on the break away...

distracted.

happens to him often.

only saved by his excellence when motivated.

not tonight though.

• Cheers 1

I can see we're not used to being top in the league.

Teams are watching a lot of Canuck tape and trying to figure out how to break them down.  There's a lot of smart hockey people out there.

Let's see how they respond

• Like 2

The way the Canucks are playing this season deserve our support despite a bad period.  They still deserve to be able to figure out why the Bruins is going very aggressive and time to adjust their game plan on the fly.  The Bruins are obviously hyped up more than usual and the Canucks are too used but the problem is that Bruins has upper their game and showed different strategy to show them who is the boss.  If the Canucks are playing like this all year and didn't allow any EV goals and is showing more than the Bruins, it bodes well, imho.  SH goals is like a roulette.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Where have we heard this before. Maybe it means we lack players who can intimidate back which means we should be looking for players that can do it back to them at the deadline. 

The Canucks have a far larger and more intimidating blue line. They have forwards like Miller, Joshua and Lafferty who aren’t afraid to muck it up with anyone. If they’re intimidated by anything, it’s the effort level. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Boston is the best team the Canucks have faced this season. They are strong in every position and they move the puck really well. They are the best the East has to offer and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Cup Final. Whether that will be against Vancouver remains to be seen, but this game is showing the Canucks how good they are going to have to be to make a deep playoff run.

They also get some pretty favourable reffing. Helps.

I've seen at least 3 late hits...they're running guys into the boards after the puck's gone. Yet JT got that BS call. A little bit more freedom afforded to them. Brad cried after his booboo last game so they're pampering him and his team.

I hope these guys knock the crap out of him. He's such a shwarmy schmuck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

We were so good that period.  But they are down in the most embarrassing fashion.  You think they’d fucking care about defense Tocchet should have run defensive drills on the pp last practice and if he didn’t this is on him for this fucking farce

Being lackadaisical in the PP is a player issue.  guaranteed the players are embarrassed for the lack of effort. giving up one vs CAR was bad enough.  All Tocc can do is ask the boys do they want to win? then wake the F up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Boston is the best team the Canucks have faced this season. They are strong in every position and they move the puck really well. They are the best the East has to offer and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Cup Final. Whether that will be against Vancouver remains to be seen, but this game is showing the Canucks how good they are going to have to be to make a deep playoff run.

basically silly mistakes and lazy efforts made by our allstars. otherwise it was a good road period.

• Like 1

All this b.s. Boston vs Canucks media coverage is in your heads guys. This is a very different team, and a different system. its 20 minutes of a regular season game, this isn't the Stanley cup finals, chill!

• chaos 1

Lmfao same dumbasses every bad game complaining about 1 period/1 game. Yes, all you are right, 1 game this season out of 50 should be used as a measuring stick as to how good this team is or the playoff outcome.

They made some bad mistakes against the 2nd best team in the league, isnt end of the world or the season, or in this case even the game.

If they continue to play dreadfully, its 1 game. Chill the eff out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1