[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I also think that this should be the cue for Tocchet to start playing DeSmith more games. The Bruins have fresher goalies. Tonight the Canucks should have rested Demko, because it was really a wasted game for him.

Second game back after the all-star break. Fine to play him back to back with a day rest. Desmith should get wings, demmer back for caps.

Just got to let it go, come out hungrier and try some new lines.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

That's just it. Boston is playing such a good game because they are pressuring hard. Forcing us to make bad passes. Their penalty kill was super aggressive. They are making cross ice passes. They are jumping up on the rush so forwards are losing their coverage.

The reason the canucks are playing so poorly is because Boston is playing so well. 

Team hasn't even had a real sniff at a goal, and that's not because the canucks aren't good. They are good. 

But Boston has them on the ropes.

Same Bruins were boo'd in their own building and played like crap vs the Flames two nights ago.

So it happens to all teams at times.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Yeah that is the most surprising thing. I thought the Canucks would have shown they were going to play good hockey today, but instead shot themselves in the foot several times. The most embarrassing game this year.

Well it’s not even just showing they were going to play good hockey. It’s more the fact they didn’t show any fight back. The stick slapping and pouting. Show a little maturity and some bite.

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Second game back after the all-star break. Fine to play him back to back with a day rest. Desmith should get wings, demmer back for caps.

Just got to let it go, come out hungrier and try some new lines.

I was already thinking that Demko needs more rest before this game. I just think for the playoffs they need a better rested Demko. DeSmith more games to be ready. There was really no point in having Demko in after the 4th goal - especially with the crappy effort by the team.

Just now, -dlc- said:

Same Bruins were boo'd in their own building and played like crap vs the Flames two nights ago.

So it happens to all teams at times.

For sure. 

I just seeing it more as Bruins outplaying the canucks and not just "canucks are crap tonight"