[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I have family in Boston. It’s a beautiful city. Way better than Van. Don’t hate the city. Hate the team and Bruin fans. 

Boston has:

- decent beer like sam adans brick red

- good lobster rolls

- less expensive concert tickets than nyc

Otherwise it's pretty overrated. Plus boston folks are kinda awful

3 minutes ago, CurtFraser24 said:

If the Bruins knew Pederson was damaged goods before trading him, they won the trade 100 times over.  You don't trade a first round pick young power forward who can score and fight.  The worse trade in Canuck history.  The first time of many times the Bruins bended over the Canucks.  Neely helped  build the Bruin that beats the Nucks in 2011.   Neely reached the super star status in Bruins history like Orr and Esposito.  

I was so happy the Caucks drafted him and sad when they traded him.  I wondered what his career would be like if he stayed.  The worse trade in Canucks history.

Neely played three seasons for the Canucks.  He averaged about 17 goals and 34 points and was close to that each year.  The Canucks hoped for big things but at the end of year three they were not obvious on the horizon and the Canucks had never had a 100 point player before.  The trade worked out for Boston but I don't think Vancouver was stupid when they made the deal.

• Vintage 1

It also comes down to preparation and the Canucks just weren’t prepared to play. Didn’t show up and didn’t want to play tonight. Eventually you have to learn to play against teams like Boston. This team has no ties to the 2011 team and yet there is an intimidation factor the franchise can’t seem to shake. Eventually you just needs players that won’t accept these type of games. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1