[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Canucks have lost only two regulation games in the last 24!!!!!!

they’re allowed to stink…

But ya this is a total let down for sure!!!

this game was definitely hyped up…

Two of the the best teams in the league coming together and the Canucks decide to crap the bed

not a good look…

ugh!!!!

OOOOOF!!!!

Canucks fans be like…..

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bruins are a top Eastern team and look like it

Did they look like a top Eastern team against the Flames a few nights ago? They played the game like we are against the flames just last game. Logic would follow that Calgary is also better than us given they spanked the Bruins. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I didn't think it was terrible.  Barry Pederson had been a consistent 90-110 point player and was headed for the Hall of Fame...guaranteed...before his shoulder issues.  Neely was a 20 goal / 40 point guy as a Canuck...when things were going well.  If the Canucks did their proper medical due diligence and that showed limited prospects for Pederson to get back to form...well even then it didn't seem bad at the time if we were getting the 75 point Pederson we got.  Nobody really expected Neely to explode the way he did in Boston and well, maybe the Bruins management knew a little more about Pederson's shoulder than we did.  But Pederson was still a very good Canuck.

If the Bruins knew Pederson was damaged goods before trading him, they won the trade 100 times over.  You don't trade a first round pick young power forward who can score and fight.  The worse trade in Canuck history.  The first time of many times the Bruins bended over the Canucks.  Neely helped  build the Bruin that beats the Nucks in 2011.   Neely reached the super star status in Bruins history like Orr and Esposito.  

I was so happy the Caucks drafted him and sad when they traded him.  I wondered what his career would be like if he stayed.  The worse trade in Canucks history.

• Vintage 1