[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Rocket-68

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

I did have a feeling about this game since it was the Bruins. I was just hoping they could overcome it and make us proud. I really hope we destroy them at Rogers. They sort of rolled over which isn’t a good sign. Stick smashing instead of making a difference on the ice. 

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

If you don't think there's a ton to be learned from this game I donno what to tell you? 

Doesn’t mean Boston is putting on a clinic, they’re not, the 2 shorties were pure laziness, the 3rd goal was an unlucky bounce. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

I'm still upset over that Kuzy trade! My guy with the great hair is gone!

That's ok I have no hair (shaved) and a gotie!!! Plus a 4 pack lol Had a 6 pack but age just not the same lol.

Miss the mullet days hahaha omg yes I had one.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

With good cause I think.

Yes because one game determines what a team is.

Forget those other games. Just this one.

And do we apply that same standard to the Bruins then? And their last game?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's still Brock, but I think Apricot has him as one of her husbands.....

But Kuzy was something else! Great hair + great smile + great personality + great scorer! 

And I'm not a Flames fan. Yeah. 

• Cheers 1

Only thing thst bugs me when,if we have to lose the odd game, is if we dont lay the body and try to punish them physically..

Go down swinging!

Edited by bishopshodan

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

I am in the minority, but I really do not think pettersson is worth 11.5 or 12 million.

If he isn't scoring he is not very useful. He is weak and constantly falls down. I have said it before and still think it is true.

I would much rather try to find another miller type player (yes yes I know it is not easy). At least when Miller isn't scoring he is a big strong pain in the butt. He is a playoff type player. petey not so much.

He's my favourite Canuck, but I wouldn't be paying anyone that much of my csp

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I'm not debating Neely's credentials.  He is in the Hall of Fame and belongs there.  I just remember hockey at the time and it wasn't certain to me anyway that Neely was destined for big things in 1987.  Jim Sandlak was in the system, a little younger and had crushed it at the World Juniors.  Obviously Sandlak never turned into what Neely turned into but he was decent.  I'm not even sure that the book was out and written in stone at the time on how power forwards develop and how they need extra time like Bertuzzi and Sandlak.  The Canucks had a good history of Neely types...among them Curt Fraser and Tiger Williams who played a big part in 1982.  Not all of them as big as Neely but 30 goal guys who could fight.  They decided to take a run at a premier league scorer and that's what Barry Pederson had been and what the Canucks had never had.  They had fought their way through the Smythe with four other teams all of which had 130 point players or better, while the Canucks had never had a 100 point or 50 goal scorer ever.

Like I said, Boston got the better of the deal, but I didn't think it was crazy at the time the Canucks did it and Pederson was still vying for the team scoring lead during his time in Vancouver.

Cam Neely was one of if not the most regreable trades the Canucks ever made. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac said:

I am in the minority, but I really do not think pettersson is worth 11.5 or 12 million.

If he isn't scoring he is not very useful. He is weak and constantly falls down. I have said it before and still think it is true.

I would much rather try to find another miller type player (yes yes I know it is not easy). At least when Miller isn't scoring he is a big strong pain in the butt. He is a playoff type player. petey not so much.

He has to find a way to get stronger. Work on his lower strength. I am not sure if he can put on more weight as he ages but his slightness is a bit concerning. He can’t willingly force his will in a game with his physical traits. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

That's ok I have no hair (shaved) and a gotie!!! Plus a 4 pack lol Had a 6 pack but age just not the same lol.

Miss the mullet days hahaha omg yes I had one.

6 pack or 4 need work. Sit back relax and enjoy the Keg you have for free

• Cheers 1