[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Some things I’ve noticed:

1. Hughes does not get back fast enough. Slows down when the players headed towards our net on the 2nd SHG.

2. Mikheyev is not a top 6 player idgaf what anyone thinks 

3. Demko is not a good stick handler. He should avoid it.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Where have we heard this before? Maybe it means we lack players who can intimidate back which means we should be looking for players that can do it back to teams like this at the deadline. 

Well, the Bruins have the edge in experience. Both teams know that. I think we have the players, we need to better dialed in and fully confident in what we can do. 

Also, the pregame interviews were a bit revealing to me. A bit too nice. 

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I can see we're not used to being top in the league.

Teams are watching a lot of Canuck tape and trying to figure out how to break them down.  There's a lot of smart hockey people out there.

Let's see how they respond

Considering we're giving shg like it's Christmas, teams know how to beat us when we have man advantage. We keep doing the same mistakes 

5 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Man, if I'm embarrassed by that 1st period, I wonder how the team feels. 

Trust brotha, they feel like shit. They are much more capable than this and theyve proved it this entire season but everyone including professional teams have off nights, it happens. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Pressure sure does get to this team. Mentally fragile at times. How do our leaders respond in the second will say a lot about them? It’s their fault we are down 2-0. What are they going to do about it??

I'm still trying to figure out how you are actually a Canucks fan? You seem only happy when the team is losing.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Missed 1st period. Are they playing that bad or just some bad breaks? 

they are competing hard w the Bruins.  2 lackadaisical efforts on the PP cost them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Coach gna get the boys going.  You know he ain't happy.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room for the "pep" talk that is happening.

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

This game is making me angry. The canucks look like amateurs out there. If the team is playing slow, i can understand and the solution is simple, play harder.

But right now its not a matter of playing harder, but smarter. The Canucks are playing into Bostons hands. Bostons lacks the skill we have so they are trying to turn this into a physical game and we are falling for it. The teams that usually win are the teams that dictate the pace and style of the game. 

This starts by getting more shots, especially on the PP. If guys block em, who cares, those bumps and bruises take their toll as the game wears on. We are passing too much and giving the Bruins too many opportunities to get takeaways. More shots will force the Bruins out of their defensive positions and force them to scramble for loose pucks creating space for scoring chances if you can win those loose puck battles. We also need to go behind the net more on the PP, Boston is bringing pressure on the blue line forcing bad passes. Yet on that last goal Boston only had one guy downlow, play behind the net and force Boston to bring defenders down from the point to open up more space for our blueliners. We are perimeter passing around the blueline on the PP giving Boston opportunities to create shorthanded chances.

I think this a sign that Boston did their homework and studied our game and PP and are deploying a solid counter. Coaching adjustments will be key in this intermission.

Tocc needs to get thru to the boys and alter the game plan, Boston obviously knows what were trying to do so we need to shake it up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Two awful plays but other than that they've been the better team 

I saw replays of the two SHGs. I don't understand why Pettersson was defending the Boston player instead of Hughes.

As much as I hate Boston, the Canucks need these types of games where they have to fight against a good team when down. They won't be able to just go into playoff games and be up every game.

That being said, I just want the Canucks to play their system and keep to it. Pressure vs pressure!

That girl is gonna kill someone with her car and her friend is saying she’s a great driver, is that accessory to murder?

Hate that commercial.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

The way the Canucks are playing this season deserve our support despite a bad period.  They still deserve to be able to figure out why the Bruins is going very aggressive and time to adjust their game plan on the fly.  The Bruins are obviously hyped up more than usual and the Canucks are too used but the problem is that Bruins has upper their game and showed different strategy to show them who is the boss.  If the Canucks are playing like this all year and didn't allow any EV goals and is showing more than the Bruins, it bodes well, imho.  SH goals is like a roulette.

Great post and perspective. 

OKAY WELL...

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They also get some pretty favourable reffing. Helps.

I've seen at least 3 late hits...they're running guys into the boards after the puck's gone. Yet JT got that BS call. A little bit more freedom afforded to them. Brad cried after his booboo last game so they're pampering him and his team.

I hope these guys knock the crap out of him. He's such a shwarmy schmuck.

Yup. Reminds me of 2011. Bad calls and missed calls. 

This is a prelude to playoff hockey and won’t get any easier from now on.

Hopefully they show up the rest of the game or I’ll be having night terrors again.