[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

I am in the minority, but I really do not think pettersson is worth 11.5 or 12 million.

If he isn't scoring he is not very useful. He is weak and constantly falls down. I have said it before and still think it is true.

I would much rather try to find another miller type player (yes yes I know it is not easy). At least when Miller isn't scoring he is a big strong pain in the butt. He is a playoff type player. petey not so much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Man people will reference this game for the rest of the season to say we are pretenders. 

Hard to argue against at this point. 

Not hard at all.

All teams have crappy games, happens. Bruins had to redeem themselves after last game. Marchand bleeding after someone had enough of his crap. They're at home and were fired up. Our team? Nervous apprehension.

If you do rate the team ONLY on a bad game, you're doing it wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brilac said:

I'm still upset over that Kuzy trade! My guy with the great hair is gone!

that much smiling is not allowed on a Tocc team.

• Haha 2

The next meeting against Boston at home will dictate how this season goes.  If they show up angry and determined, my faith will be restored.  They $#!7 out another performance like this and it's going to be an early golf season for this team.

• Like 1

i just noticed they play these guys again on the 24th.  i think we will see a better version of the team in that game.  First goal so early on, short handed, seems to have changed the dynamic of the game.  A little concerning how the skill guys have a bit of trouble against these grinding / tight checking teams

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

We've been winning a lot so we're bound to have a game like this. Just sucks that it had to be against the Bruins who I still dislike very very much. 

No excuse, but we had a crap game at Toronto too, which I would imagine, most of hate losing against.

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

Man people will reference this game for the rest of the season to say we are pretenders. 

Hard to argue against at this point. 

With good cause I think.