[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

7 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Lol I’m not going to quote everyone since clearly a few people disagree and I don’t have the time to quote everyone. But I think the true and real test of finding out if the Canucks are for real IS BOSTON. Boston has been regularly the 1st or 2nd ranked team all season. How we play against them tomorrow and on the 24th will say a lot about how this team is built. Regardless of what you want to believe it or not. Boston is the one team hands on ahead of everyone else in the league. People are saying “I don’t care how they play against Boston the Canucks have already proven themselves”. Well that’s honestly leading to saying if the Canucks lose we don’t care cause they’ve done so and so. NO. My standards are a lot higher sorry to say. What will these same people say if the Canucks lose both tomorrow and the 24th? 

Hope the Canucks win 10000-1 tomorrow but realistically speaking this is going to be a close game and a true test against an actual cup contender. Hope the Canucks depth shines and we get what we hope for.

2 points up for grabs, Bruins are at home and just got spanked/embarrassed by Calgary. Losing tomorrow doesn’t prove anything in their barn, now if and it’s a big IF we lose tomorrow and we lose again to them on our home ice then I 100% agree with your “test” theory. 

I appreciate the enthusiasm but until the Canucks lose 3 games in a row this season which I’ll remind everyone we haven’t, the importance or how much emphasis is put on “beating Boston” in regular season means nothing in terms of playoffs , what it does do is gives a team another valuable 2 points. 

This Vancouver team is all business, 1 game at a time, reset and move on.

If Boston is the top team in the East then hopefully we get another crack at them in a Stanley Cup Final. Until then enjoy the ride and tomorrow is 2 points up for grabs, win or lose… that I assure you won’t hinder this team on a playoff run come April. 

Go Canucks! :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’d be my choice.

Problem is I’m not sure the Caps will be sellers….

You never know by then.

Now they are 7 pts back of WC2, 4 teams ahead of them.  

3 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

This deserves  Russian Giraffe ... as I am Russian/Ukranian but identify 100%Uke I can only give a prop.

Ukes kicking Russian ass ... SLAVA UKRAYIYA! GIRYOYA SLAVA!

Canucks kicking Bruins ass.

Staples!

Defense!

Flatten the RAT!

Ilya, score 4 goals brat!

Bro, you need to work on your Ukrainian a bit 🙂 

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Did we watch different games against the Canes? I guess it was the Canes spending 2 minute shifts in our zone, making full lineup changes in the process, not the other way around…

Did you miss the entire third period? They basically dominated us in the third. Can’t rem What the shots were but at one point it was 10-2 for the canes in the third

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Did you miss the entire third period? They basically dominated us in the third. Can’t rem What the shots were but at one point it was 10-2 for the canes in the third

Shots? Most of them were from the perimeter. They definitely did not “dominate” us in the third. Also, the game is 3 periods long. Even if the Canes pushed in the second half of the 3rd because they were behind - it doesn’t make them “we weren’t controlling the game”.

• Vintage 3

31 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Shots? Most of them were from the perimeter. They definitely did not “dominate” us in the third. Also, the game is 3 periods long. Even if the Canes pushed in the second half of the 3rd because they were behind - it doesn’t make them “we weren’t controlling the game”.

All I saw was the Canes playing in our end and every time we’d get the puck we’d cross Center ice and dump it in and change.

Think the match-up tonight may be pretty tight  - similar to the last Canes game as neither team wants to make any big error / give a man advantage.  Seems like this has been happening quite often when some of top teams meet (the Oilers + Vegas game last night had no space anywhere). 

Important for the Canucks to not fall behind too much too early so that they have to open up.  It's a road game so no need to entertain.

Just Win.jpg

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

For someone who holds the moral standards of one’s conduct to the level you do, I’m surprised by this comment. 

I'm a utilitarian.  If he physically can't give anyone cheapshots, respectable players are safer and the game is better for it.  Since the NHL hasn't done their job and banned that gutless piece of trash for life, an injury is the next best thing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

There’s no way big Z is going to hit Marchand because physics.  Hoglander on the other hand is the perfect height for a nice open ice hit 

And he has thrown some nasty reverse checks, even at open ice, on bigger fellas than Marchand. Keep it clean and hope the chance presents itself. 

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm a utilitarian.  If he physically can't give anyone cheapshots, respectable players are safer and the game is better for it.  Since the NHL hasn't done their job and banned that gutless piece of trash for life, an injury is the next best thing.

Haha! I don’t agree, but am still working to understand your stick-to-it-ive-ness. I hope we win with pure class and don’t seek to exact any justice and potentially ruin the great thing we have going. Cheers friend. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

All I saw was the Canes playing in our end and every time we’d get the puck we’d cross Center ice and dump it in and change.

I cant remember but what is our record holding leads into the third period?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1