[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins, Feb 8 7PM EST (4PM PST) TD Garden, the Play 'em like it was Game 8 January 7, 2012 ... oh ya, Smash the Rat Too! Game

Can't We Just All be Civilized  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Marchand heading down the wing and Big Zeke meets him going full speed the other way and "accidently" leaves his feet delivering 245 lbs of rage to the Rat ... result 5 game suspension for Big Zeke and Marchand out for 4 weeks. Do you care?

• Yes, we are striving to win the Lady Bing and thus Pax Romana please
    • Hell no, Big Zeke should have elbow dropped him while prone on the ice for good measure
    • Well if it was an accident, then all is forgiven ... once the suspension is served
    • No, but should always try for a clean hit that borderlines on felonious assault - just short of course
    • None of the above, see my comments below

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Canucks mailed it in tonight. Not their finest hour. Time to get back to and take the next game .

but can they raise their game or were they already peaked.

Complete garbage game for the team.  Probably one of the two worst of the season.

Not sure what they had for lunch, but maybe want to avoid that restaurant next time they are in Boston.

Way too many giveaways... and to provide the Bruins with those kind of opportunities in their home building....  Nah.

Plus everyone who had a decent chance shot the puck wide or mishandled it.

File and forget.

• Like 2

Just now, Mo Grit said:

but can they raise their game or were they already peaked.

Peaked????  In this game.  You have to be kidding.

They were at the bottom or maybe just above the worst level of their play all season.

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

The bruins handled them easily.  It was easy to get Van off their game.  Bruins have been on cruise mode since the first goal

Unfortunately we have to give them credit as much as it pains me. We definitely didn’t show up tonight. 

• Vintage 1

Meh they were due for a stinker.

Actually amazing how few lopsided losses they’ve had this season.

Everyone was off today but I still think this game highlights that we need a guy that can get to the net and get in a goalies face. We’re gonna run into goalies like Ullmark and teams that know how to shut it down. Important to have some big bodies that get to the net. 

• Like 1

Wasn't a case of the Bruins playing spectacularly either... they just took advantage of the gold plated opportunities we handed them.

Gifting them two shorthanded goals?  And then flubbing any offensive chances.

Don't think this game is indicative of the team's real capability.

Lets see if they bounce back against Detroit.

I do not normally read or response about Canucks bad losses but I'll make this an exemption.  I am in fact ok with this effort because 2 SHG allowed is a killer and it's not their night.  3 lines did fine but not the PP unit which they did not make a quick passes that will find open man.  Best way to response is to conserve their energy if they put this game out of reach in early 2nd period.  If one of those goal trickled in, they'd make more effort in this one and try to comeback.  It didn't happen.  They are allowed a stinker and they can afford to have one or two stinker once every two months and it has been a while since they had one in Flyers' game.   Move on and forget about it.  Ignore the noise that they will said about cannot beat the Bruins when it matter.  Truth to be told, they are still 1st in NHL with a tiebreaker with Regulation wins, not head to head and that is the first tiebreaker.   They will bounce back but tough way with morning game in Detroit so see you next game.  They'll be neck to neck race for first overall until end of season unless the Bruins beat us in Vancouver.

Shit game and result, for sure. 

But to keep things in perspective, Carolina just beat Colorado 5-2. 

We just played and beat the Hurricanes in their barn. 

Shit happens. Move on. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Kuz back to scoring… man if only tocc was patient with him 

Tocc made him a scapegoat it felt like . Meanwhile we had other players having similar issues but got longer leashes. I’ve not been a fan of tocc since day one regardless of our record under him. 

Power Play unit needs a bit of a shakeup.

Maybe try Joshua in front of the net instead of Suter.... bigger body.

And just let the shots go from the point.

First thing they need to do though with the PP is move the puck FAST after the initial faceoff win or after the zone entry.

Got to prevent the other team pressuring and the best way to do that is move the puck around fast and get them too far behind to pressure.

• Upvote 1